Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a serious question. The location of the charge port on F-150 EV looks ever farther back from the front than on the Mach-E. The Mach-E is known to have problems charging at some stations because of the cable length (see Sandy Munro vs EV charger). Would all EA, EVGo, etc. fast charging stations have cables long enough to reach the F-150 charging port?? If not, the Lightning can become Ford's Pinto #2.

And Holy Cow! Watch this video about Pinto. Ford does the EXACT same PR moves now!

You really think the odds of people randomly shooting CT’s will go up enough to outweigh the benefits of being in such a vehicle?

Not only randomly shooting it, but throwing rocks at it, trying to dent it, slashing tires.

The Hate for Musk and Tesla is real. The Hate for the CT is also going to be at an all time high during the first couple of years.

Not if you are towing with a Cybertruck. What we have seen is that the 300 mile range F150 is going to cost $60K+. So go with the 500+ mile Cybertruck with 250kw charging. 250 miles between charges and how long will charge take? 44 minutes to add the 250 miles back.

I'll believe that when I see it. Not saying it won't happen. But still waiting on the Roadster, the Cybertruck, FSD, the Christmas 2020 double fire update.......

Reactions: msm859 and KJD
without a doubt. Rivian for $68k starting is just too expensive. for that price I'd rather get the F150 Lariat with extended range battery + Ford Service network

Meh, the Rivian is a 4 motor truck with probably an even bigger battery. Cooler tech. A fully loaded R1T is in the low 70's. I think the Lariat is going to be right on that mark with options.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Not only randomly shooting it, but throwing rocks at it, trying to dent it, slashing tires.

The Hate for Musk and Tesla is real. The Hate for the CT is also going to be at an all time high during the first couple of years.
in my 8 years of tesla ownership nobody every vandalized the car, threw rocks at me, you must reside in cali where there is no consequences for criminality

in my 8 years of tesla ownership nobody every vandalized the car, threw rocks at me, you must reside in cali where there is no consequences for criminality

There’s not much in Jacksonville so I believe you. Yeah It’s pretty bad out here, I advise you not to ever visit, tell your friends.

One thing I forgot to mention was actually charging the CT, are there any plans to change SC to pull in type SC’s? Looks like EA will be putting up stations where you can just pull in

Last edited:
Even in a basic trim, $40k (less with incentives) is a great price for an EV “traditional” truck. Ford was smart at hitting that price point.

The CT at $40k with the MadMax design and other tech is probably worth the difference in incentives so I still lean Tesla but we will probably end up with both unless someone else comes up with an EV truck in the same price range.

And like many people, I just like driving a truck. Not too worried about towing or load capacity.

I just hope Tesla OTAs the ability to use our vehicles as Powerwalls sometime in the future. :)

Speaking of price, I am hoping the CT price stays the same, with Steel prices rising I'm not sure if those prices will hold. For me it's a matter of what comes out first, Tesla or F-150. I have reservations for both, but I am way down the list on the CT. If anything I'll get an F150m drive it around for a couple of years and when my CT reservation comes up I can get that.

price is a really good point. Tesla currently charges $51k for a 326 miles AWD Model Y ... so I'm *very* skeptical that Tesla will offer the AWD Cybertruck with 300+ miles range for *less* money. The Cybertruck will need larger batteries (= higher costs) and is a much larger vehicle with higher need for steel/aluminum etc. And even if they could - why would they use limited factory and battery production capacity to pump out lower margin Cybertrucks when they can sell higher margin Model Ys?

i just think it's funny that the very pro-truck panhandle couldn't drive their new fancy F150 lightning to Dallas without making a detour
while that part of TX may be pro truck they aren't very pro EV.
EVs have been on the road for years, so this lack of charging on that route has little to ford's not yet released truck.
I was last out that way 5 years ago, not much has changed on the 287 routing between amarillo and dallas.

And we know why. Plenty of videos that get added every day why the Cybertruck isnt being delivered yet. Little thing called a factory needs to be finished.

.....And Elon has said that factory is going to prioritize Y first before it gets going on CT's.

Yeah, I know about the factory. It sits about 100 miles from where I'm typing this, so it's definitely in the local news.

Reactions: T3SLAROD