Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And we know why. Plenty of videos that get added every day why the Cybertruck isnt being delivered yet. Little thing called a factory needs to be finished.

Same with Ford F-150 Lightning. The chief Ford EV engineer at the reveal said the project started 3 years ago. Today there are no F-150 Lightning shipping to dealers because Ford does not have a factory yet either. By June 2022 it will have been 4 years. Also the Ford Mustang Mach-e is not even made in the U.S.

Same with Ford F-150 Lightning. The chief Ford EV engineer at the reveal said the project started 3 years ago. Today there are no F-150 Lightning shipping to dealers because Ford does not have a factory yet either. By June 2022 it will have been 4 years. Also the Ford Mustang Mach-e is not even made in the U.S.

I’m not sure where you are getting your information from, but the factory that is building the Lightning has been around since 1928.

The Lightning was announced 2 days ago and you’re wondering why there are none shipping? Lol

A little different as Lordstown is not an established automaker who just had the President of the US come out and test drive it, but I hear ya!
The President went to the factory and praised the Chevrolet Volt ("When I leave office, I'll buy one of these!").
That didn't go over as well as expected. It was great car, but that is not enough.
Tesla's big advantage over the rest of the EV industry is the Tesla brand. Ford, GM, VW, Toyota, et al, will have a difficult time establishing themselves as a 'sexy' EV maker. If they were wise, they would create new brands for their EV products, but nope.

Last edited:
The President went to the factory and praised the Chevrolet Volt ("When I leave office, I'll buy one of these!").
That didn't go over as well as expected. It was great car, but that is not enough.
Tesla's big advantage over the rest of the EV industry is the Tesla brand. Ford, GM, VW, Toyota, et al, will have a difficult time establishing themselves as a 'sexy' EV maker. If they were wise, they would create new brands for their EV products, but nope.
The only issue Ford is going to have with the Lightning is being able to build enough. Demand will far outstrip supply.

The only issue Ford is going to have with the Lightning is being able to build enough. Demand will far outstrip supply.
You wish! I don't want to talk about software issues and hardware failures of Ford, including the Mach-E, but as far as I can see many chargers will be unable to reach the F-150 charging port because of its location. If I am correct, this is going to be a disaster, Ford's Waterloo. ... unless they change the design NOW.

You wish! I don't want to talk about software issues and hardware failures of Ford, including the Mach-E, but as far as I can see many chargers will be unable to reach the F-150 charging port because of its location. If I am correct, this is going to be a disaster, Ford's Waterloo. ... unless they change the design NOW.

😂

Such a bad design, if only there were charging stations designed like gas station :rolleyes: and there are more coming in a similar fashion..... meanwhile we are still trying to figure out when Tesla will start with a similar design to accommodate CT that are Towing.
960x0.jpg
electrify-america-dc-fast-chargers-in-gulfport-mississippi_100673827_h.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 9.07.43 PM.png

😂

Such a bad design, if only there were charging stations designed like gas station :rolleyes: and there are more coming in a similar fashion..... meanwhile we are still trying to figure out when Tesla will start with a similar design to accommodate CT that are Towing.
Most EA are not like that, not like on Ford's CGI. Many EA chargers are in Walmart parking lots with no way to park parallel to the charger. The problem is that Ford does not control the charging infrastructure and cannot easily make changes for its vehicles. Tesla HAS supercharger slots for drive-through charging, and Tesla plans to install more of those and more wider and longer charging places for the Cybertruck, which has the charging port close to its tail and accessible for standard superchargers.

Many EA stations are like THIS:

1621700166848.png

If you travel and this is the only type of charger parking in an area on your road trip, then you are pretty much fkuced with your F-150 ... well, unless you park parallel to all chargers blocking all of them. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1621699912627.png
    1621699912627.png
    473.1 KB · Views: 33