Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been cases in the past where Tesla has refunded people in other scenarios. They “might” still do the right thing. We shall see.
We shall see. They may end up refunding Plaid order holders that paid for upgrades while others are being upgraded for free. But there are still all of the LR order holders that paid to upgrade based on the promise of receiving their car by the end of last year.

My whole point is that Tesla has done their share of hinky crap. Tesla has been breaking promises to customers since 2008. While I have had eye-rolling experiences at dealerships over the years, I have never been lied to or promised something that was never delivered. As always, YMMV.

I checked out the Lightning at Barrett-Jackson last week in Scottsdale. Nice rig. If Ford can get its arse in gear - it's going to sell a $hit ton of those trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 83
How many buyers in 2022 will get the $7500 tax rebate from the feds? I know it’s capped but wondering if that cap is below the number of F150s projected to be built this year.
It's a phased reduction, Ford total may be 150k going in 2022, so they'd need to stay under 50k additional sales until Q3 to get full credit all year.
Plug In Electric Vehicle Credit IRC 30 and IRC 30D | Internal Revenue Service
Phase out:
Quarter they break 200k sold in the US
One quarter with full credit
Two quarters of half credit
Two quarters of quarter credit
Nothing

Reactions: Leeclanual
Did it have a dealer markup?

not every dealer markups the F150 pre orders. plenty in the forum here have in writing from the dealer what they will pay. I know that "dealer markups!!!!" is currently the killer argument against the F150 while the CT is nowhere to be seen ... when the CT launches for $70k+ ... are we allowed to call the price difference from $40k as unveiled to $70k a "dealer markup" ?

not every dealer markups the F150 pre orders. plenty in the forum here have in writing from the dealer what they will pay. I know that "dealer markups!!!!" is currently the killer argument against the F150 while the CT is nowhere to be seen ... when the CT launches for $70k+ ... are we allowed to call the price difference from $40k as unveiled to $70k a "dealer markup" ?
I understand where you are coming from, but it was meant as an honest question, not a 'gotcha'. Just like complaints vs compliments, more people will post if there is a markup than if there isn't, so I was leaning toward the the answer being no.

I understand where you are coming from, but it was meant as an honest question, not a 'gotcha'. Just like complaints vs compliments, more people will post if there is a markup than if there isn't, so I was leaning toward the the answer being no.

yes - just like the Mach-E. Some dealers around me are marking everything up $10K, others are not. It’s partly due to limited availability. Many lots are "empty" - no inventory. Some dealers just put the markup on the cars to see if people bite. Happens quite a bit with Raptors too.

heck - people on these boards are selling their Tesla reservations - that’s a markup too.

Reactions: KJD and mongo
Figured I'd bump this thread
Anyone buying a cover for the bed? If so, what kind?
I'm planning on a BAK Revolver X4s tonneau and a bed rug. The frunk on the Lightning is nice, but I've filled the entire hatch and back seat area of my MS with Christmas presents and Thanksgiving supplies before, so I know I'll need more covered space for some trips with the Lightning. This combo should let the bed function more like a giant trunk when needed and still let me load motorcycles and other stuff in the bed. Here's the tonneau: