Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally! The new rear cupholders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The product page in the Tesla Shop states that console has "USB/power-cord pass-through". I interpret that to mean that it is designed to allow access to the existing USB ports.
I interpret that as pass through for the front USB ports into the front console. The photo in the online store does not show USB ports in the back by the cup holders. But if it is an outdated photo, I would like to know the new information.

Since today is the Chevy Bolt EPA range reveal day, I thought I'd point out how generous Tesla is throwing in 2 rear USB ports for free. For the Chevy Bolt two rear USB ports are part of the optional Infotainment Package (only available with the Premier Trim, no go with the base LT Trim) :D

• Funny
Reactions: hybridbear
Lucky newest owners! I wish mine had it (refreshed S delivered about 6 weeks ago).

Quick question for the lucky new owners with the rear cupholder: does it look like the panel that holds the cupholder is a contiguous piece with the rest of the console? In the prior version, the back piece under the heating vents (where your cupholders are now) is just a snapped in flat plastic panel. It would be amazing if the new cupholders are designed as a part that can mount the same way. Take a careful look for a seam that runs down the length of the rear panel!

I'm still hoping the cupholder part is retrofittable to newer cars (and those that just got the new integrated center console installed in older cars).