Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting 5.12 is like getting a whole new car.

I now have more rated miles (268 at ~57K miles) than I had when she was new (264). Was getting between 248 and 253 on a range charge last month during the trip to TMC connect.

BTW: I have an A pack.

I now have more rated miles (268 at ~57K miles) than I had when she was new (264). Was getting between 248 and 253 on a range charge last month during the trip to TMC connect.

What FW did you come from? I had 5.11, but I didn't really detect much change from that version - I am assuming you are coming from 5.8/9? I did notice everything seemed a bit more "clean-cut" when it came to the graphics, etc...but they did wash my car inside and out so I wasn't sure if it was just "clean".

After updating to 5.11, or was it 5.9 - I don't remember - my displayed range increased noticeably. However, that increase has since disappeared and my numbers are now below what they used to be prior to update. I also keep the car at 50%-70% charge range most days, so I don't use the full range of the battery. I have a feeling my range estimate has drifted down again.

Just dropped off the car for the AC acoustic cover and bracket work & they were going to look over my logs for the .22 bugs I have been having, I did a full charge the other day & maxed out at 255, going to try .26 lets see if it adds 10 more rated miles after my update.

Wait a minute, my A pack is still getting 249 max on 5.12. Same as 5.9 and the same as you were seeing last month. Is there any rhyme or reason to rated miles?

Had my car in for 12K mile service 3 days ago.

Got 5.12 (.26) + AC covers + steering shims + ...

No change in range for me (B battery pack) but I never saw the decrease other did under earlier FW.

It did whack my personal settings. Had to redo them. It's funny how dependent I have become on the passenger side mirror angling down upon backup.

Other than that, the car seems pretty much the same.

After updating to 5.11, or was it 5.9 - I don't remember - my displayed range increased noticeably. However, that increase has since disappeared and my numbers are now below what they used to be prior to update. I also keep the car at 50%-70% charge range most days, so I don't use the full range of the battery. I have a feeling my range estimate has drifted down again.

Mine did that too, after toggling range mode on the climate control it went back up.

Sleep mode option

Re: difficulty connecting and waking car from sleep mode: Why not offer a 3rd option where the car does not go to sleep when plugged in but does go to sleep when not plugged in to save range? I realize this still leaves the case where you want to pre-cool the car and are not plugged in.

My Homelink has been very intermittent ever since I moved to 5.11.

Homelink has been rock solid for me with every firmware since I got the car 15 months ago. I can open my garage door from way down the street.

- - - Updated - - -

5.12 (.26) appears to have fixed many of the bugs found in .22, iPhone app is waking car normally.

Which bugs? The only bug I had (now fixed) was that the geolocation charge memory would not show on the screen (always showed 80 amps) but it did actually remember when I plugged in.

Weird how the issue of "bugs" differs so widely between owners.

Homelink has been rock solid for me with every firmware since I got the car 15 months ago. I can open my garage door from way down the street.

It's been solid for me once I learned the two tricks: Press the homelink button before I get in the driveway, and don't move the car (after pressing the button) until the door is open past the point of no return (about 25% open). For some reason, closing the garage door with the car in the driveway is no problem, but opening it when in the same place fails more often then it succeeds.

I got updated to 5.12 (1.62.26) when I brought my car in last week. Since then my range has dropped from a pretty consistent 139 miles to 133-134 miles :( Am disappointed since have been spoiled with the increased range after the decreasing range fix a few months ago. Hoping that this is another bug and that my range doesn't keep dropping.

It's been solid for me once I learned the two tricks: Press the homelink button before I get in the driveway, and don't move the car (after pressing the button) until the door is open past the point of no return (about 25% open). For some reason, closing the garage door with the car in the driveway is no problem, but opening it when in the same place fails more often then it succeeds.
Essentially the same experience here. On the last point, my working theory has been that the LOS for an open door is unobstructed.