Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Essentially the same experience here. On the last point, my working theory has been that the LOS for an open door is unobstructed.

Probably a lot depends on the opener and the material of the garage door itself (wood vs. metal). I can easily open my door from way down the street while moving, although I usually hit the button just in time for the curb at the end of my driveway to cause me to miss the button on the touchscreen!

Center Console Glitchiness?

Is anyone else seeing strange center console behavior after upgrading to 5.12 (.26)? I've had a number of strange things: maps freezing, loss of connectivity (but 5 bars showing), console flashing on and off during sleep. A reboot fixed each of these but it worries me that 5.12 isn't stable at all.

I found the center screen flashing a series of solid colors as if going through a diagnostic a couple mornings ago. Rebooted and it was fine. Then while demonstrating the car to a friend yesterday afternoon everything seemed a little laggy so I rebooted again last night. Running .26 and hardly ever use the browser.

thanks rick. The flashing happened again this morning. it would go dark for about a second and then fade in for about a second with the expected image then repeat. I could press buttons on the screen though nothing seemed actually work (like slacker).

I had a weird series of episodes with the center screen (MCU)... Slacker wasnt working ... so I rebooted. Came up and after a few seconds rebooted by itself. ... this process repeated itself 4 more times.

Called Tesla, had me "repopulate" slacker by pressing the "T" (not gonna give my thoughts on this step). System came up and rebooted itself again (to Tesla reps surprise). This time, all was working and did not repeat.

He mentioned Slacker was having issues late last week the was causing problems ...

I've had issues with losing Slacker since the car was updated to 5.12, requiring a reboot to get things working again. When rebooting, the screen will reboot several times thereafter (usually a total of 3 times) before everything is fine. This multiple reboot issue also only started once 5.12 was installed. While a pain, I have not reported it to Tesla as I am expecting 6.0 shortly.

The only thing I've noticed is that when I re-boot (pressing the two scroll wheels), it will, after a few seconds, cause the dash to go dark and re-boot too. The dash will come back first, then the center screen. That's new for me.

I've noticed that too on the couple of reboots I've done on 5.12

One of those reboots was after crossing the border back into the US from Canada. 3G did not reconnect to AT&T -- so I rebooted once I arrived at Burlington WA to charge...

629f2ee4a8fbbff620d66315357d308a.jpg

Anyone noticed the change in the rated line? It was at the 200kw/h for both the 60 and the 85. I talked about this in a previous thread when I had v5.9, because it didn't make sense.

On 5.9 (where I am still), the rated line is at 188 Wh/km. The line in your picture looks pretty close to 188 - it's below 200 anyway. The best way to check the rated Wh/km is to get your actual consumption line (the dotted line) to land one pixel below the rated line, right on top of it and one pixel above. Last time I tried this, I got 187, 188 and 189 Wh/km.

I got updated to 5.12 (1.62.26) when I brought my car in last week. Since then my range has dropped from a pretty consistent 139 miles to 133-134 miles :( Am disappointed since have been spoiled with the increased range after the decreasing range fix a few months ago. Hoping that this is another bug and that my range doesn't keep dropping.

I have the same problem. My range suddenly dropped by 4-5 miles after the update to 5.12(26). I also have the 40.

They must have messed with the % charged calculation again!

Interesting thing was that it charged to 139 first time after update, 137 second, and 135 third. Subsequent charges did not go higher than 135.

I have the same problem. My range suddenly dropped by 4-5 miles after the update to 5.12(26). I also have the 40.

They must have messed with the % charged calculation again!

Interesting thing was that it charged to 139 first time after update, 137 second, and 135 third. Subsequent charges did not go higher than 135.

I wonder if it's just the 40s that are noticing this. Today I got 136 but appears to be the max since it's above the max charge line.

photo (32).JPG

I've had issues with losing Slacker since the car was updated to 5.12, requiring a reboot to get things working again. When rebooting, the screen will reboot several times thereafter (usually a total of 3 times) before everything is fine. This multiple reboot issue also only started once 5.12 was installed. While a pain, I have not reported it to Tesla as I am expecting 6.0 shortly.

To be clear, that's not what I've been seeing. The screen would go on flashing forever if I let it. Definitely NOT multiple reboots.

sounds like you charge before the upgrade. That happened to me when moving to 4.9. As you know they used to let us charge to 72% of capacity but they've since dropped it to 66%

I didn't know that. The range is still plenty for me but not a good feeling when the range shows a decrease after all these months. Guess it could be worse and be in the mid-120s like before :)