Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the same 5.12 (.39) this morning updated from 5.12 (not sure the minor version). The only thing I noticed with the previous version was occasional scroll wheel lag and centre console lag. Sometimes up to 10 seconds of not being able to interact while the processing catches up. I assume memory leaks and poor processing. I'm hoping that this version reduces the memory issues (if that is in fact what the issues are)

I received the same 5.12 (.39) this morning updated from 5.12 (not sure the minor version). The only thing I noticed with the previous version was occasional scroll wheel lag and centre console lag. Sometimes up to 10 seconds of not being able to interact while the processing catches up. I assume memory leaks and poor processing. I'm hoping that this version reduces the memory issues (if that is in fact what the issues are)

I'm assuming this is the same update my car got today too.

I got the 5.12 push today as well.

I think this is actually a good sign, since before a major change like 6.0 rollouts, all cars should be on a solid 5.x update.

That way people who don't want some aspect of 6.0 (don't like the UI changes, web browser does not work unless there is a passenger while driving, whateven they might change) people can refuse the update and stay on the last "good" version.

I got the 5.12 push today as well.

I think this is actually a good sign, since before a major change like 6.0 rollouts, all cars should be on a solid 5.x update.

That way people who don't want some aspect of 6.0 (don't like the UI changes, web browser does not work unless there is a passenger while driving, whateven they might change) people can refuse the update and stay on the last "good" version.
same version OTA for me today. I was on an earlier version of 5.12. I made myself late for work because I decided to install before leaving - just in case it was something more exciting. Sucker! I thought it might have been due to my doing a couple of restarts yesterday but it seems fairly planned.

Is there a way now to tell which version had been downloaded before accepting the update? I'm asking because I'm new to version 5.x and you couldn't do this on 4.x.