Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car back today with 5.9 from the SC. For some reason whenever I get out of the car it sounds like the air suspension pump runs really loud for a few seconds. Has anyone else noticed this? I seem to recall someone else mentioned it but its a lot of posts to search through.

I've noticed as well. I'm guessing the car is leveling out after losing all that weight when you get out of the car. Maybe before 5.9, it never auto-leveled if the car was off?

I got my car back today with 5.9 from the SC. For some reason whenever I get out of the car it sounds like the air suspension pump runs really loud for a few seconds. Has anyone else noticed this? I seem to recall someone else mentioned it but its a lot of posts to search through.

Those who have seen this: what are your suspension settings? Just curious. Did you set to auto lower? What speed? Always?

Those who have seen this: what are your suspension settings? Just curious. Did you set to auto lower? What speed? Always?

I'm set to Auto-Lower at 60 mph (basically restoring the setting back to the original pre-5.8 behavior). That said, by the time I'm stopped and getting out of the car, I'm pretty sure the car has already returned to standard height.

Also, the noise is kinda scary like something is broken, far from anything that can be considered normal! Does anyone know if it makes the same noise if you change the suspension level from the console? I have never noticed because I am always in with closed windows while doing that.

Have the same issue, although I drive in "Always Low" when I park and leave the car the air suspension lowers the car just a bit lower than. My theory is that Low for driving is not the lowest level...

I don't have 5.9 yet, but have recently noticed my car adjusting the height up a bit after getting in and starting up. I have a piece of cardboard in my garage that I "touch" with the nose when I park, so it is noticeable seeing the car rise a bit the next morning. I don't recall this happening before. I also find my brake pedal is losing the vacuum assist (very hard to press) now when sitting for just a few hours. Used to be days before I'd see that.

Just got 5.9. Car definitely lowers after shutdown/exit. I'm set at standard with auto lowering set for 55mph.

90% charge (P85,Pack A, 10k miles) now gives 232 rated miles. Up from 224.

I haven't driven enough to confirm this but it seems as though I'm achieving rated range at a significantly higher Wh/mi. Is this possible? Could they have changed what they consider "rated Wh/mi?" The line on the energy graph still falls at the same place.

Just got 5.9. Car definitely lowers after shutdown/exit. I'm set at standard with auto lowering set for 55mph.

90% charge (P85,Pack A, 10k miles) now gives 232 rated miles. Up from 224.

I haven't driven enough to confirm this but it seems as though I'm achieving rated range at a significantly higher Wh/mi. Is this possible? Could they have changed what they consider "rated Wh/mi?" The line on the energy graph still falls at the same place.

Can you provide the specific version number, and can those who already had 5.9 indicate theirs? The 5.9 rollout had been halted--if you just received it OTA, then they've started it again, presumably with a new build and the nav rebooting issue resolved. But we need some specific version numbers to know for sure.

Can you provide the specific version number, and can those who already had 5.9 indicate theirs? The 5.9 rollout had been halted--if you just received it OTA, then they've started it again, presumably with a new build and the nav rebooting issue resolved. But we need some specific version numbers to know for sure.

I just got 5.9 from service in Mississauga yesterday and my version number is 1.51.88.

5.9 seems to have lowered the max charge on 40 Kwh cars to 68% per VisibleTesla. I've since loooked at the car and it appears to be the same. I'm fairly certain it was 72% before although the rated range is now up around 136/137 instead of the 126 I was getting with 5.8.x. I've also noticed the car seems to wake up from sleep much faster but it may also be that it's just not in as deep a sleep. I'll have to monitor the vampire loss.

Yes, this is the second time that number has changed for me. With 5.8 it dropped from 305 to 280. With 5.9 it is back up to 297.

Yes, this is the second time that number has changed for me. With 5.8 it dropped from 305 to 280. With 5.9 it is back up to 297.
The theory was that this was done to be able to hide "reserve" below zero. But increasing the value is interesting. Because if the car shows more rated range and higher Wh/mile... that means that the total # of kWh available from fully charged to the car showing 0 has increased. Which would mean that they are either running the batteries down lower or they have lowered the "magic reserve" below 0...
Interesting.