Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably because the GPS is seeing your car in slightly different places each time. The should put a 1/2 mile radius around that so that if you've said "no" within a half mile, it doesn't ask again.

I got this same message five straight days in my garage, and even after I hadn't moved the car at all from the last time I dismissed the message. The only way I was able to get rid of this message was to accept some location as home (I randomly picked a location nowhere near my home). BTW, this was the only bug I've experienced in 5.9.

This has not been my experience. It appears to me to be completely grade dependent. I have tried pressing hard and light on a steep hill and both resulted in setting the hill hold. I have also tried both on a slight grade and no hill hold.

I think Kraken summarized that on a steep hill it is absolute - always there. For myself medium hills are ambiguous. It seems that a harder press on the brakes helps but what definitely works is two presses on the brakes. If I release the brake and it starts to roll back, then I brake, the result is always hill hold. I'm going to ask service to see what if any of this is supported behavior and what is just an issue with my car.

I have no idea if this is new with 5.9... may have pre-existed and I just did not detect.
With regard to FLAC music I have on a USB drive:
* Despite the fact that all of the tracks are tagged accurately (verified on my mac), when I browse the device in media screen, it must be using its own sources to look everything up and determine artist and album. Some things it finds right, some things it cannot find at all. What's weird is it finds album, track name, art, etc for Turn It Over by Tony Williams Lifetime (totally obscure), yet cannot place a Rolling Stones song from Exile on Main St.
* As a result, if I browse by song, everything shows up (tho often without album or artist), but if I browse by artist or album, a bunch of content not there
* It is definitely looking up its own album art. Which it sometimes finds, sometimes not. Reason I can tell is that the art that shows up is often different version than the art I have associated (tagged) to the track.

Yikes, this is a mess! Anyone else experiencing this? I think I've seen similar in posts, but since this thread is 90% release anxiety posts vs. feature discussion it's so hard to wade through and find.

I have no idea if this is new with 5.9... may have pre-existed and I just did not detect.
* Despite the fact that all of the tracks are tagged accurately (verified on my mac), when I browse the device in media screen, it must be using its own sources to look everything up and determine artist and album. Some things it finds right, some things it cannot find at all. What's weird is it finds album, track name, art, etc for Turn It Over by Tony Williams Lifetime (totally obscure), yet cannot place a Rolling Stones song from Exile on Main St.
* As a result, if I browse by song, everything shows up (tho often without album or artist), but if I browse by artist or album, a bunch of content not there
* It is definitely looking up its own album art. Which it sometimes finds, sometimes not. Reason I can tell is that the art that shows up is often different version than the art I have associated (tagged) to the track.

Yikes, this is a mess! Anyone else experiencing this? I think I've seen similar in posts, but since this thread is 90% release anxiety posts vs. feature discussion it's so hard to wade through and find.

While this is disappointing, I've found FLAC tags are notoriously fickle creatures. Playing them on my PC usually brings up the album art correctly but every so often I encounter one that just won't show art, regardless of how it's tagged.

It has always been like that. At least yours didn't seem to mark 90% of your "favourites" as unknown and remove them from "favourites", not even looking for album art, and not showing the time bar when playing a song.

Strangely, not the whole discussion. Posts 697, 698, 701, and 702 also are from this discussion.

Those posts talk about 5.9 and the bug with it repeatedly asking you if you want to set Home when you didn't want to. While you may have declined to set it for the same reason, those posst are about a bug in 5.9 and doesn't raise security issues so think it is fine in this thread as well.

Got 5.9 yesterday. browser never ask me for location optin permission when I go to googlemaps or yahoomaps. teslaweather.com picks up the wrong location (Palo Alto instead of Seattle suburb where I am) Seems like GeoLocation isn't working for me. BTW, I have no tech package. Anyone else without tech package encounter this?

Last edited:
Got 5.9 yesterday. browser never ask me for location optin permission when I go to googlemaps or yahoomaps. teslaweather.com picks up the wrong location (Palo Alto instead of Seattle suburb where I am) Seems like GeoLocation isn't working for me. BTW, I have no tech package. Anyone else without tech package encounter this?

I also do not have the tech package, but geo location is working for me on 5.9. I believe someone upthread posted that the geo location only works on certain websites...I've only tested mine on the Plugshare site (model s version), I'll have to try google maps and see if it works!

Hi
With regards to the different behavior with hill hold
My guess is they are using the breake light sensor to detect when to activate it
On old cars the breake light is controlled by a small switch that is mounted on the breake pedal
Some time it need to be adjusted for when it activated
So if this switch on some cars need a slightly more pressure to activate that others
This could explain way some need to press harder to activate hill hold than others
If this it the case a simple adjustment to the switch is all that is needed

I think I saw this mentioned before, just got 5.9 and have the auto lowering set to come on at 55. I now notice that every time I exit the vehicle the suspension seems to lower on its own. Why when you are driving under the limit set and the car is in standard does it lower when you get out of the vehicle?

I think I saw this mentioned before, just got 5.9 and have the auto lowering set to come on at 55. I now notice that every time I exit the vehicle the suspension seems to lower on its own. Why when you are driving under the limit set and the car is in standard does it lower when you get out of the vehicle?

This may not be auto lowering but the suspension is self leveling once the occupants leave the car.

I also do not have the tech package, but geo location is working for me on 5.9. I believe someone upthread posted that the geo location only works on certain websites...I've only tested mine on the Plugshare site (model s version), I'll have to try google maps and see if it works!

Just tested this. Plugshare works, google/yahoo/mapquest/waze all don't work but they work on my smartphone's browser :(

Just tested this. Plugshare works, google/yahoo/mapquest/waze all don't work but they work on my smartphone's browser :(
Plugshare rep said in another thread they made a site to specifically work with the Tesla browser. Note that when you type in Plugshare.com it redirects to tesla.plugshare.com. This site has different search capability, for example you can filter for hotel locations only.