Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to sound very cynical, but IMO - earlier cars get a different "build" of the software, due to earlier/different hardware parts in the car. There's a finite number of these cars, so they form an ever-shrinking minority fraction of the entire fleet, and so they're de-prioritised. The newer cars currently in production, which form the modern platform on which the software is built, will always see their updates released first, since it can improve the experience of the maximum number of customers the quickest. This situation will never get better. Owners at the back of the line are the ones with the earlier components. Their builds will be released eventually once the software team is able to carry out the necessary unique work. Sucks to be the early adopter that supported the company through the difficult times, huh?

Absolute balderdash. Complete horsepuckey. Just take a moment and look at the signatures of the people who have reported receiving. It is all over the map. There's no prioritization of newer vs. older. Or one config vs. another. Or wifi vs 3g. None. And, there are not different builds either. I do admire your ability for dreaming up a conspiracy theory that will probably generate more posts than my factual response, though.

Guys, please give up. It is just random. Is it being random really so unlikely?

58d38fcd1fd4173b0028a11d06beb247.jpg

Has anyone with 6.0 and the new iOS app upgraded to iOS 8.0 today? Have you noticed any new features (like touchID) enabled in the app once the underlying iOS upgraded?

BTW, one feature of iOS 8.0 is the ability to have app-specific passwords and links to touchID - see Apple to Require App-Specific Passwords For Third-Party Apps Accessing iCloud - Mac Rumors for more details.

I think this might reassure folks that their Tesla app could be locked down to prevent someone from using the app to turn on and steal the car.

6.0 gave me one of the items I've been waiting for.. GPS located air suspension for curbs etc. (GEO fencing)

Now if 7.0 will add (among other things) at selectable GEO fenced locations, close my sunroof, raising all of my windows, turning off the air/heat, and, know at home to also open my garage door!! once placed in park, opening my charge port, place my seat in a position for getting out of the car. ........... then THAT ...... WOULD BE AN UPDATE!!:cool:

Last edited:
Received and installed 6.0 last night. This time my name came up in the random ordering of the roll-out much faster than last time.

The timing was excellent, because I needed to do a 1 hr drive through traffic to Pasadena for a doctor's appointment, and Google maps showed a freeway blockage in-route. As I approached the blockage, the GPS lady with her new smarts directed me off the freeway and onto a funky detour whose route I had never used before. As I drove the detour I was watching the appointment time vs the predicted arrival time. The dynamic feature of the new algorithm was evident, as she decided to shorten the detour. I arrived at the doctor's office at precisely the predicted time.

Does the new GPS support alternate routes as well as traffic-based routes?

I also like the new energy savings options.

But do we know that it can't be supplied by the service center manual load?

Again my Navigation dash maps look different... Is this also the case for folks who have received 6.0 OTA, but not yet received map data updates?
My Google map display on the center screen looked different when 6.0 OTA update was installed. I received the Navigon maps update OTA two days later.