Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure you don't have .136?

Perhaps a photo, like the one here, would help: Firmware 6.2 - Page 56

It's coded to check for 2.4 build prefix for 6.2 firmware updates, if you really have build 101.36.2 that would be really strange.

I can confirm that 101.36.1 is a valid build number for 6.2. Perhaps a new code branch but its brand new, I think its the latest being pushed starting early today. I've seen it on another car (Classic S85 Tech/No auto pilot) today first hand (go it this morning). No photo unfortunately.

The P85Ds with full autopilot at the unveiling in LA were running 101.10.12.

98cdf69025993e98a8a89928341ba5bc.jpg

The P85Ds with full autopilot at the unveiling in LA were running 101.10.12.
And note that this is 6.0.
WTF are they smoking at Tesla? (and in case the language police gets mad at me, I am a member of the World Tae Kwon Do Federation and yes, that really is WTF...)

- - - Updated - - -

So it seems that they had a 2.x source base and a 101.x source base and they now merged them? That still makes no sense whatsoever.

And note that this is 6.0.
WTF are they smoking at Tesla? (and in case the language police gets mad at me, I am a member of the World Tae Kwon Do Federation and yes, that really is WTF...)

- - - Updated - - -

So it seems that they had a 2.x source base and a 101.x source base and they now merged them? That still makes no sense whatsoever.
Don't even try to get into the heads of developers and their numbering schemes. I haven't been on a single client site that has the same method, let alone stick to it at the same site from release to release! LOL

It's coded to check for 2.4 build prefix for 6.2 firmware updates, if you really have build 101.36.2 that would be really strange.

Here is some background that might help. I got 2.4.153 on 14th. it failed to install (i lost all my driver profiles and the auto lower setting was reset to 100), so i contacted tesla (cried, begged, pulled hair) and asked them to push another version. 15th got a call and was told new version was pushed. I checked and indeed, I installed and it was 2.4.153 this time did not fail to install. The driver profiles did not come back.

Forgot to mention i had emailed support and also contacted service. Possibly there were 2 groups looking into my issue. Now on 16th got the below version. It seems like they might have sent a patch specially for my car.

I dont see any difference in release notes from the below version vs 2.4.153
firmware_version.jpg

PS: this new version did not bring the driver profiles either.

I can confirm that 101.36.1 is a valid build number for 6.2. Perhaps a new code branch but its brand new, I think its the latest being pushed starting early today. I've seen it on another car (Classic S85 Tech/No auto pilot) today first hand (go it this morning). No photo unfortunately.

This can't be right ;-). What I mean is, I had 136 pushed a few days ago, and just got another notification this afternoon. If it's the latest new one, that means I'm getting it ON THE FIRST DAY!!! This breaks all my previous patterns by, like, months (has felt like it anyway). It's installing now, so will update this when I find out what it is [EDIT: yup, 101.36.2 -- @Kalud - not .1]. Suddenly an install is really exciting again! (-ish) :)

Last edited:
Three days ago, I received 6.2 (2.4.153) over the air.

Yesterday I received an update over the air, and programmed it to start in the middle of the night.

This morning, an update was waiting for install--either the overnight update failed to start installing or failed the install. In either case, this morning's update worked. My Tesla now is running 6.2 (101.36.2).

Ok, I've updated the tool for people who PMd me with this oddball build number. The web app also will allow you to select this build number for anyone else who gets it.

It just messes up the reporting where I assumed all 6.2 builds would start with 2.4 has seemed to be the convention. Nice going, Tesla! :rolleyes:
They did something almost as odd in the middle of 6.0 when we suddenly switched the major version digit from 1 to 2

Have any autopilot cars received 101.36.2? I'd be willing to bet it contains the autopilot code but is disabled.
In the tool it's ONLY non-AP cars...
Of all the theories so far what seems most plausible is that this is a different branch with a fundamental change in the code base that they apparently tracked in parallel to the main branch for a while (at least since 6.0).
Could be the AP code.
Or (here's hoping), could be the SDK / API for in car apps...
Elon will announce a new product on the 30th which is not a car. How about an App Store?

Ok stupid question, what's the difference between OTA and 3G? I've reported "OTA" since the Wifi where I park is next to useless, my updates will always come OTA on the car's 3G... so, I remain confused.

Just looking at the reports this morning, all the 101's reported have so far been on VIN #'s only in the 0's, 10's, and 20's. Inquiring minds want to know. :)