Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 poll to say when you got it

On which model have you received the 6.2 firmware update?

• Classic Model S

Votes: 98 37.7%
  • Auto-pilot model S

Votes: 57 21.9%
  • Dual-drive (non perf)

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • P85D

Votes: 84 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't do any driving this weekend (always a sign of a weekend well spent!) and came down to find my car asking to pick an install time. S85 w/autopilot hardware.

Debated going to the garage earlier in the weekend to see if I had it, but I've never been this early in one of the waves before.

I don't think MarcG qualifies as one of the black hole car owners, considering he was the first person here to take delivery. (Still happy to see him get his Next Gen seats! :) )

Correct! First P85D delivery on TMC != black hole :biggrin:

Anyway, I'll ask for 6.2 at the SC tomorrow morning and see what they say. Will keep you all posted, as usual.

UPDATE: never mind, I just got the update notification on my iPhone 1/2 hr ago (4:15pm PDT) and confirmed in-car to start tonight.

Last edited:
Installed on p85d, wiki as well as poll updated. Unsurprising that many prefer two clicks to editing wiki page, though hopefully more will if we keep reminding. It's good to collect data
Unsurprising indeed. Right now we have reached a 4:1 ratio. 39 responses to the poll, 10 entries in the wiki.
Everyone is on the same software release version (2.4.124).
I don't think we have enough data to make any firm statements but so far, based on what's in the wiki
- no classic Model S (pre Autopilot) appear to have received 6.2
- other than that all over the place (S85/P85/P85+/P85D)
- lowest VIN that reports an update is in the mid 55000 range (I guess that's closely correlated with the whole "no classic Model S")

Installed on p85d, wiki as well as poll updated.

Same here, with the difference that I only --started-- the update, so wound up entering the same version number as everyone else in the wiki, and will change it later if for some reason it turns out to be different. But I had already voted and didn't want dirkhh to see an additional poll vote without the wiki entry, so I had to fudge the wiki entry.

Same here, with the difference that I only --started-- the update, so wound up entering the same version number as everyone else in the wiki, and will change it later if for some reason it turns out to be different. But I had already voted and didn't want dirkhh to see an additional poll vote without the wiki entry, so I had to fudge the wiki entry.
That's fine, a few people that I contacted in PM who had entered "6.2 - ???" had entered data into the wiki as the update started.
It would be great if people could update their entries once they have a chance. I'll try to politely nag people tomorrow :)

85D owner. Vin 70XXX. Mid March delivery.
Got update available notification at about midnight PDT, 3 AM local time. Vehicle is at the service center but sitting in the parking lot and no one has looked at it yet. So guessing it's not a pull from the technicians.

Quick update on upgrade statistics

We have 30 entries in the wiki, 83 responses here... so our ratio is improving.

If you have responded here but haven't entered your car in the Firmware Upgrade Tracker - if you are worried about editing the wiki, just PM me and I'll be happy to edit it for you.
Especially - the wiki shows no "classic" Model S have received 6.2 (but we have 4 such responses here).

Lowest VIN with update in the wiki is 466xx
All autopilot models appear to be represented: S60 / S85 / P85 / P85+ / 85D / P85D
So far everyone has received the same software release version 2.4.124

Definitely appears now to be priority roll-out to autopilot cars. Given the majority of VINs are lower than 466xxx, it appears the classic Model S owners are not getting any love.

We have 30 entries in the wiki, 83 responses here... so our ratio is improving.

If you have responded here but haven't entered your car in the Firmware Upgrade Tracker - if you are worried about editing the wiki, just PM me and I'll be happy to edit it for you.
Especially - the wiki shows no "classic" Model S have received 6.2 (but we have 4 such responses here).

Lowest VIN with update in the wiki is 466xx
All autopilot models appear to be represented: S60 / S85 / P85 / P85+ / 85D / P85D
So far everyone has received the same software release version 2.4.124

As we discussed in the wiki page, I've now created a simple web app to build on what dirkhh did started there.

This app can capture any number of firmware upgrades across all models and future firmware releases. I've attempted to make it as general and extensible as possible to accommodate any changes in future cars/models/firmware releases, etc.

I've already loaded up all the 6.2 updates listed in the Wiki and generated some initial reports, you can view here: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

To get started for anyone else who wants to add data to this, please go here: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

If you've already posted a 6.2 update on the wiki, your data is already entered.

This is very much a beta version app (but it works), so please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvement.

thanks