Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the latest firmware, my scheduled charging has been behaving strangely. Every time it starts to charge I first get a message that says "Charging Interrupted", followed by the usual "Charging started" and "Charging complete" messages. The first time I thought it was a fluke, but it has done it every time since the new release. Anyone else?

I'm going to try the old reboot trick today and see if that changes anything.

Got it last night too for first time. Happen's exactly at Charging start time.

These two pict are vent open. One open vent from closed. Second, open pano and then set to vent. No diff for me. Opening still small

cfda0d4b139983a173a1e3dd145e39e4.jpg
6a4a7336dcba2ea8189775a3f08b14e7.jpg

My car is hundreds of miles away at the Denver service center getting a new power switch, new contactors, and its 3rd drive unit, but my iPhone app alerted me that a new software update was available.

The car just recently got .21 firmware so I'm not sure why I'd have gotten this notice. Is there something more recent than .21 already?

My car is hundreds of miles away at the Denver service center getting a new power switch, new contactors, and its 3rd drive unit, but my iPhone app alerted me that a new software update was available.

The car just recently got .21 firmware so I'm not sure why I'd have gotten this notice. Is there something more recent than .21 already?

They're probably just refreshing the firmware on your car as is standard when replacing some components.

Maybe pop VisibleTesla open and see what version it shows.

IMO what was implemented last year was 1/2 hill hold. It wouldn't let you drift in the direction of travel, but would let you drift in the opposite direction. Now it doesn't let me drift in either direction.

Huh? How could you "drift" uphill? If anything, it held you from rolling in the opposite direction of travel. If I am stopped going up an incline, it keeps me from going backwards.

Huh? How could you "drift" uphill? If anything, it held you from rolling in the opposite direction of travel. If I am stopped going up an incline, it keeps me from going backwards.

If you are going forwards down a hill, and hit the brakes, does it prevent you from rolling forwards when you release the brakes?
Mine never did when hill assist was released. Haven't had a chance to test it after this recent update.

If you are going forwards down a hill, and hit the brakes, does it prevent you from rolling forwards when you release the brakes?
Mine never did when hill assist was released. Haven't had a chance to test it after this recent update.

No. The hill assist holds the car against the direction of travel for 1 or 2 seconds. In other words, if the car is in 'D', it will hold if gravity would drift the car backwards. If the car is in 'R', it will hold if gravity would act to drift the car forward. It does not hold in the direction of travel; forward when in 'D' and backward when in 'R'. It's not perfect. On some shallow inclines, it fails to hold, but then again, the car doesn't begin to move quickly when the incline is shallow. I suspect there is a level sensor in the car somewhere which assesses the incline (direction and angle) to control the hill assist function.

No. The hill assist holds the car against the direction of travel for 1 or 2 seconds. In other words, if the car is in 'D', it will hold if gravity would drift the car backwards. If the car is in 'R', it will hold if gravity would act to drift the car forward. It does not hold in the direction of travel; forward when in 'D' and backward when in 'R'. It's not perfect. On some shallow inclines, it fails to hold, but then again, the car doesn't begin to move quickly when the incline is shallow. I suspect there is a level sensor in the car somewhere which assesses the incline (direction and angle) to control the hill assist function.

I think the conversation is trying to say that 2.5.21 will now prevent movement (during hill hold) even in the direction of travel.

I posted elsewhere so will be brief. Hill hold now functions - car won't roll when stopped on a hill, no matter direction of travel.

Thanks for the correction.
Makes sense the way you explained it.

Since I ran the security patch I note that every time I plug the car into my HPWC the tripmeter for the battery recharge will reset to zero even if there was no charging done because the state of battery charge exceeded the 50% that I typically set the charge level at for my home. Previous to the patch a reset would only occur if charging was actually initiated. I would prefer to be able to revert to the prior functionality.

Since I ran the security patch I note that every time I plug the car into my HPWC the tripmeter for the battery recharge will reset to zero even if there was no charging done because the state of battery charge exceeded the 50% that I typically set the charge level at for my home. Previous to the patch a reset would only occur if charging was actually initiated. I would prefer to be able to revert to the prior functionality.

+1 - noticed this also.

Yep. That's what I see.