Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tire pressure monitor display is only going to work with the newer TPMS sensor setup. Older VINs aren't going to have this display. (Not sure what the cut point was.)
As far as I can tell that's just pure speculation at this point, nobody seems to actually know that, and several people have indicated that the old TPMS modules did seem to report an actual pressure on the diagnostics screens, so I wouldn't give up on that one yet.

As far as I can tell that's just pure speculation at this point, nobody seems to actually know that, and several people have indicated that the old TPMS modules did seem to report an actual pressure on the diagnostics screens, so I wouldn't give up on that one yet.

I will be *very* surprised if I'm wrong on this. It's happened once or twice in my lifetime. :cool:

I will be *very* surprised if I'm wrong on this. It's happened once or twice in my lifetime. :cool:

i thought I saw a screenshot showing each pressure of each tire in 7.0...

I don't think this has been posted on this thread yet?

screen-shot-2015-08-21-at-6-19-23-pm.png

Last edited:
The tire pressure monitor display is only going to work with the newer TPMS sensor setup. Older VINs aren't going to have this display. (Not sure what the cut point was.)

That's not exactly true. All of mine were replaced with the new sensors this summer. I was told the old ones have been going out frequently recently.

I never make mistakes. I thought I did once but I was wrong...

This chain seems to have moved on from this issue, but for those of us who are very unhappy with the "advances" of 7.0, like losing the digital clock and date and temperature at the bottom of the screen, and the regen arc, lets exercise some peaceful resistance and do something that costs Tesla money and upsets Elon -- use the superchargers as much as we can for local recharging. Hopefully they allow us to retain a "classic mode" display, especially for us pre-autopilot people.

I love my P85, but have become un-enamored with the company over the past year for a variety of reasons (the over-the-top hucksterism and stock manipulation, not allowing pre-autopilot people to have decent Mobileye integration and otherwise violating the promises of Tesla salesmen that they would somehow make it right with us earlier adopters for buying a 21st century car devoid of things like ACC, blindspot detection etc). In the interests of progress and supporting a revolutionary car getting off the ground, I am willing to live with my misaligned frunk hood, showing the seams of a 78 Chevy, but changing my functional interface, thereby decreasing safety, is totally avoidable.

Yes fanboys, I know I am a crybaby not worthy of my MS, blah, blah, blah.... But after spending 100K+, I would have thought that I'd be in for a little better treatment.

This chain seems to have moved on from this issue, but for those of us who are very unhappy with the "advances" of 7.0, like losing the digital clock and date and temperature at the bottom of the screen, and the regen arc, lets exercise some peaceful resistance and do something that costs Tesla money and upsets Elon -- use the superchargers as much as we can for local recharging. Hopefully they allow us to retain a "classic mode" display, especially for us pre-autopilot people.

That isn't "peaceful resistance" that is just spite, and does nothing to even deliver your message.
If you want to have a constructive impact, try sending them a letter, email, or tweet.

Oh, and please wait until you have had some time with it so you know what you are complaining about.

This chain seems to have moved on from this issue, but for those of us who are very unhappy with the "advances" of 7.0, like losing the digital clock and date and temperature at the bottom of the screen, and the regen arc, lets exercise some peaceful resistance and do something that costs Tesla money and upsets Elon -- use the superchargers as much as we can for local recharging.

Wow. You're unhappy with a software update you've never experienced, and your solution is to abuse privileges? You're blaming Tesla for stock manipulation? You're blaming Tesla for not integrating your car with Mobileye for you? You're blaming them for not having certain features on a car you explicitly bought, because they haven't been able to invent everything and change the world overnight?

And you're blaming them even though you bought a car that you knew (or should have known) could be modified through software updates?

Classy.

Perhaps you should sell your car and move on! An ice might be a better fit. I think you might have been spoiled with tesla with all the perks they offer. Notwithstanding, no oil change, free supercharger usage across North America, incredible service, free software upgrade,
it is time for you to experience what most are experiencing daily at your local ice dealer, a static car! What you buy from day one is what you get for the remainder ofvyiurvowbership experience. No better accelaration, no free software update, free travel across the continental USA/can. And so on.

Yes tesla isn't perfect,however they do work hard at making you happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you should sell your car and move on! An ice might be a better fit. I think you might have been spoiled with tesla with all the perks they offer. Notwithstanding, no oil change, free supercharger usage across North America, incredible service, free software upgrade,
it is time for you to experience what most are experiencing daily at your local ice dealer, a static car! What you buy from day one is what you get for the remainder ofvyiurvowbership experience. No better accelaration, no free software update, free travel across the continental USA/can. And so on.

Yes tesla isn't perfect,however they do work hard at making you happy.

this is in response to Brooklynrab post.

It might be there behind the steering wheel. So far, this is the most v6 looking "leak". Hopefully all our favorite bits of v6 is there and, as you said before, they left the same information and simply flattened the UI design (but introduced more skewmorphism with the toy car).

Knock on wood -- hoping this is what's coming up, with all our favorite bits of v6 still present.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why Tesla didn't implement this from the outset. We've seen pics from other non-AP beta testers and their dashes did not preserve the classic dial.

...and this is why I'm still worried.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never gone to look at a new car and decided it was no good because it had the wrong kind of clock, or the clock was in the wrong place.
I have, four times. I was born conservative. :) And I have an appallingly bad sense of time, so clocks are super-important to me.

Updates are cool and all, but I *bought* the car. Based on its state at time of sale. If I'd leased it, I'd expect it to change under me. But I *bought* it, which was a deliberate choice to lock in a particular set of features.

It's really not any one thing. Frankly, what's making me so angry (and "angry" is really the right word) is that I don't have any choice or input into whether the interior functionality of my car is totally overhauled in a direction I find negative.

Now, I get that this is the flipside of "continual OTA improvements." I get that I signed up for that when I bought the car.
I didn't. Actually I was rather careful about what I signed.

I understand that this is the Brave New World and that someday all cars will be subject to change and revision at the whim of the manufacturer and design team.
I don't accept that and it will not happen. I don't even let that happen to my computer: no automatic updates.

...and that's really common, actually. You'd be amazed how many places kept using Windows 3.1 for decades after later versions were released. Businesses stuck with Windows 95 as late as 2005.
Users cling to old Microsoft operating systems - CNET

Fine. It's fine. Except I still would rather not have Tesla fundamentally revised a key part of the car that I bought. It took Tesla's decision to make the UI worse in order for me to understand the negatives of the Brave New World.

It's not really a world I want to live in. Maybe I'm the one who's old.
Well, I'm glad you understand it. It's really an issue of *control*. When I bought the car, Tesla gave up control of the car to me. If they'd wanted to retain control, they could have only rented/leased the cars (remember what GM and Toyota did with the EV1 and first generation RAV4!). Control is a fundamental feature of ownership, and is why ownership is often preferred to renting -- same is true in houses.

That isn't "peaceful resistance" that is just spite, and does nothing to even deliver your message.
If you want to have a constructive impact, try sending them a letter, email, or tweet.

Oh, and please wait until you have had some time with it so you know what you are complaining about.
What if "all" pre-AP cars delayed updating ? Wouldnt that be a nice, collective way of showing our opinion about the new SW ?

Before we start "the protest movement", shouldn't we see what's in the package? This all seems pretty premature to me.
Honestly. The amount of preparation going in to be pissed off is stunning to me. Tesla is going to do the best they can, which will probably be less than stellar. They will recover and respond with 7.1 And I've got a crisp $1 bill that says, with the exception of about 5 people on this board, all will be right in the world again.

Knock on wood -- hoping this is what's coming up, with all our favorite bits of v6 still present.

- - - Updated - - -

...and this is why I'm still worried.

- - - Updated - - -

I have, four times. I was born conservative. :) And I have an appallingly bad sense of time, so clocks are super-important to me.

Updates are cool and all, but I *bought* the car. Based on its state at time of sale. If I'd leased it, I'd expect it to change under me. But I *bought* it, which was a deliberate choice to lock in a particular set of features.

I didn't. Actually I was rather careful about what I signed.

I don't accept that and it will not happen. I don't even let that happen to my computer: no automatic updates.

...and that's really common, actually. You'd be amazed how many places kept using Windows 3.1 for decades after later versions were released. Businesses stuck with Windows 95 as late as 2005.
Users cling to old Microsoft operating systems - CNET

Well, I'm glad you understand it. It's really an issue of *control*. When I bought the car, Tesla gave up control of the car to me. If they'd wanted to retain control, they could have only rented/leased the cars (remember what GM and Toyota did with the EV1 and first generation RAV4!). Control is a fundamental feature of ownership, and is why ownership is often preferred to renting -- same is true in houses.

Since you bought the car maybe you can disable the data modem and not bring the car in for service. Probably your best bet to keep the software from getting updated. It sounds more and more like you want a car that doesn't change at all after purchase to make you happy. The Model S will continually get updated over time. I don't think you'll get to pick and chose which software updates you want over time. Some may be safety related.