Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And remember, it's cooling off in most areas of the northern hemisphere. Without the power meter continuously on display, you won't know when regen is limited because of temperature. It seems as if cold (cool?) soaking the battery even to the mid 50s is enough to limit regen somewhat.

And remember, it's cooling off in most areas of the northern hemisphere. Without the power meter continuously on display, you won't know when regen is limited because of temperature. It seems as if cold (cool?) soaking the battery even to the mid 50s is enough to limit regen somewhat.

When limiting is in effect, the energy app is supposed to automatically become active to show you limiting. Are you experiencing limiting and the app not showing up or not noting that limiting is in effect?

The small power meter for v7 actually shows limited regen (by dash lines) if it is not available due to low temp or fully charge battery.

When limiting is in effect, the energy app is supposed to automatically become active to show you limiting. Are you experiencing limiting and the app not showing up or not noting that limiting is in effect?

The small power meter for v7 actually shows limited regen (by dash lines) if it is not available due to low temp or fully charge battery.

The energy app does show up by default when you have regen limited. But you can replace it, of course, and I think there may be situations in which it winds up replaced by other apps (phone or nav, perhaps), though I am not certain about that. In any case, unlike in the past, it is now possible to be driving with regen limited with no indication of that on the display. I believe that is a bit of an issue.

The energy app does show up by default when you have regen limited. But you can replace it, of course, and I think there may be situations in which it winds up replaced by other apps (phone or nav, perhaps), though I am not certain about that. In any case, unlike in the past, it is now possible to be driving with regen limited with no indication of that on the display. I believe that is a bit of an issue.

I don't disagree with Andy, but if the app shows up noting the limitation and one overrides the display back to whatever they had before (like I always put trips back on the left when Nav pops up automatically), then one has been notified and they chose to ignore it. But yes, a more semi-permanent option like under v6 would be nice.

I don't disagree with Andy, but if the app shows up noting the limitation and one overrides the display back to whatever they had before (like I always put trips back on the left when Nav pops up automatically), then one has been notified and they chose to ignore it. But yes, a more semi-permanent option like under v6 would be nice.

Right.

And again, just to reiterate, while I'm not certain of this, I believe there may be times that the automatically displayed energy app can itself be hidden by a different automatically displayed app. It just seems more "thorough" to always have some visible indication on the display if regen is limited.

The energy app only shows for 10 seconds (exactly; I timed it) when you start the car under those circumstances. Then it goes back to whatever you have set for that slot normally. I think it's a problem, albeit not a huge one.

The energy app only shows for 10 seconds (exactly; I timed it) when you start the car under those circumstances. Then it goes back to whatever you have set for that slot normally. I think it's a problem, albeit not a huge one.

There is the missing piece. Yes, because the first 10 seconds of getting into my car, I'm paying attention to power limitation alerts versus say, putting on my seatbelt. I feel it should be there as long as the alert is active or until the user overrides it.

Really? What if the reduction is small enough just to be perceived?:tongue: v.7.106 regen smoothness has been the most noticeable by some of us. Like GOPJEW reported, the regen is not as aggressive, I now have to use the brake pedal more. In my daily commute, there is a downhill, after v.7, I definitely have to apply more brake.

And another member's experience collaborated and better described here.

image.jpeg

That's the joke.

Well, that would explain why I wasn't certain about the conditions under which it is replaced, and why I didn't realize it stays up for only ten seconds, as I have it up as one of my two selected apps.

I am not sure we are talking about the same energy apps showing the regen limit. I have the energy app always on my left panel, not interested in clock, media, nav, or anything else. So if the regen is limited, I will see the dash line. And I have seen the dash line before when the battery was cold.

Last edited:
RE regen: I'm not using the brakes any more than I was before.

I explained it more fully here, but in short only the mapping is different. You just have to pull your foot back further to achieve the same regen force as pre-7.0.

On another note, today, for the first time in 60k miles and almost 3 years driving the S, I had my main console spontaneously reboot while driving.

This, along with my USB music skipping fairly frequently now where it never did before, has me thinking: time for some bug fixes, Tesla!

Hi all,

Can't find this elsewhere using search, though I'm either going crazy or .77 has stopped the ability to lane change across a solid line. In WA state most of the HOV lanes have solid white line along their edge with the main freeway. I am sure* that I used the able to lane change into/out of the HOV lane using auto-steering previously. Is this new?

thanks, Mike

btw wiki states hand on steering wheel is required to initiate lane change for .77. Not for my tests... Others?

What's new?

Took me a bit to figure it out. I'm guessing the fact that the lights are set to OFF, but the picture shows the lights on?

Yep, sorry, should've pointed it out. Lights are set to off, yet all my lights are on :huh:

I figured out what I did this morning, tried repeating it, and it's repeatable. Get in car, turn off lights (they turn off), open door and step out (releasing the seat sensor) but don't close the door, and the light toggle goes to "auto" from "off" (wtf?) and then if I sit back down [and close the door, though this isn't necessary], and turn them back "off", they don't actually turn off.

This isn't the parking lights, this is full on headlights.

Whatever, not a big bug, but I don't think that was there pre v7

I figured out what I did this morning, tried repeating it, and it's repeatable. Get in car, turn off lights (they turn off), open door and step out (releasing the seat sensor) but don't close the door, and the light toggle goes to "auto" from "off" (wtf?) and then if I sit back down [and close the door, though this isn't necessary], and turn them back "off", they don't actually turn off.
This isn't the parking lights, this is full on headlights.
Whatever, not a big bug, but I don't think that was there pre v7

Does the following make sense? What is your setting on that feature?
From the UM.
Headlights After Exit
When you stop driving and park Model S in low lighting conditions, the exterior lights automatically turn on. They automatically turn off after two minutes or when you lock Model S.
You can turn this feature on and off using the
touchscreen. Touch Controls > Settings >
Vehicle > Headlights After Exit.