Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lost driver assistance features and cruise control again today. Parked in a parking lot, all was well, came back ~10 minutes later and got in to find the error below. So, different from the first time it happened where I was driving at the time it disabled.
Hmmm, I had the failure you're talking about happen a few weeks ago. Shutting the car down, locking it and coming back again a moment later reset everything and it hasn't (yet) recurred. In my case, it all quit without warning just as a semi went by the other way and blasted me with a big buffet of wind and water (dark and raining at the time). My SC hasn't yet responded with their thoughts on the issue.

In very similar conditions a month or so earlier, I had the frunk release in exactly the same driving circumstances. I drove into a wall of wind, alarms on the screen... I quickly pulled over and found that the frunk had in fact released, but the secondary lock had prevented the lid from blowing up and plastering itself across my windshield. SC found nothing of interest in the logs and it hasn't happened again.

When the AP failed it made me wonder if there is anything odd or intermittent in the wiring harness up front that could be to blame. Hopefully the SC will get back to me before too long.

Another unicorn sighting... 2.8.217 - apparently received OTA/Wifi, so not in a service center. Looks to be West Coast US.

My car is in getting its 25k service, winter tires and LTE upgrade. Due to all that work it's in for 2 days and so they installed 2.8.217 and left my car charging (driver's door and frunk open). I know what version via Visible Tesla. Yes I've logged it in the firmware tracker. I'll post details when I pick it up tomorrow after work (if there's anything interesting to post).

My car is in getting its 25k service, winter tires and LTE upgrade. Due to all that work it's in for 2 days and so they installed 2.8.217 and left my car charging (driver's door and frunk open). I know what version via Visible Tesla. Yes I've logged it in the firmware tracker. I'll post details when I pick it up tomorrow after work (if there's anything interesting to post).

Got my car back. Got 2.8.217 for sure. Didn't notice a whole lot of difference. Outside temperature is back on the instrument cluster but gone from the center display. Time is back on the instrument cluster when the car is on. But people have already seen that in the other minor updates. AutoPilot doesn't appear to have any extra nagging or restrictions from using it outside of highways. I did notice that on 2 lane roads with yellow lane dividers setup to indicate where you can pass are now showing as 2 usable lanes where passing is permitted. I don't recall ever noticing it do this before. There are some changes in navigation entry in a block at the top of the release notes, picture below.

One last thing, I noticed that regen is different.

Ok not really, regen is the same, but I had you going there for a second didn't I? :tongue:

IMG_20151117_175315.jpg

Lost driver assistance features and cruise control again today. Parked in a parking lot, all was well, came back ~10 minutes later and got in to find the error below. So, different from the first time it happened where I was driving at the time it disabled.
Check for moisture inside the camera in the windshield when it happens. A norwegian owner had the same problems. The heating element doesn't seem to be doing its job.
ZPyCN6o.png

Got my car back. Got 2.8.217 for sure. Didn't notice a whole lot of difference. Outside temperature is back on the instrument cluster but gone from the center display. Time is back on the instrument cluster when the car is on. But people have already seen that in the other minor updates. AutoPilot doesn't appear to have any extra nagging or restrictions from using it outside of highways. I did notice that on 2 lane roads with yellow lane dividers setup to indicate where you can pass are now showing as 2 usable lanes where passing is permitted. I don't recall ever noticing it do this before. There are some changes in navigation entry in a block at the top of the release notes, picture below.

One last thing, I noticed that regen is different.

Ok not really, regen is the same, but I had you going there for a second didn't I? :tongue:

Got .217 here too. Could only see 1 photo of the notes Ben, so apologies if any of these are dupes

few points noted:
1) offline navigation cannot locate address when number is first, eg 5th Avenue. Bug noted and sent to TM
2) I am likely crazy, though I cannot remember slacker having a reject song button previously. It does now, or I just noticed it
3) Power delivery actually does feel different. More "violent" in Insane mode on p85d at 30mph. I managed to slip wheels. That's a first, though again maybe this is because colder weather with summer tires still on... ;-). VT unfortunately not in at the time (playing with evmote)
4) regen feels different... No, really... ;-) I was just overshooting stop junctions I use every day. Initially thinking they've reduced regen, I tried a few experiments and its either that regen has a much shallower ramp up, or it is being more cognizant of road surface traction. I suspect the former, though others should try.
5) Autosteering was now indicating, in IC visualization, that sidewalk on local roads was additional lane to the right of actual single lane. Was dark, though not usually seeing this and it perturbed me

pics:
searching for 5th ave S, offline search results:
image.jpeg

Slacker ignore/reject song button on bottom right:
image.jpeg

Insane energy use looks about the same (off the chart), though felt more intense. Particularly at 30
image.jpeg

IC Energy chart now syncs, and shows, scale from energy graph in 17"
image.jpeg

Service doesn't keep historical versions, only the latest. Unless they have a laptop somewhere that hasn't been online for months there is no downgrade possibility

While I agree with this, sometimes you get lucky...
Corrections: Courtesy Inspection
- Checked for active faults: No active faults found.(11.4.2015)
- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 6.2(2.5.71).

Note, 11/4 was well after (relatively speaking) 7.0 came out. I explicitly asked not to be upgraded to v7.

While I agree with this, sometimes you get lucky...

Note, 11/4 was well after (relatively speaking) 7.0 came out. I explicitly asked not to be upgraded to v7.

They don't always update the firmware ;) I was there today and they did not. Then again, they squeezed me into an already busy work schedule and ran into additional problems when addressing my original concern. So, kudos to the Charlotte service center team for an excellent job.

Side note, and Cyclone you might find this interesting:

I've confirmed a hunch that autopilot utilizes GPS + onboard map data when determining if it should slow for an upcoming curve, rather than visual data. There is that newly completed section of I-485 near the north-north-east portion of the loop in Charlotte that is not on the onboard maps because it is pretty much brand new.

Well... autopilot didn't behave well. The onboard map (on the IC) was freaking out trying to reroute me all kinds of different ways as I drove down the highway, since the highway isn't on the map. Each time the map had an old road that was kind of close to my position on the actual the road, and a curve was coming up on the non-highway road that it thought I was on, the car would slow pretty quickly from my set point of 72 MPH with no other cars or obstacles in front to slow for the curve it thought was coming up. Overriding with the accelerator pedal and the car behaved normally and followed the actual road.

Got a quick video that I'll edit and post in a bit, and I'll submit an official bug report to Tesla on the issue.

Autopilot needs to adopt the old adage: "If the map and the terrain disagree, trust the terrain." From a high level perspective the car should have easily been able to figure out I was on a road that didn't previously exist.... either that or I was rampaging through old surface streets at 72 MPH and somehow there were lanes to follow the whole time. lol. I think the former is more likely. ;)

Edit: Video posted: Tesla Autopilot Bug (v7.0, 2.7.56) Odd behavior on new highway - YouTube

Last edited:
To add insult to injury in wk's description above, the 17" display does show the new section of I-485, but it draws you over the side streets on it. Meanwhile, Waze has me hit that same spot every time I leave the Supercharger to head north up I-85. It's hilarious seeing the Nav freak out when the car arrow is perfectly within the 17's drawn lines of the highway!