Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USB music is once again advancing while the car is off after this most recent update. The update before had fixed that problem. Can not believe it is not working properly again.
Mine was never fixed, even on the prior update. Prior update did fix the need to re-tune my FM radio station each time I entered the car. New update "unfixed" that.

Are you both talking about the same "prior" release? WIthout release #s, perhaps these were different versions?

I have 2.16.17 now too, but can not tell you what I had before. For a few months prior to 2.16.17, my car would remember exactly what song it was on when I left the car. It would start that song from the beginning of the track as Cyclone has indicated, but it would not advance multiple songs while asleep as it is now doing.

All of these inconsistent streaming issues (restarting song, continue streaming when should be sleeping) are persistent but not consistent. Sometimes they go away with new release, only to appear later. I really think it is a set of conditions that trigger it. New release may clear it for a while, but those conditions or a further release causes recurrence. Obviously Tesla has either a) not solved, or b) not prioritized.

It used to really bug me, until I got my eGolf. That car resets EVERYTHING (current radio station, temperature...) every time you turn it on. Also had same thing with a rental Chrysler 200. Help wanted: automotive software designers. Must understand the concept of 'state'.

Drove TesS today, figured some screenshots might be overdue:

TeslaModelS_2_5_36_InstrumentCluster.png

TeslaModelS_2_5_36_About.png

Y'know, I used to do that on my Trip B meter as well, until I took my car in for its annual service a couple months ago and the tech proactively cleared all the trip meters to supposedly fix performance problems on my MCU. :mad::mad::mad:.
What's worse is that the trip metres are not the problem. That was bad information that was floating around for some time.

I'm in the group with @ohmman that I prefer the new trip meter. I not only have A and B (albeit on 17"), but I have information for this charge and this drive on the instrument cluster. So, with 7.x I have more info than with 6.2.

Also, I used to obsess about lifetime wh/mi. Because my B meter was lifetime, and I reset A each time my lifetime wh/mi incremented or decremented (to see usage between changes), I was far, far to pre-occupied with it. Now that A and B are not in my face (but still available), I just chill and enjoy the drive.

Reactions: ohmman
I'm in the group with @ohmman that I prefer the new trip meter. I not only have A and B (albeit on 17"), but I have information for this charge and this drive on the instrument cluster. So, with 7.x I have more info than with 6.2.

Also, I used to obsess about lifetime wh/mi. Because my B meter was lifetime, and I reset A each time my lifetime wh/mi incremented or decremented (to see usage between changes), I was far, far to pre-occupied with it. Now that A and B are not in my face (but still available), I just chill and enjoy the drive.

The correct answer here is to have different skins for different folks. That way everyone could get close to what they want.

Because you can't lock them so they can't be reset, I left both alone so that if one did get reset, I'd still have the other one.
Good safety. You'd still have those, obviously, with 7.0+ but would have the additional trip. I still think Tesla should give us a permanent "lifetime" stats page. It seems like such an obvious (and simple) thing.

Good safety. You'd still have those, obviously, with 7.0+ but would have the additional trip. I still think Tesla should give us a permanent "lifetime" stats page. It seems like such an obvious (and simple) thing.
Agreed. What I liked about the former placement was when I showed the car the numbers were right there for the viewer to see without having to dig through the menus. (I reckon that over 2500 people have sat in my car).

Reactions: hiroshiy