Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with you. Sometimes, very much so. But.. sometimes I'd be annoyed if it didn't reset - like if I dropped the kids off at school, ran home and got water, then went on a 2 hour trip. I'd be upset that the school portion was lumped in. I think it's hard for the car to know, so I suppose all we can do is use Trip A for the times we want it aggregated, and use the automated trip for the pretty-close-to-majority of times when it works fine.

The other idea would be some kind of selection that says "lump my last trip with this one". But I don't think Tesla's going to prioritize that right now.

Or they could always group when X minutes apart (whatever value, though 15 is probably good) and we can use the Reset button in Settings when we have a scenario like yours. :)

Or they could always group when X minutes apart (whatever value, though 15 is probably good) and we can use the Reset button in Settings when we have a scenario like yours. :)
haha! Yeah, well. A true stop is probably easier to discern than some time period. Plus, I kind of like knowing that driving the kids to school takes less energy than coming home. But I think both of us have good arguments. The question is, what does Elon like?

Reactions: Cyclone
I know it's in all firmware versions, but I'm loving this automatic garage door opening and closing thing!
I don't use the closing because there are too many driveway shuffles, but the opening is very convenient. I'd trade that for the previous layout if given the choice. The opening happens only once per trip, while not being able to glance-and-read the dash happens many times per trip.

I know it's in all firmware versions, but I'm loving this automatic garage door opening and closing thing!

It's sort of a "this is as close to auto-pilot as you're going to get, so enjoy it!!"
Same for me. I figured it was pretty unnecessary but it works well and I've come to find it very convenient.

I do wait to see that the door closes fully before leaving because I have lots of forest critters that I don't want in my garage, ranging from chipmunks to bears. Took me years to get rid of all the deer mice once they got established in the garage and attic. I don't dare park outside overnight because the deer mice and pack rats colonize my car! Yes, pack rats:

14964897993_13680f4af8.jpg

I measured a vampire loss of 8 RM in 24 hours, as discussed by some others in the main 7.1 thread. Don't know if that's what it was before 2.16.17 but it does seem a bit high.

Subtle annoying bug and possible workaround.

I've not seen this reported in my search of the forums, but apologies if it has been reported and I've simply missed it. For several firmware revisions, my car has forgotten my media selection overnight, presumably when the car charged.

The functions on the right scroll wheel are arranged with a default and the other functions in a list you an select as the default. The idea is that a favorite function (sunroof, fan speed, media source,...) operates by simply rolling the wheel. I had this set to control the media selection - just move the wheel to select a new media source. I was wondering if the charge cycle performed a "soft reset" of sorts, and reinitialize a pointer related to the scroll wheel. So, as an experiment, I set the scroll wheel default to control the sunroof - just rolling the wheel operated the roof. For several days and charge cycles, the car has remembered my media choice. I'm not sure this has been reported, and it may help those with various media player issues.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
Perhaps this isn't the right thread but...
As posted before, I still am on FW6.2. I asked Tesla to not update my car, they complied without issue. One punishment for being a FW6.2 user is that I must be nagged every day to update.

Today that appeared to change. I didn't get a nag to update. Not only that, the "update waiting" icon has disappeared. Is it possible that my secret wish to not have to be nagged to update everyday has somehow been granted? Perhaps my car is just downloading the latest update and will return to nagging me in the future.. we'll see.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Today that appeared to change. I didn't get a nag to update. Not only that, the "update waiting" icon has disappeared. Is it possible that my secret wish to not have to be nagged to update everyday has somehow been granted? Perhaps my car is just downloading the latest update and will return to nagging me in the future.. we'll see.
Perhaps you've reached the point where the car can no longer be upgraded from 6.2 to the current FW version OTA. I doubt it, but it's a long shot possibility.

Well that didn't take long. I went to lunch and the nag screen has returned and has the update icon. First time I have ever noticed this. It must temporarily disable the update option while it is actively downloading the latest update.

Anyone else notice the "Performance mode" drop down selector on the about screen (push the "T" at the top of the screen).

I have my car's name set to "42", after a firmware update a day or two ago I now see the performance mode drop down. I assume its an easter egg but I'd like to know if it actually does something.

Anyone else notice the "Performance mode" drop down selector on the about screen (push the "T" at the top of the screen).

I have my car's name set to "42", after a firmware update a day or two ago I now see the performance mode drop down. I assume its an easter egg but I'd like to know if it actually does something.

That should only be activated when holding the "T" and keying in "performance" as the access code. Perhaps a glitch has caused it to stay on for you? There is a thread on that and it's been discussed on the Facebook groups. It's basically there for test drives. That way, a P90D could behave as a 90D or 70D, or a 90D could behave as a 70D or 70 (RWD). However, there is debate whether its just a mental trick or it really makes a difference.

That should only be activated when holding the "T" and keying in "performance" as the access code. Perhaps a glitch has caused it to stay on for you? There is a thread on that and it's been discussed on the Facebook groups. It's basically there for test drives. That way, a P90D could behave as a 90D or 70D, or a 90D could behave as a 70D or 70 (RWD). However, there is debate whether its just a mental trick or it really makes a difference.

The options I have are 70, 90, and Max Performance. When I set it, it doesn't remember the setting.

There's obviously no interest by Tesla in fixing 3-year-old media-player bugs to get things up to the standard of software from the early 1990s. :p Let alone to fix the *new* and dangerous display bugs introduced in recent software versions.

Well, they can get away with it. For now.