Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Pearl White MS so I know what people are saying about the brightness at night. While I do think the contrast isn't great, I haven't seen the issues that some post here - I don't know if the IC build matters or not, and my eyes are far from great but I don't ever have daytime issues with visibility.

In the end, none of this is a huge deal to me. I'd strongly prefer the range bar back in the center. I can live with it where it is, though. I really don't look at it that much, even on road trips. However, it sounds like the contrast issue has some level of danger, depending on the display/owner. That should be addressed.

I have a Pearl White MS so I know what people are saying about the brightness at night. While I do think the contrast isn't great, I haven't seen the issues that some post here - I don't know if the IC build matters or not, and my eyes are far from great but I don't ever have daytime issues with visibility.

However, it sounds like the contrast issue has some level of danger, depending on the display/owner. That should be addressed.

Yes please!
BJpZhJV.jpg

Just got 2.12.45 on my classic S85. Doesn't look like many other have yet. It's installing now. I'll get pics if anything has changed in the UI/Release notes.

- - - Updated - - -

No noticeable change from what I see. The battery and OD are still in the same place. A boy can dream....
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I want the battery icon back on the center screen, instead of the useless lightning symbol. The small battery indicator on the instrument cluster is often blocked by the steering wheel when I take a glance from the rear of the car to check if it has charged ok

Last edited:
Really! And bugs like the audio not staying muted when the car is asleep and then when on an album on USB, the car ends up on the last song which then starts over every time the car wakes up. This bug has been around so long and has not been fixed.

I don't recall seeing saving creep setting to driver profile in any customer feature requests top 10 lists, must have really annoyed a VIP.

I remember creep not being linked to driver profile coming up a few times in threads over the years. Does have some safety implications if the car behaves in a different way than expected (last driver changed your creep setting). A good change, but a minor one. Still holding out hope they will start fixing other long-standing issues.

Well, all good things must come to an unfortunate end.

Tomorrow I take my car in for annual service and LTE upgrade. Even though I begged and pleaded to leave it on 6.2, I really don't think they'll be able to honor my request.

So for you, Firmware version 6.2, I remove my hat, bow my head and say a very sad goodbye. I hope to see you sometime down the road,in a better place, where we shall meet up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, all good things must come to an unfortunate end.

Tomorrow I take my car in for annual service and LTE upgrade. Even though I begged and pleaded to leave it on 6.2, I really don't think they'll be able to honor my request.

So for you, Firmware version 6.2, I remove my hat, bow my head and say a very sad goodbye. I hope to see you sometime down the road,in a better place, where we shall meet up again.

I am still on 6.2 but was just talking to a sales team member about upgrading from my 2013 S85 to a new model S 90D. Hopefully I will be able to afford an upgrade with my trade in and will continue to be a happy camper. I was just told that the $1,200 referral credit can be used by me, by referring myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still on 6.2 but was just talking to a sales team member about upgrading from my 2013 S85 to a new model S 90D. Hopefully I will be able to afford an upgrade with my trade in and will continue to be a happy camper. I was just told that the $1,200 referral credit can be used by me, by referring myself.

That's a first. In the other referral programs, self-referrals were specifically prohibited. Congrats on the S90D.

I'm "adjusting" to the new firmware. By far, the worst thing are the very low-contrast speedo numbers... impossible to see in bright light with sunglasses on, and barely visible without glasses. I don't like losing the A/B Trip odos, because I never really know when "current trip" resets itself.

But now that I'm on the latest firmware, it's just good to know I can now get the latest new features (assuming there are any new features for non-AP cars).