Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated this evening and noticed that the amps setting for charging had changed from 40 to 30. Anyone else see that?

Welcome to the forums!

If you just mean that the default has changed you can, of course, change that back. It could have been something unintended during the update.

If you're suggesting that your car is still set to charge at 40, but is only actually charging at 30, others have reported similar things, but at least one person noted that eventually the amps ramped all the way up to the full 80 amps they were expecting.

Edit: Just go back and read the last couple of pages in this thread, and I think you'll see what I mean.

Thanks! It was the former of what you mentioned. I was able to change it back to 40 but was curious why it changed to 30

Happy to help!

You'll find that occasionally a firmware update will randomly change things for no apparent reason. They'll also occasionally "break" random things, also for no apparent reason. If anything has seemed to stop working after a firmware update, you should try rebooting the 17" display, and also the instrument cluster, as doing one or both often resolve those minor issues.

I haven't been on WiFi since early this morning but got the notification late tonight that I now have the latest maps (first ever in over 14 months of ownership!)

So it seems as though the download occurred over WiFi last night (I highly doubt the 2.12.126 firmware is over 3 GB...) but it took a while to install.

image.jpeg

Updated to 2.12.126 and now cannot activate summon with key fob. Holding down the roof part of the fob only locks the car now. Did something change? Anyone else have this problem?

I think you need to go through some of the summon options on the app on your phone. Release notes said something about having expanded summon capabilities (summon via fob, auto'un-summon' aka park ater pushing park button twice)only if you select NO for having to have to hold down the button in the phone app.

How long is your "bit longer" Mine has been stuck at half rate for 15 minutes. (set for 50, but only puling 25)

Yep, mine no longer "ramps up" from the halfway point. It has always paused for a few seconds at the mid point and then continued to ramp up to the set point.

Circumstances were that I was charging at my normal rate (240V, 50A) when I started the update. Upon completing the update charging resumed at 25A. I've tried rebooting the center screen, killing power to the HPWC and restarting - nothing I've tried has cured it.

My HPWC is on an 80A circuit so it is dip switch limited to 64A charging. If I change the car settings to 64A it charges at 32A. If I change it to 50A it charges at 25A. Half rate...

Last edited:
Yep, mine no longer "ramps up" from the halfway point. It has always paused for a few seconds at the mid point and then continued to ramp up to the set point.

Circumstances were that I was charging at my normal rate (240V, 50A) when I started the update. Upon completing the update charging resumed at 25A. I've tried rebooting the center screen, killing power to the HPWC and restarting - nothing I've tried has cured it.

My HPWC is on an 80A circuit so it is dip switch limited to 64A charging. If I change the car settings to 64A it charges at 32A. If I change it to 50A it charges at 25A. Half rate...

You started the update while charging? I bet you hit an edge case where the slave charger didn't update its firmware. Now the master and slave aren't talking, and you're essentially down to one charger. Just a guess. I bet a reinstall would fix it.

You started the update while charging? I bet you hit an edge case where the slave charger didn't update its firmware. Now the master and slave aren't talking, and you're essentially down to one charger. Just a guess. I bet a reinstall would fix it.

Yes - started while charging. I thought about stopping the charge before starting the update but then thought of all the people who schedule their charging for the middle of the night and also schedule their updates for the middle of the night and thought "...I can't be the first one who started an update while charging...".

But I agree with your assessment and have sent an email to [email protected] describing my issue with the hope they will either send a remote charging system reset or restage the update to install again.

Mike

Yup. The is exactly what my car does with the new code (2.12.126). Wall connector set to 64, the max current I can draw is 32. I opened a trouble ticket with he help desk, while charging. They logged in to my car, and could see both the requested rate, and the fact it was charging at half that. They had me change the rate while I was on the phone with them. It was NOT charging during the update itself.

I pulled the UMC out of the trunk and tried that. It works fine @40 amps

It looks like a dual charger Ooops to me. I would encourage folks noticing similar behavior to open a ticket.

Last edited:
Updated to 2.12.126 and now cannot activate summon with key fob. Holding down the roof part of the fob only locks the car now. Did something change? Anyone else have this problem?
I am not having this problem after the update. As was stated, you have to read the release notes closely and do two things:

1. Turn Controls/Settings/Driver Assistance/Autopark/Summon = ON
  2. THEN select the Summon Customize Button and if you want the FOB to control Summon, set Require Continuous Press to NO
Controlling Summon via FOB then works fine and just like previous releases on my S90D. Good luck.

But I agree with your assessment and have sent an email to [email protected] describing my issue with the hope they will either send a remote charging system reset or restage the update to install again.
Mike

I was not charging during the update. I called them while I WAS charging. They could see that I had requested 50, but was only getting 25. They asked me to adjust the rate, but I only could get half the requested value. My WC is set to 64, so the max I can run now is 32. :(

I was not charging during the update. I called them while I WAS charging. They could see that I had requested 50, but was only getting 25. They asked me to adjust the rate, but I only could get half the requested value. My WC is set to 64, so the max I can run now is 32. :(

Good to hear I'm not the only one - sounds like you and I have nearly identical settings/situation. Let us know if you hear back from them or get any resolution and I will do the same. All I've done so far is sent a report to [email protected] - if I don't hear back from them soon I will likely call the support line too.

Mike

Good to hear I'm not the only one - sounds like you and I have nearly identical settings/situation. Let us know if you hear back from them or get any resolution and I will do the same. All I've done so far is sent a report to [email protected] - if I don't hear back from them soon I will likely call the support line too.
Mike

Further, I discovered if I request anything 40 or below, I get what I request. But anything above 40 is cut in half.