Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is teslafi.com safe? I get very nervous about my user id and password. Any way to get the token from an official Tesla site?

I can't answer if Teslafi.com is safe or not, but I use it. It's no different than Remote S, EVMote, Teslalog.com or any other site that needs to log in to the API. I just don't want to add to the list of sites that ask for login credentials so I'm skipping that step and relying on others to supply it.

I don't think there is any official way to get your token.

I for one hope that we don't get this thread to 200 pages... bring on the 8 already.

Canada and Australia (and probably others) are stuck on old firmware with constantly crashing 3G. The firmware has been forked for our stupid safer Summon (darn that American blood lust lol) and now we're forked until 8.

I'm in the US and am also stuck on a version in which 3G crashes every 5-10 minutes or so. So it's not just people outside the US.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex
Don't know how you always seem to get the latest and greatest @Ingineer. I am on .65 and was driving by my service center today and stopped by to make a few phone calls and see if I would get a new push. Never got a prompt for .100.
*June 2015 85D with all options except HD radio. (I know not every car gets every update)

Don't know how you always seem to get the latest and greatest @Ingineer. I am on .65 and was driving by my service center today and stopped by to make a few phone calls and see if I would get a new push. Never got a prompt for .100.
*June 2015 85D with all options except HD radio. (I know not every car gets every update)
@Ingineer previously posted he can't reveal methods, so it's probably best for all of us not to probe.

As for me, I'm still on .19, hanging in there, but becoming a bit envious of everyone that believes they have noticeable improvements to Media Player that is a VERY important part of my driving experience.

@Ingineer previously posted he can't reveal methods, so it's probably best for all of us not to probe.

As for me, I'm still on .19, hanging in there, but becoming a bit envious of everyone that believes they have noticeable improvements to Media Player that is a VERY important part of my driving experience.

It is ironic that you, of anybody, and your 6000 songs are lagging behind. FWIW, I noticed no improvement in the UHFS at .65 but MSNOW did. Earlier this week, ZOOM thought .100 sounded better and actually tapered down the base. So, perhaps its a convenient delay if you are able to leap frog .65 to .100.

Reactions: BertL

I'd characterize the sound improvement as "better" not necessarily "noticeable" because it's subtle. Either that or I'm totally imagining it :).

• Informative
Reactions: NikeWings
I'd characterize the sound improvement as "better" not necessarily "noticeable" because it's subtle. Either that or I'm totally imagining it :).

More like the audio range is more flat. Used to be bright on the high and hollow on the bass.

By the way, I do have a audio setup at home running Cary tube amplifiers and Spica Angelus speakers :) they are good for reference.

So…. classically trained musician from a young age here, played at Carnegie Hall a few times, nowadays just have a crappy taste for pop / dance-pop / hip hop music in the car….. But I still serve on a few expert audio panels for user testing codecs and sound products, and have proven myself a few times in qualifying for these positions that I have an ear for discerning audio quality differences….

At any rate, I don't like waving credentials around, but I do agree that it's better, but not OMG THIS IS AMAZING better. I would expect most people to be able to notice a difference, and some people probably want to crank down the bass a bit compared to before, but it's not like a night and day difference like you put a soundbar on your flat-screen TV or replaced your stock iPhone earbuds with a $500 pair of studio monitors….

I'm pleased to see them making improvements though. As of 2.32.19, surround mode is still a little on the tinny side (A bit excessive treble to the point of being harsh), but it now has a noticeable and sometimes positive impact on stereo separation compared to before, when it just reduced fidelity.

I've been on 2.28.42 for about a month (since my car was last at the SC for Ludicrous upgrade), but have been having issues with BlueTooth dropping mid-call and the central display rebooting lately.

I called Tesla Ownership yesterday to report the issues, then my SC called to explain that the issue was likely with my USB memory stick. They also pushed 2.32.100 to my car, which I installed overnight. Tracker updated!

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
So…. classically trained musician from a young age here, played at Carnegie Hall a few times, nowadays just have a crappy taste for pop / dance-pop / hip hop music in the car….. But I still serve on a few expert audio panels for user testing codecs and sound products, and have proven myself a few times in qualifying for these positions that I have an ear for discerning audio quality differences….

At any rate, I don't like waving credentials around, but I do agree that it's better, but not OMG THIS IS AMAZING better. I would expect most people to be able to notice a difference, and some people probably want to crank down the bass a bit compared to before, but it's not like a night and day difference like you put a soundbar on your flat-screen TV or replaced your stock iPhone earbuds with a $500 pair of studio monitors….

I'm pleased to see them making improvements though. As of 2.32.19, surround mode is still a little on the tinny side (A bit excessive treble to the point of being harsh), but it now has a noticeable and sometimes positive impact on stereo separation compared to before, when it just reduced fidelity.

Would you share a picture of the EQ settings you use in the car ?

I've been on 2.28.42 for about a month (since my car was last at the SC for Ludicrous upgrade), but have been having issues with BlueTooth dropping mid-call and the central display rebooting lately.

I called Tesla Ownership yesterday to report the issues, then my SC called to explain that the issue was likely with my USB memory stick. They also pushed 2.32.100 to my car, which I installed overnight. Tracker updated!
Thx for the update.

To no one in particular, but does anyone else just find it puzzling how USB Flash Drives seem to be able to create all sort of havoc in our Tesla, and beyond adding code to lock-out USB keyboards and mice (likely to slow hacking except by much more tenacious tinkerers), Tesla has not (yet) elected to put any better error recovery logic into their firmware to handle possible failures and impact on other subsystems? Microsoft, Apple, and numerous other software/engineering firms seem to have products that are far more robust, where errant USB devices don't take down the OS and be a repeated target of finger-pointing. ;). Sorry. Had to say it. I feel better now.

Yep, pretty much describes my impressions as well. I used to keep Dolby off but with it turned on now I can hear a positive difference depending on the digital sound processing of the source material. Most Slacker sounds better and some of my FLAC tracks sound very good while others sound muted or flat depending on how it was processed.

Pretty new to the forum but trying to figure out how you guys are getting these updates, I received 2.28.19 a month or two ago but nothing since. I was at the service center last week and that didn't seem to work.
Don't worry with it. Not all do receive it. Tesla is still in control of exactly which cars will and won't get the update -- no one here has broken 100% of the logic. I'm still on .19, despite going through geofenced areas twice.