Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...also ,when I have my ac set to
75 degrees (I dont like arctic air blowing
on me continuously).
and the outside air cools
by a couple degrees
the heat will kick in
Bad idea, would love to have
a button for heat on or off.
in an ice, who cares, heat is free.
but in an electric car it is a huge energy waste.
Yes! To me a heater off button is far more important than tweaks to the audio or nav systems. I hate it when all I want to do is blow cool outside air in the car but the heater kicks on because the lowest temperature setting is something like 63ºF. I don't need the heater unless it is cold and 50s and 60s, or even 40s, is NOT cold, especially when I am sitting in the sun, baking through the windows. It baffles me why every EV doesn't have a heater off button.

Yes! To me a heater off button is far more important than tweaks to the audio or nav systems. I hate it when all I want to do is blow cool outside air in the car but the heater kicks on because the lowest temperature setting is something like 63ºF. I don't need the heater unless it is cold and 50s and 60s, or even 40s, is NOT cold, especially when I am sitting in the sun, baking through the windows. It baffles me why every EV doesn't have a heater off button.

I haven't had my S over a winter yet so excuse my ignorance. If you hit climate off and then change it to fresh air (as opposed to recirculate) will it still pull in fresh air? In every ICE car I've had that trick works to get a little air flowing as the car moves.

I haven't had my S over a winter yet so excuse my ignorance. If you hit climate off and then change it to fresh air (as opposed to recirculate) will it still pull in fresh air? In every ICE car I've had that trick works to get a little air flowing as the car moves.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I could have sworn that's how I did it last year. But maybe I just have too much ingrained memory from years with an ICE before this (and last year I still had my ICE + S).

Touch and hold the TEMP down button until it shows LO. Turn the AC to off and make sure recirc is off. This is how you get fresh air into the car without the heater engaging

Yes, I know about all that, but that does not really
fix it properly .
I could be on a road trip heading north
from a warm climate with ac on and then reach
a cooler climate outside ,and the heat comes a blasting,
with compressor also running !
using my precious electrons.
Makes me want to find the heating relay,
and disconnect it for 10 months out of the year

Reactions: pnaecker and jrreno
No. If the climate control is off selecting outside air turns it on again. If you turn it off again air does not circulate (tried it this morning while driving 60 mph).

I don't have my car at the moment, as I happened to rent it out until next Wednesday. Since I want to be the first person that gets to use 8.0 on my vehicle, I'm hoping that it doesn't get pushed out to classics until then.
**brantse dodges pies, rocks, and knives being thrown at him**

Where did you see limitation on regen was only for AWD models?

The release notes posted on Teslarati didn't have that limitation (though perhaps there's a reference from a RWD owner somewhere?)

Tesla-Version-8-release-notes-16-494x658.jpg

Reactions: markn455
Where did you see limitation on regen was only for AWD models?

The release notes posted on Teslarati didn't have that limitation (though perhaps there's a reference from a RWD owner somewhere?)

Tesla-Version-8-release-notes-16-494x658.jpg
Software 8.0 is Here
Additional Improvements

1. Consistent airflow from fans throughout the car
  2. Smart climate control based on solar heating and position of the sun
  3. Passenger control of the touchscreen now lasts 30 minutes after the driver has left the car
  4. Intelligent HomeLink notifications
  5. Improved regenerative braking on all-wheel drive cars
  6. Improved Auto Front Door functionality
 (Model X only)
  7. Falcon Wing doors open and close more quickly (Model X only)

#havenot yet again... <sigh>
This is getting old. Almost as old as my slightly more than 2 year old car.
Adopted too early based on bad info... Guess I'll just keep twiddling my thumbs until Model 3.
Then one could argue either you didn't learn anything, or you don't really mind that much. ;)

Going to be the same types of things happening to those with the early Model 3s.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman