Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of small changes I haven't seen reported:

--When TACC is turned on for the first time since the car was started, the following distance index (1..7) displays momentarily. Previously if I wanted to know the index I had to momentarily change it to get it to display.

--After I exit the car in my garage and plug in the UMC for charging, with 7.1 it showed the scheduled charge start time on the instrument panel. Now, electrical metrics placeholders and the new see-through cartoon car with the big battery show, with no indication of charging start time.
Yes, more info taken away for no good reason. It was a nice reminder of the scheduled charging time, which sometimes was useful if I forgot that I had changed it recently and didn't want it that way any longer.

Reactions: Tree95
I drove 20 miles today using V 8.0 Autopilot. Three times my S85D turned into a car to the right of me. I had to turn away from the car to keep from having an accident. There was nothing on my left so the car was not moving right to move away from another car or structure.

Definitely a good reason to keep your hands on the steering wheel.

I saw the same thing today on my 20 mile drive home. While in the middle of three lanes with no one on the left side, the car turned towards the back of an 18-wheeler's trailer that was in the right-lane, fortunately I had my hand on the wheel and turned back toward the left quickly. I've never had that happen in the year I've had my car.

On the same commute I also had the car brake for no apparent reason a couple of times.

I just received the update last night and have only driven to work and back on auto-pilot one time. It appears 8.0 AP is definitely going to require a lot more baby-sitting than before.

downloaded my update yesterday, at first the selections of various activities seemed to be missing from the top of the screen, but perhaps that's just cuz I was in the nav mode at the time. After driving the 1.5 miles to work and working my shift, when I started up the usual choices were back at the top.

As for the media player, I messed around with Slacker a little. *blows raspberry*
I tried streaming from my Pandora account via the internet connection. Another fail. :(
I guess I'll continue to link to my phone via bluetooth, and just listen to podcasts and prebuilt music playlists that I have downloaded.

I'm going up to Ames (about 35 miles on mostly empty I-35 at the time I go) Friday to pre-tailgate, so I am looking forward to comparing and contrasting the updated autopilot to the previous version. I have loved the AP even though I am not a daily user, hope it isn't FUBAR.

So far it feels like AP got a little better in some areas and a lot worse in other. Just today on the ride home from work, the car came out of its lane on a straight freeway. The car also weaves around like crazy unless it's following a car. The nags are more than ever. I think it better at avoiding head on collisions but the lane keeping has gotten worse.

So far it feels like AP got a little better in some areas and a lot worse in other. Just today on the ride home from work, the car came out of its lane on a straight freeway. The car also weaves around like crazy unless it's following a car. The nags are more than ever. I think it better at avoiding head on collisions but the lane keeping has gotten worse.

FWIW I actually started noticing this around the 2.36.31 rollout... It almost seems like some of the fleet learning AP tiles were reset or something.

I'm gonna hold my breath and expect this to improve with time. But in some areas with poor lane line markings, I've found that AP starting from 2 weeks ago had a harder time finding a lane compared to before.

I just got mine. GACK. I would NOT buy a Tesla with this Media Player interface. All Streaming. All the Time. (which I hate, since there's minimal AT&T connectivity around here). My 1TB music hard disk no longer works. I am furious.

The media player is now a disaster. This has to be in my opinion the worst implementation of the media player since I test drove the car over 4 years ago.

Scrolling through my own local music files is an accident waiting to happen. I can't stand it how going "back" takes me to the alphabetical top of my album/artist/whatever list. I can't skip to the "Zs." I have to scroll down the entire list, and sometimes this results in clicking into a folder. Going back takes me back to the top of the list.

Search still doesn't go through the USB. (Search "anything" it says?)

Wish I could roll back. I'm sure there are other refinements, but for my Classic MS, this is an update I wish I hadn't accepted.

Spent some time with 8.0 tonight:
1. Autosteer is twitchy/nervous. I even watched it bounce between two white striped lines once. With probably about two dozen samples, I see no evidence of the car tries to bias away from a slower car that's being overtaken, as claimed.

2. The UI update that makes the nav to stay sticky up top is annoying as hell. I like to switch to the energy analyzer up top while media is on the bottom. It used to remember the locations. Doesn't work anymore without manual intervention. DOWNGRADE.

3. Trip meter has NOT been fixed: One way highway trip claims 28.8 miles at 327Wh/mi. Dropped from 156.38 to 123.88 RM. Which comes out to an actual 352Wh/mi consumption from the pack. Climate control was NOT on at any point in the trip.

• Informative
Reactions: u00mem9
Lots of impressions that have been discussed by others. I am not a big media user, so I am going to let those who really care get into that.

REGEN: Works so much better. I drive with one pedal most of the time. Lots of stop and go in a residential neighborhood with stop signs every 200 feet. Before, regen would give out as I slowed down to <5 mph or so. Now, it brings me almost to a complete stop. I really feel the difference.

My classic 2012 Sig S85 got the 8 update yesterday. It now has the annoying bug where muted audio (USB and FM radio) always un-mute when I return to the car, and if muted before exit and driver door opened, it un mutes. Very annoying. Rebooting has not fixed this. I'll call service tomorrow and report the bug. Not sure if it's related to my early build or a latent bug all version 8 users may have.

The media player is now a disaster. This has to be in my opinion the worst implementation of the media player since I test drove the car over 4 years ago.

Scrolling through my own local music files is an accident waiting to happen. I can't stand it how going "back" takes me to the alphabetical top of my album/artist/whatever list. I can't skip to the "Zs." I have to scroll down the entire list, and sometimes this results in clicking into a folder. Going back takes me back to the top of the list.

Search still doesn't go through the USB. (Search "anything" it says?)

Wish I could roll back. I'm sure there are other refinements, but for my Classic MS, this is an update I wish I hadn't accepted.

THIS. Listening to music used to be so enjoyable. Now I just get frustrated trying to get to an album. Heck it's not safe anymore because I'm fiddling with the screen. So bad.

Only had the car for a week and I'm getting really worried about 8.0. Those of you that lived through the 7.0 release - was it "as buggy" as 8.0 is being described? Did they release any updates between 7.0 and 7.1? How long did the next release after 7.0 take with bug fixes?

Thanks!