Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the download an hour ago and just installed it. Fastest I’ve ever received an update. I paid the extra $2K for FSD maybe that’s why?

Anyway, will try it out on Bay Area freeways tonight!

v9.0 (2019.8.5.3aaa23d)

Set my NOA to always on and notify with a beep and vibrate on my Model 3 AWD. Just drove I-280 to I-680 from near Apple Park in Cupertino to near Tesla Factory in Fremont. I'm also set to "Mad Max" mode. It worked almost flawlessly in light traffic. One time when it changed to get out of the passing lane, it moved right behind a vehicle that was too slow for the 75 mph I had set so it had to change back to the passing lane.

I noticed if you intentionally take your hands off of the wheel, when it wants to change lanes, it will prompt you to put them on the wheel. When that happens, adjusting the volume thumb wheel doesn't remove the nag -- you really have to put a slight amount of rotational pressure on the steering wheel. I just rested my left forearm on my lap during the drive with left hand on the lower wheel and that was enough.

It is interesting how when it knows a vehicle is right next to it and it cannot change lanes (seen in red on the display), it will signal the lane change anyway. Once the car (and alarmed driver!) moves out of the way, it changes safely. It does speed up or slow down to make room for the lane change like before.

I didn't have the opportunity to "pretend" like I might run a red light to test that! Also, with wife in the car I couldn't do a good test of the +5% power bump either...

Just installed 2019.8.5, still all cameras broken and nothing working, called Tesla service and they said that there is nothing they can do, no service appointment available, tough luck try again in a few weeks as cruise control and emergency breaking are not an essential function. I'll be going to the Raleigh NC service center on a Monday morning and insisting they fix it without an appointment and refuse to leave, and if they want to call the cops stay tuned for a news story as I've been to various service centers on four occasions for the same issue playing the nice guy, no more.

It is interesting how when it knows a vehicle is right next to it and it cannot change lanes (seen in red on the display), it will signal the lane change anyway. Once the car (and alarmed driver!) moves out of the way, it changes safely. It does speed up or slow down to make room for the lane change like before.

I wish this was tied to a setting because this isn't what I want NoA to do. If I absolutely have to get over in a situation where I must "ask another vehicle if I can get in" I'll do that myself, and I'll also do it differently where I place myself a little ahead of the vehicle I'm asking to let me in.

Reactions: Scott7
So I have read this on the forum and also told this by customer service at one time, that it’s smart to reboot the system after an update. Which type of reboot would that be?

Also when you do an update does it shut TeslaCam down? Won’t get a chance to check out until tomorrow. I did turn off Sentry Mode remotely before doing tonight’s update remotely. No way to shut down TeslaCam remotely.