Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got 8.4 on both cars Wednesday and something else on the 3 30 minutes ago. Assume it’s 8.5, will confirm when install is completed. Never heard of that sort of replacement except with major bugs and 8.4 was replacing the buggy 8.3.

I know they announced this rollout last night so perhaps it was in separate testing and decided to push full speed.

Edit: yep, 8.5

Last edited:
My theory is that 8.5 is good enough that they want to get some good news out there after the bad news from Q1 deliveries.

Won't be good news when there are more reports of accidents. I still have to drive it more, but I can see how if someone gets too comfortable it could end up causing accidents. Unfortunately the sudden slow down / braking isn't quite fixed in this release but seems to be a little better.

I can confirm. I got the 8.4 update on Tuesday and just got the update for 8.5 a few minutes ago.

Yeah. I got 8.4 on Monday, not much driving until today, using NoA extensively, which didn’t seem to be much different from 15.5, other than the power boost - no AP settings difference.

However, just got the 8.5 update an hour ago after getting home. 8.5. now has the auto lane change option. The earlier 8.4 version for me, did not.

7D78C024-9CE0-4790-8579-E1F22657BE49.jpeg
0AEAD049-63CB-45CF-ACAD-2019D1616CA7.jpeg

Last edited:
All I know is my Tesla model 3 performance with performance upgrade with enhanced autopilot and FSD with three hardware camera replacements so far was disabled with 2019.8.4, all cameras quit working, no front radar, no autopilot, no more cruise control, no more display of road speed limits, no more emergency braking, no lane change warnings, it only just drives. Hopefully 2019.8.5 fixes its as I can't get a service appointment in the area I'm currently in during my long distance travel as they are booked for weeks in advance.

Last edited: