Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@voxel hmmmm orders after 10/15.... what is the trial time frame for premium before that? I thought it was 1 year when I originally ordered (July 2021).
The trial is for 1 year, I picked up my model y on oct 27,2021 and I have free premium connectivity until oct 27, 2022.

Attachments

• F36800DE-2C51-412F-8398-5D3A2A9D639D.jpeg
    F36800DE-2C51-412F-8398-5D3A2A9D639D.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 45
@Hurricane4911 Couple of questions since you just got your new Y.
Do they give you a premium Spotify account for a period?
How about the in car internet for a period?

I was about to sign up for a paid spotify account, but don't want to jump the gun if it is free for a bit.
I did check into Spotify deals...
Tesla has none. You get their premium connectivity free for 1 year. You sign up after delivery, then $10/month.

You can get 1, 2, or 3 months free from Spotify, depending on your timing. I got 2 months free, and signed up for a single account.

Reactions: S-Faan and voxel
Been on vacation in NYC and just wanted to drop by and say I got matched to a VIN today, but I already made arrangements ahead of time with my SA to make sure to unmatch me and he knows I want delivery in 2022. He already said he’ll take care of reassigning my VIN to someone else who wanted the same build. Here’s to hoping that tax credit passes soon.

The referral process is buried. I was definitely referred but it is not easy to find on either end of the process so nobody got that bonus from my order.
I have also been looking but it seems that Tesla did away with the referrals 1000 free charge miles to both parties. It only counts for their solar program now. At least that what I can find.

From their referral site "At this time, orders for Solar Roof and Solar Panels are eligible for the Referral Program."

@voxel Did you like the id4? How’s the ride compared to the MY?

I could write a blog like @Samier_RN but let's keep it short. LOVED how it drove with the softer suspension and cloth seats (strangely prefer them over the leather ones in the Model Y) but the endless glitches (did I mention glitches) and electrical shutdown on day 5.... had no confidence in it.

Also, I never want to visit another Electrify America station again.

What is the Etiquette at a super charger? I know its rude to pull in and start charging on "B" if "A" is being used, kind of like the public urinals, but if all of the "A" are taken do you pull into a "B" and sit in your car until "A" is done or plug in? I think the 250KW don't share electricity so there is no concern there but what about the lower chargers. I know this is going to get to be a real nasty situation once Tesla opens up to everyone and during holiday travel.

First Photo's...
Pouring all day in Tampa today. A very soggy Delivery but in the 1st floor garage.

As you can see a Plaid was staged as well as about 4 other MS. MY & M3 were uncountable. The place was rocking. Three more truckloads arrived with more inbound later.
View attachment 729735View attachment 729736View attachment 729738View attachment 729739View attachment 729740
That’s our exact build! It looks great. Congrats! Also interesting to see the Tampa pickup as that’s where we will grab ours. Hopefully soon, as our window just dropped to a two week window. 😬

Reactions: Hurricane4911
I have also been looking but it seems that Tesla did away with the referrals 1000 free charge miles to both parties. It only counts for their solar program now. At least that what I can find.

From their referral site "At this time, orders for Solar Roof and Solar Panels are eligible for the Referral Program."
From what I’ve read however if you applied the referral code prior to the end of this promotion, the miles should still be granted upon taking delivery. If you ordered in July or earlier (sorry I can’t remember when they discontinued) it may still be worth pursuing to see if you can add someone’s code.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
From what I’ve read however if you applied the referral code prior to the end of this promotion, the miles should still be granted upon taking delivery. If you ordered in July or earlier (sorry I can’t remember when they discontinued) it may still be worth pursuing to see if you can add someone’s code.
I didnt order until October so I think I am out of luck

What is the Etiquette at a super charger? I know its rude to pull in and start charging on "B" if "A" is being used, kind of like the public urinals, but if all of the "A" are taken do you pull into a "B" and sit in your car until "A" is done or plug in? I think the 250KW don't share electricity so there is no concern there but what about the lower chargers. I know this is going to get to be a real nasty situation once Tesla opens up to everyone and during holiday travel.

Today every Supercharger I visited was SLAMMED. Only one free at the three visits I made and they limited the max charge to 80% due to high usage. I don't think people care about A/B.... charger locations are pretty busy these days.

Generally... folks like to give "social distancing" space in the chargers so if there is room on one side... a car will slide over there instead of existing crowd (of cars).

Today I didn't have any real options. What was neat was Teslas coming in and out regularly. If you had to wait... it wouldn't be long. Only saw one case of a Tesla "parked" without a driver (usually means a longer-charge like 30mins).

Reactions: Vladimir*22
Anyone who has taken delivery had mud flaps or any PPF? I read tales of some taking delivery with one or both, some colder mountain areas, some Canada. I assumed Floridians wouldn’t see either, but just wanted to check. Thanks!

Not my Model Y two weeks ago. I was looking for it because I heard certain regions got the flaps and fender PPF. Floridians? My guess no.

Reactions: RainbowStars