Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s our exact build! It looks great. Congrats! Also interesting to see the Tampa pickup as that’s where we will grab ours. Hopefully soon, as our window just dropped to a two week window. 😬
Thanks!
We had the the typical trepidation about black cars. But a MY in black is killer. IMHO, what makes the MY such a great style is its flare over the rear wheels. In black, the car looks fierce.

I ordered 19 inch black wheel covers from Rimetrix to replace the grey Gemini covers (I'm not inclined to spend $$$ on wheels).

I will have my MY at the National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) event in Oldsmar on Nov. 13th from 10-2.

Reactions: RainbowStars
Backup camera question: In my Durango if it detects you are to close to an object while backing up it will lock up the brakes, it is trying to protect a kid playing or pedestrian in a lot you dont see from getting hit. It will also alert you if it sees a car in a lot coming from the sides, helps a lot in Costco lot where everyone are maniacs.

Does the tesla lock up the brakes if you get to close to something?

I noticed on my test drive that the car didnt seem to slow down when approaching cars at a light, maybe its just me not trusting it and it would have if i just left it alone but got nervous and hit the brake myself. I had Autopilot engaged.

My MYLR Aftermarket Wants and Needs...
While waiting 104 days, I had ample opportunity to spend more money. This what I've settled on thus far:

• 3D Maxpider full mat set
• Jowua center console tray and 4 port hub
• Jowua cup holder black insert
• Jowua fold away cell phone mount
• Abstract Ocean screen protector
• Under seat vent covers
• Rimetrix black 19" wheel covers (waiting on these as long as the car)
• ROCC 19" wheel cover storage bag
• RPM Tesla frunk sound pad
• RPM Tesla underhood rain debris filter
• RPM Tesla screen cover
• Basenor door lock covers

Pro work (To Do, APG Tampa):
• Excel Full PPF
• Mud flaps (No can do, 2 vertebrae fused 😉)

Dumped from my list (I've grown fond of the wood)
• Carbon fiber rear spoiler
• RPM Tesla carbon fiber dash rebuild ( This is really sweet, but expensive)

😎

Last edited:
While waiting 104 days, I had ample opportunity to spend more money. This what I've settled on thus far:

• Under seat vent covers
• RPM Tesla screen cover

• Excel Full PPF

• RPM Tesla carbon fiber dash rebuild ( This really sweet, but expensive)

😎
@Hurricane - If you have them will tesla throw them on for you at delivery? I bought them already from Tesla hoping they will because I'm in the same boat (14 fused)

@Hurricane - If you have them will tesla throw them on for you at delivery? I bought them already from Tesla hoping they will because I'm in the same boat (14 fused)

I did not, as I haven't purchased them yet. Delivery should if it's Tesla product. Probably for a cost. Auto Paint Guard (APG) said they would do it.
I'm probably 2-3 weeks from getting there.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
Oh and thank you for the list - a lot of stuff on there I never thought about.

How is "Vader" ?
Everyone should be at ease with fit & finish. Mine has zero issues. From my understanding, focus on the MDY line this past June put this issue to bed. To date, I have nothing on my defect list. Interior finish is quite good, better than anticipated. Cameras have no issues.

Software is solid. I'm a IBM/Windows/Android guy, so the software UI took a day or two to feel comfortable. It was loaded with the latest version on delivery. Build is listed as 10/21. VIN is MF296xxx series.

Vader, so far is everything I expected. Mrs. 'Cane, my resident Inspector-General is quite impressed.

Everyone should be at ease with fit & finish. Mine has zero issues. From my understanding, focus on the MDY line this past June put this issue to bed. To date, I have nothing on my defect list. Interior finish is quite good, better than anticipated. Cameras have no issues.

Software is solid. I'm a IBM/Windows/Android guy, so the software UI took a day or two to feel comfortable. It was loaded with the latest version on delivery. Build is listed as 10/21. VIN is MF296xxx series.

Vader, so far is everything I expected. Mrs. 'Cane, my resident Inspector-General is quite impressed.
If Emperor Cane is happy then everything is good !!!! :)

• Funny
Reactions: Hurricane4911

• Under seat vent covers
• RPM Tesla screen cover

• Excel Full PPF

😎

I have mats and a large number of accessories (about $250 worth) sitting in boxes in a corner... lol.

My obsession has been driving and charging then monitoring results using TeslaFi

1636385747858.png

• Under seat vent covers
• RPM Tesla screen cover

• Excel Full PPF

😎
Could you post a picture of the Rimetrix wheel covers once you have them? I'm thinking about buying those as well!

Backup camera question: In my Durango if it detects you are to close to an object while backing up it will lock up the brakes, it is trying to protect a kid playing or pedestrian in a lot you dont see from getting hit. It will also alert you if it sees a car in a lot coming from the sides, helps a lot in Costco lot where everyone are maniacs.

Does the tesla lock up the brakes if you get to close to something?

I noticed on my test drive that the car didnt seem to slow down when approaching cars at a light, maybe its just me not trusting it and it would have if i just left it alone but got nervous and hit the brake myself. I had Autopilot engaged.
Autopilot is too slow in braking for cars in my opinion. I've used it a few times and each time, I had to step on the brakes at red lights approaching cars. It may end up stopping but too close for me to let it do it.
I know you get loud beeps if you try to change lanes and there's a car next to you but I haven't gotten cross traffic alert when backing up. I love that with my current volvo, very helpful.

but I haven't gotten cross traffic alert when backing up. I love that with my current volvo, very helpful.
Is there any car/pedestrian cross traffic alert on the Tesla? I didn't think so because that was one negative I knew about before I purchased the MY. It was useful on the ID.4

Tesla also missing a blind spot monitor like the ID.4.

Is there any car/pedestrian cross traffic alert on the Tesla? I didn't think so because that was one negative I knew about before I purchased the MY. It was useful on the ID.4

Tesla also missing a blind spot monitor like the ID.4.
I have not seen an alert but at the same time, I’ve always been extra careful driving the car that I pay more attention than I do with my Volvo. Lol. Something about driving a Tesla and you pay extra attention. Lol.

I have not seen an alert but at the same time, I’ve always been extra careful driving the car that I pay more attention than I do with my Volvo. Lol. Something about driving a Tesla and you pay extra attention. Lol.

I’m extra careful in any car…. and no alerts so far even in busy areas like Disney Springs and Disney World. My ID.4 had flagged a few cases in the first few weeks along with a Publix incident.

My assumption is no. Tesla does not have a cross traffic or pedestrian warning.