Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Well I woke up this morning at 6am to a VIN in the App by simply just checking it. OD Date was 8/23 white white 20's to West Palm Beach FL. Vin 7SAYGDEE7NF327.. Excited but my luck I'm out of town the estimated days of arrival go figure! Hopefully it comes in early or gets delayed a little so there's no problems. Can anyone share experience with the time frame in the APP if its pretty spot on?

Also the "Make Your Final Payment" in the app, I haven't done anything with it yet. I switched to cash when the initial loan i had expired. I want to switch back and make a downpayment do I need to wait for my SA to do that?
PIng SA or the order support email or chat. Get Cash switched back to Loan and using that MVPA you can get an external loan. Tesla financing was easiest for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
I wanted to share a data point - I am paying .19 per kWh at public Super Chargers so I am averaging 4.5 cents per mile in the Model 3 LR
since the Super chargers are 3 times more expensive than my home, once they get the charger installed, I should be paying 1.5 cents per mile.

a car getting 20 MPH and current prices are paying 16.5 cents per mile

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond and voxel
I wanted to share a data point - I am paying .19 per kWh at public Super Chargers so I am averaging 4.5 cents per mile in the Model 3 LR
since the Super chargers are 3 times more expensive than my home, once they get the charger installed, I should be paying 1.5 cents per mile.

a car getting 20 MPH and current prices are paying 16.5 cents per mile

The Supercharger nearest to me (3miles away) charged .14 per kWh except during peak hours (11am-6pm) which is about the rate I pay at home (if I take into account all the fees, etc).

EVGo charges 0.34 per MINUTE at 50 kW (slow) for my ID.4 and Mach-E. I paid $3.40 to charge for 10minutes which provided 10 kWh - basically around 35 EV miles... so about the price of gas for efficient ICE car. Yikes.

The Supercharger nearest to me (3miles away) charged .14 per kWh except during peak hours (11am-6pm) which is about the rate I pay at home (if I take into account all the fees, etc).

EVGo charges 0.34 per MINUTE at 50 kW (slow) for my ID.4 and Mach-E. I paid $3.40 to charge for 10minutes which provided 10 kWh - basically around 35 EV miles... so about the price of gas for efficient ICE car. Yikes.
oh - thats right I didnt add in all their fees and stuff that is going to change some but it still shouldnt hit ICE gas numbers

and whatever you do - DO NOT CHARGE at Miccosukee Service Plaza on Alligator Alley .34 kWh, make it to Davie if you can, - i was going to stop and decided
no way I am paying that

If you are going to go across 75 in southern FL top off at Tarpon Bay Plaza and that should get you to the east coast and top off in Davie that will get you back to the west coast. Miccosukee Service Plaza is the only charger on Alligator Alley

Last edited:
oh - thats right I didnt add in all their fees and stuff that is going to change some but it still shouldnt hit ICE gas numbers

and whatever you do - DO NOT CHARGE at Miccosukee Service Plaza on Alligator Alley .34 kWh, make it to Davie if you can, - i was going to stop and decided
no way I am paying that

If you are going to go across 75 in southern FL top off at Tarpon Bay Plaza and that should get you to the east coast and top off in Davie that will get you back to the west coast. Miccosukee Service Plaza is the only charger on Alligator Alley

Sadly.. all Superchargers in Orlando area (around 9 locations) charge .34 per kWh. The only one that doesn't just happens to closest to me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Well I woke up this morning at 6am to a VIN in the App by simply just checking it. OD Date was 8/23 white white 20's to West Palm Beach FL. Vin 7SAYGDEE7NF327.. Excited but my luck I'm out of town the estimated days of arrival go figure! Hopefully it comes in early or gets delayed a little so there's no problems. Can anyone share experience with the time frame in the APP if its pretty spot on?
Congrats! Got my VIN last night too.. submitted insurance immediately. Would also love to know how accurate dates are as I would like to get it before my loan app expires

Hey There Old Man...
Rough time time getting out of a MS? Me too.
I postponed my mid-life crisis, bypassing the requisite Corvette or Charger, the fools they are 😉

Hope your sleeping well, you old guys need those zzzzzz's. Congrats on completing schooloing. May I ask which qualification exam is coming up?
You know we have your back, good luck.

😀
Getting my BSN and later my CCRN. Latter goal is MSN for family medicine NP.
@Samier_RN or anybody else... how long can you ignore the profile completion on an order? I ordered a MYP but want to take delivery in late late 2022 if possible. Can I just ignore the Tesla texts for 6-9 months?
So, there seems to be a limit to how long and don't ignore them. I got a warning email

Hi Samier,​
We are contacting you to offer you a final opportunity to take delivery of your Model Y order placed on August 15, 2020.​
When we contacted you in April, you requested that we delay cancelling your order because you still planned to purchase the vehicle. However, our records indicate that you have not yet taken delivery.​
We sincerely hope you will choose to proceed with your order and join Tesla in accelerating the transition to sustainable energy, but we are unable to hold your order any longer if you do not take action.​
To proceed with delivery of your Model Y, sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” to remove this hold by December 2, 2021.​
If your order remains on hold on December 2, 2021, or if your order is placed on hold again, your order will be automatically canceled and your order fee forfeited. We appreciate your understanding, and we hope that you will order a Tesla when the time is right for you.​
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

So looks like they are enforcing holds. So on December 1st I'll release my hold but I am reaching out to my SA about what would happen if I deny a vin. Oh well, we shall see.

So, there seems to be a limit to how long and don't ignore them. I got a warning email

Hi Samier,​
We are contacting you to offer you a final opportunity to take delivery of your Model Y order placed on August 15, 2020.​
When we contacted you in April, you requested that we delay cancelling your order because you still planned to purchase the vehicle. However, our records indicate that you have not yet taken delivery.​
We sincerely hope you will choose to proceed with your order and join Tesla in accelerating the transition to sustainable energy, but we are unable to hold your order any longer if you do not take action.​
To proceed with delivery of your Model Y, sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” to remove this hold by December 2, 2021.​
If your order remains on hold on December 2, 2021, or if your order is placed on hold again, your order will be automatically canceled and your order fee forfeited. We appreciate your understanding, and we hope that you will order a Tesla when the time is right for you.​
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

So looks like they are enforcing holds. So on December 1st I'll release my hold but I am reaching out to my SA about what would happen if I deny a vin. Oh well, we shall see.
Keep us posted. 👍🏻

Hi Samier,​
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

I also got similar email

I’m picking up my MY this weekend. I haven’t heard from a Sales Advisor, so I’ll call to confirm that the car is ready. I don’t want to drive an hour in holiday traffic for nothing.

I’m pretty sure that I used a referral code when I ordered, so I’ll look for my supercharging 1,000 mile credit too.

While posting this message, I just received a robo-call to confirm the delivery appointment. :D

I’m picking up my MY this weekend. I haven’t heard from a Sales Advisor, so I’ll call to confirm that the car is ready. I don’t want to drive an hour in holiday traffic for nothing.

I’m pretty sure that I used a referral code when I ordered, so I’ll look for my supercharging 1,000 mile credit too.
It's my understanding that Tesla discontinued the referral program a few months ago. Let us know if you still get the credit.