Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just reading thru everyone's dramas. Ordered from Tampa SC 5/24. Initially told about 12 weeks. EDD has jumped from July, to August, to September back to Jul/Aug then to October. VIN just appeared yesterday! I had proof of Ins uploaded by noon yesterday. Haven't heard from my SA since ordering but have had more luck than everyone here with reaching someone in Tampa. Get this...and don't kill me, I'm just as shocked as you will all be. Client of mine needed a car ASAP as her lease ran out before she thought it did. Went to a store in the mall. They had nothing available to test drive and she said she wasn't going to buy a car she couldn't even drive and decided to go to BMW. A day or so later she got a call from a SA at the store who said they had a MY blue with white and asked if she wanted it. She tested it, paid for it and drove it home the next day. She never even had a chance to download the app, didn't know how to start it, and has only watched about 4 of the videos. Here I am, I know all about it, have the charger installed, garage ready and can't get the car soon enough. And before you ask, she had not placed an order or put down the $100. Just got a call, went in, paid and drove away. So, I am sorry to someone who had a MY blue, I think someone gave yours away.
I would rather get kicked in the balls than let that happen to me. I hope that was just someone's canceled order. But, speaking of Tampa...I finally have a SA. Julia is her name. She seems nice but the general first impression was mixed. She wouldn't tell me much detail and doesn't seem to know much as she told me my expected date is December, (not a soft-match)...she literally just looked on the sale site she said because that's her best indicator. So yeah, that was Tampa for you. For now, I'm just creating an Amazon wish list if anyone thinks of something to add. Check out my list on Amazon

One side note, @CSTARZZ I hope you get that VIN man. If you pass the 77-day mark I will be truly sad.

Reactions: Ormond
I
Ordered 5/26 in Miami Fl.
MYLR | Blue/Black | 5 SEAT | 19’ | No TOW | No FSD

no one posts on here so I thought I should spark up this thread again.
My dates are all over the place but as of Thursday they moved alll the to end of July mid august. It’s driving me nuts!
I ordered 6/20 also south Florida. Have you gotten the car yet? I wonder how many cars are coming here. Probably almost the farthest away from the factory. This is torture.

This seems correct. Seems like Tesla is make the black models during that time. I ordered May 28th, exact same configuration as you. Today mine is 8/17-9/02
Inched back to 9-3. I hope it keeps getting closer to August. I can’t even imagine th e logistics of getting all these cars to the east coast. I wonder if there is a way to know how many are ordered from Florida ?

After not having an EDD for a while, the date has been stable at August 24- September 13 for the week. That gives me some very small hope that I might actually get the car In late August, though it's Tesla so I am half expecting the dates to go to October of next year. I wanted to call the Palm Beach Tesla office one more time just to see if they could give me more information, and I am pretty sure the guy I got the phone was just making up dates. I wonder what the key is to getting someone who can actually tell you more. Anyways, hopefully everyone gets their car soon.

EDIT: spoke too soon. As soon as I posted this my EDD went away again, lol.

Last edited:
Inched back to 9-3. I hope it keeps getting closer to August. I can’t even imagine th e logistics of getting all these cars to the east coast. I wonder if there is a way to know how many are ordered from Florida ?
Edit: my dates went away and now just says October! This is a nightmare. I cannot rent a vehicle forever. Especially with the prices so high bc of the shortage. I can only imagine how lone it takes to get to south Florida. And with a driver shortage even worse !! 😡

Edit: my dates went away and now just says October! This is a nightmare. I cannot rent a vehicle forever. Especially with the prices so high bc of the shortage. I can only imagine how lone it takes to get to south Florida. And with a driver shortage even worse !! 😡
I’d try calling your store and a couple others in the area to ask you if they had any cancellations. Explain your situation and maybe you can get a match.

Reactions: Crisro
I’d try calling your store and a couple others in the area to ask you if they had any cancellations. Explain your situation and maybe you can get a match.
I did that. I’m on a list but I’m also on a list with a couple others on the same boat. So regardless, it is a wait game no matter what. Currently the way things are going for auto, you just have to be prepared for it. I knew it would be crazy, just not this much for Tesla. Seems just like when it was first released. Hang in there, I’ve learned no matter how many places you call or try to get confirmation, it is still a patience game in the end (plus they are dealing with thousands just like us who are worried, can only imagine how much that sucks for them). Sorry, I know this doesn’t help but we are all here with you feeling it.

ps I hope I don’t sound cranky. Just got off a 14 hour shift and I’m dead tired. Didn’t even bother looking at my invisible EDD today.

Reactions: Crisro and Ormond
Today it inched back to 9-3 to 9-23. Of course only Floridians get nervous about Late August early September as it is peak Hurricane season and the last thing I want to do is pick up right before one God forbid. I just want the damn car already lol. I have no more YouTube videos to watch, tik tok has been completed and I refuse to read the manual again 🤓⚡🔋🚘
This!! lol. Same as you - no more YT videos to watch and I don't want to read the manual again either. Funny thing is my order is actually for my wife, not even me but I placed an order for myself I'm planning to put on hold till 1/22. My EDD keeps flipping between 98-9/28 and october every other day for the past week. SA told me soft match is between 8/7-8/15 and EDD likely to be 8/22 for my 5/28 order. Hoping that still hold true.

Just reading thru everyone's dramas. Ordered from Tampa SC 5/24. Initially told about 12 weeks. EDD has jumped from July, to August, to September back to Jul/Aug then to October. VIN just appeared yesterday! I had proof of Ins uploaded by noon yesterday. Haven't heard from my SA since ordering but have had more luck than everyone here with reaching someone in Tampa. Get this...and don't kill me, I'm just as shocked as you will all be. Client of mine needed a car ASAP as her lease ran out before she thought it did. Went to a store in the mall. They had nothing available to test drive and she said she wasn't going to buy a car she couldn't even drive and decided to go to BMW. A day or so later she got a call from a SA at the store who said they had a MY blue with white and asked if she wanted it. She tested it, paid for it and drove it home the next day. She never even had a chance to download the app, didn't know how to start it, and has only watched about 4 of the videos. Here I am, I know all about it, have the charger installed, garage ready and can't get the car soon enough. And before you ask, she had not placed an order or put down the $100. Just got a call, went in, paid and drove away. So, I am sorry to someone who had a MY blue, I think someone gave yours away.
Your VIN appearing gives me hope for my 5/28 order. I set up 3 different distill.io watches to track my order page every hour and alert me when there's any change. So far, it's been delivery date flipping between sept and oct.
I have also read that if you go in person to a store and there's a car that has been refused for delivery, they will sell to you rather than go to the next person in line but I thought that was only during end of quarter delivery rush. I guess it applies any time.

Hey guys I’m in Miami. Placed my order for a MYLR back on 5/21. My original delivery date was late July. It has since moved to mid Aug early September and as of this morning it’s showing October! I’m going nuts. I texted my SA just now. What’s odd is that I was at the store two weeks ago and my soft match showed a production date of aug 18th.

Hey guys I’m in Miami. Placed my order for a MYLR back on 5/21. My original delivery date was late July. It has since moved to mid Aug early September and as of this morning it’s showing October! I’m going nuts. I texted my SA just now. What’s odd is that I was at the store two weeks ago and my soft match showed a production date of aug 18th.
I'd like to think those October dates are glitches or some type of place holder for folks going through an update, just my hope. I was told that soft match shows my build being done by 8/15 with a 8/22 delivery too but my EDD changed to October mid morning. The wait is tiring and the inconsistencies are exhausting.

Reactions: renzito
Florida has an electronic liens and titles system.
ie, no paper titles
When you are doing a trade in, Tesla wants a picture/scan/copy/somethiing, front and back of the title.
My lien is paid off
Do I actually have to get a paper copy of the title, take a picture/scan and then send the scan of the paper copy when getting ready for my "prepare for delivery"

anyone have any hints?

ie, no paper titles
When you are doing a trade in, Tesla wants a picture/scan/copy/somethiing, front and back of the title.
My lien is paid off
Do I actually have to get a paper copy of the title, take a picture/scan and then send the scan of the paper copy when getting ready for my "prepare for delivery"

anyone have any hints?
My car is 2021, and I have a paper title. DMV, you pay to receive one, but I got a paper title when I bought my car from the dealer (Oct 2020). So, yeah...maybe send them a PDF and convert them to an image file?

ie, no paper titles
My lien is paid off

anyone have any hints?
I had this problem too. My SA said not to get the paper title as everything is going to be done electronic when we ordered in store but the trade in asked for title to be uploaded. I think I changed my trade in to say it's financed with a $0 balance and that removed the title option.
The trade in expired in the wait so I'm going to wait for a VIN before I try the trade in again. Maybe try the $0 option??

This!! lol. Same as you - no more YT videos to watch and I don't want to read the manual again either. Funny thing is my order is actually for my wife, not even me but I placed an order for myself I'm planning to put on hold till 1/22. My EDD keeps flipping between 98-9/28 and october every other day for the past week. SA told me soft match is between 8/7-8/15 and EDD likely to be 8/22 for my 5/28 order. Hoping that still hold true.
Of course now with two potential storms coming in our general direction I don't want to be matched at all. At least until they pass. Does anyone know if they come on train to Florida then cargo truck? I know there is a national shortage on drivers. I heard on another thread the drivers hold out for EOQ DEMAND so they get paid more to drive. Not sure how true. I wonder if there is a way to know how many are ordered in Florida? I tried to follow the spreadsheet but that does not make me feel any better. Only ones delivered are performance Y which does not interest me. Lots of blank spaces. They can only blame themselves for the poor EDD on the website. Shame on the logistics team to not be more informative for each region. This is maddening. I can imagine thousands of cars moving across the country to their respective destinations. I moved to October this morning.

Of course now with two potential storms coming in our general direction I don't want to be matched at all. At least until they pass. Does anyone know if they come on train to Florida then cargo truck? I know there is a national shortage on drivers. I heard on another thread the drivers hold out for EOQ DEMAND so they get paid more to drive. Not sure how true. I wonder if there is a way to know how many are ordered in Florida? I tried to follow the spreadsheet but that does not make me feel any better. Only ones delivered are performance Y which does not interest me. Lots of blank spaces. They can only blame themselves for the poor EDD on the website. Shame on the logistics team to not be more informative for each region. This is maddening. I can imagine thousands of cars moving across the country to their respective destinations. I moved to October this morning.
I read that they come by train to the east coast then by truck to the delivery centers. Don’t know how true that is though. Someone posted I think on Reddit that a bunch of cars were stuck at the train station waiting for the ride to this side of the country before the hauler part. At this point, I don’t care if they move it by submarine, just deliver the car already. Lol.

UPDATE: we're back to late Aug, Early Sept delivery!!

Reactions: Crisro