Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What tint % are you doing on windows and front? Are you doing the roof?

My decision was to keep everything legal.
• I'm not doing the roof. The roof glass is 3 layers with good UV protection.
• Rear passenger gets 70%
• Front driver, passenger, hatch & windshield gets 35%

That will provide a close, but not perfect match for side windows. The windshield might be "slightly" illegal, but I wanted the UV shield on the biggest freaking window, and a bit of shade. 😉

I'm purchasing Xpel Prime Plus.

Last edited:
Well, my third delivery date is here and just 5 hours away. A couple questions: When will they notify me what spot the car is in? Also, they double applied the loan amount on my account and I now have a negative 24k balance. This ever happen to anyone else?

Well, my third delivery date is here and just 5 hours away. A couple questions: When will they notify me what spot the car is in? Also, they double applied the loan amount on my account and I now have a negative 24k balance. This ever happen to anyone else?
I never got a notification on my spot. When I got there, which was early, I saw my name in large letters on a piece of paper in the line up of new cars. I went through my car before I even spoke to anybody. Tampa is pretty easy, and the people were quite friendly.

I never got a notification on my spot. When I got there, which was early, I saw my name in large letters on a piece of paper in the line up of new cars. I went through my car before I even spoke to anybody. Tampa is pretty easy, and the people were quite friendly.

Wish Orlando/Eatonville was that organized. No name or anything. Just a row of cars where I had to find my VIN (you almost know it my heart eventually).

SA said hi and left me with the car for 20mins. If I hadn't rented a Model 3 from Turo earlier that week, I'd be lost with how to operate it.

Unfortunately it took about an hour and 20 minutes due to a balance fault on their part. They had double added the loan from my bank to my balance and was left with a negative 24k balance. When I told them about it they said it would be refunded in 6-8 days. I then had to explain that I the loan was for 45k and I was paying the rest. This took them a while to figure out what they did wrong and I ultimately had to do a wire transfer for the balance. Otherwise it would have taken minutes to do. How long it takes is really up to you. If you have the balance paid then you could literally walk up to the car, inspect, except delivery, put license plate on (if bringing your own) and then drive off. Of course this will take longer if you have a trade in. I was there in the evening and it was not busy. They will do demos of the features if you ask them. One thing that is odd is that no one asked if I needed assistance or anything. I could have driven off without resolving the balance as it did let accept delivery. The delivery process is just as automated as the rest.

Unfortunately it took about an hour and 20 minutes due to a balance fault on their part. They had double added the loan from my bank to my balance and was left with a negative 24k balance. When I told them about it they said it would be refunded in 6-8 days. I then had to explain that I the loan was for 45k and I was paying the rest. This took them a while to figure out what they did wrong and I ultimately had to do a wire transfer for the balance. Otherwise it would have taken minutes to do. How long it takes is really up to you. If you have the balance paid then you could literally walk up to the car, inspect, except delivery, put license plate on (if bringing your own) and then drive off. Of course this will take longer if you have a trade in. I was there in the evening and it was not busy. They will do demos of the features if you ask them. One thing that is odd is that no one asked if I needed assistance or anything. I could have driven off without resolving the balance as it did let accept delivery. The delivery process is just as automated as the rest.
I had a trade in but paid rest with cashiers check
I got there @ 5 pm and showed them the check and they confirmed the amount
took me directly to the car
inspected it with me
let me sit in it and look at interior and touch screen as long as i wanted
I went in and the tag was on my car before I got back out

If i didnt take so long to inspect I could have been out of there by 5:05

Did your MY come from the factory with mud flaps, or did you install them? If the latter what brand are they (Tesla or after market)?
Cheap set from Amazon, lol. They were installed with ease, and no bolts or anything needed to be removed (I heard stories of people removing those and then they cannot screw them back in)
I'm done with ICE cars. Fond memories though of blue smoke drag racing my '72 Merc back in B'klyn, N.Y.

The market gets a bunch of new EVs next year. I think we're now at or near a high-water mark in price. If Tesla eventually rolls back half of their $10k price increase, I'm all over a 2022 a MYP. Throw in the tax rebate and Vader has a brother, for about the same dollars.
I miss my Nissan 240sx, loved drifting, but honestly, drove my mom's Fiat to work since I sold mine waiting for the MY and I wish I saved my Snapchat but let's say it was not pretty. I am not used to using a break, LOL. I do not know how many times I turned the windshield wipers because I wanted to go into drive or reverse. It is crazy how short of a time I adapted to a Tesla. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE YOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did drive in an MS finally, but it was not the 2022 or yoke model, but I can say that it was not bad even though it is slightly lower than the MY and higher than the M3. I have never driven a car with air suspension, and wow....WOW! The fact that I could raise and lower the car and change the suspension was sickening. I will eventually get that MS, but it is worth waiting to enjoy the MY.

I would love them to do that, but there is no incentive. If that credit gets passed, the cap of $80k for an SUV will make them increase just like they did the last time they had the incentive :( I was hoping the MS would drop in price, but I do not see that happening. Plus, I heard some woes with SpaceX so, Tesla is a moneymaker for them right now, and even with current prices, the orders have not slowed down. Frankly, Vader needs a stormtrooper buddy, just saying. Also, side notes the MYP only went up to $4k I think, verse the LR at $10k. So with an incentive, the MYP is going to be a steal. DO IT! JUST DOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

I do not know how many times I turned the windshield wipers because I wanted to go into drive or reverse.
😀
Oh yeah...Done that countless times switching back to my wife's Honda CRV.

Watching some daily YT videos, Tesla rolls out a lot of upgrades in Shanghai first (LFP, rear dual pane glass) before N.A. Berlin has a state-of-the-art paint shop. That said, Austin really needs to be running near capacity before you can guarantee getting a "full V2 MY" that includes 4680 structural pack, better paint choices, front castings, etc. Or, they reassign Fremont to the LFP models, and move the rest to Austin. Either way, I'm going to wait a bit before placing my next order.

I should get my car back tomorrow from APG. My Tesla app tells me that in addition to them enjoying my Spotify playlist, the car has been moved into the back building where they do the ceramic. I picked the Gtechniq, that's a 2-step process, so it might get pushed.
😎

Last edited:
I had a Ford Lighting on reservation, but I cancelled it a while ago
Ford just put out a memo that states "Each dealer will have the ability to prioritize a small number of loyal customers who are reservation holders" Ive read 25 per dealership

So they cant produce more than 50000 a year and even orders that were in the first day of opening the que can get pushed back if you are buddy buddy with someone at the dealer.

if you reserved today you would not get a truck until late 2025 or early 2026

After ordering my Y in May and having to put it on hold while we closed on our house (which got delayed several times), and after having to reject two VINs, I'm finally taking delivery on Monday 13th in Palm Beach. I'm very excited as I currently drive an aging civic from Loxahatchee to Miami Lakes every day.

I'm not sure if there's a break in period on these like there is on ICE cars, but i expect i'll have it done by the end of the year!

I've already ordered mud flaps, matte screen protector, cell phone holder. Next on the list will be a dedicated charger for the house (we had them wire in a 14-50 by the garage door during construction, but i may switch to hard wire the tesla charger.

Who have you used in Palm Beach area for Tint? I'd prefer mobile since my wifes car needs to get done at the same time.

Thanks! So happy to finally have my Tesla!

Reactions: voxel
😀
Oh yeah...Done that countless times switching back to my wife's Honda CRV.

Watching some daily YT videos, Tesla rolls out a lot of upgrades in Shanghai first (LFP, rear dual pane glass) before N.A. Berlin has a state-of-the-art paint shop. That said, Austin really needs to be running near capacity before you can guarantee getting a "full V2 MY" that includes 4680 structural pack, better paint choices, front castings, etc. Or, they reassign Fremont to the LFP models, and move the rest to Austin. Either way, I'm going to wait a bit before placing my next order.

I should get my car back tomorrow from APG. My Tesla app tells me that in addition to them enjoying my Spotify playlist, the car has been moved into the back building where they do the ceramic. I picked the Gtechniq, that's a 2-step process, so it might get pushed.
😎
You ever just turn the AC on full blast to scare them? Lol or jam the music loud! Ahahaha I will say this, comparing the sound and quality of the M3SR+ to this, night and day. The premium features are actually premium and I love having 1 year of connectivity verse a month (even though the price is cheap). I'm still a version behind though because I don't have the camera in my app yet.

I completely agree China and Berlin are making US models look old already but you know what, after driving this...I don't care in the slightest. I'm so happy. Curse you for being right, but I told my mom once I accept my MS, this MY will be hers. Instead of selling it, I'd rather get rid of her Fiat and replace it with something better and safer.

@Hurricane4911 forget to ask, how much was your XR Plus tint?

Finally, baby Endeavor got their first bath and wax! (I love detailing cars)

912E42C3-B8FE-483F-9E79-CF8827B32987.jpeg2CE51460-2DDB-4F17-ABB3-223D8D8B09C2.jpegAA29121D-6084-4BDB-91AE-F7CE766667B1.jpeg

Last edited:
I completely agree China and Berlin are making US models look old already but you know what, after driving this...I don't care in the slightest. I'm so happy. Curse you for being right, but I told my mom once I accept my MS, this MY will be hers. Instead of selling it, I'd rather get rid of her Fiat and replace it with something better and safer.

@Hurricane4911 forget to ask, how much was your XR Plus tint?
GigaTexas may have most, if not all, of the same MY enhancements as GigaBerlin. Tesla probably won't say much about the new "refreshed" MY until gigaTexas is up and running.

Reactions: Samier_RN