Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Samier_RN - The tesla existing Inv has about 12 model S ready right now in the Orlando/Miami area
If I only had $140K lying around....

I love the payment calculator on one:

1639424515383.png

Can I live in the car?

• Funny
Reactions: Vladimir*22
I have a question on charging - according to Tesla you should keep it between 90% and 20%. Then why on a road trip does Tesla charging route planner have you arrive to Super Chargers at 10% or sometimes 5%?
they specifically say do not let the battery go below 20% for best life

Last edited:
@Samier_RN - The tesla existing Inv has about 12 model S ready right now in the Orlando/Miami area
If they would honor my price I would take it off their hand :p but I am happy to wait because I should be getting a call here soon to come pick up my car :D cannot wait to see the tint job.
I have a question on charging - according to Tesla you should keep it between 90% and 20%. Then why on a road trip does Tesla charging route planner have you arrive to Super Chargers at 10% or sometimes 5%?
they specifically say do not let the battery go below 20% for best life
It isn't that you shouldn't use it that low, it is that you shouldn't keep it that low/high. The point is, if you charge to 100%, be sure to use the car to discharge it to avoid degradation. But many articles have proven that even charging it to 100% or supercharging daily has not hurt the batteries to crazy amounts. Frankly, I charge my car to 75% and it gets me 245 miles, similar to my M3. I just know I can do everything I need and more with that much and I have a nice 25% buffer if I need it. I just plan accordingly and do not worry about stopping to charge. So, you can use the car at 100% and below 20% but do not let it sit at those numbers for too long. Some youtuber did a nice video on the breakdown of the batteries and tech. I believe they charge their car to 65% for the slowest battery degradation but again comes down to the user. If you are like me and charge once you come home, 65% is pretty perfect but if you might be busy, charge more but I say always leave a good room in case of anything. 75% for me is great!
If I only had $140K lying around....

I love the payment calculator on one:

View attachment 743916

Can I live in the car?
LOL, I will wait for my awesome price. That has to be a Plaid, I am not into that much speed lolololol.

Reactions: voxel

As a battery nerd (serious.. I have $10K in lithium batteries for RC jets, helis, drones, FPV planes, etc).... it's fine to charge to 100% or discharge to 10% or lower but don't keep lithium batteries at the level for long (i.e days or weeks). There is some gas that develops and cause cells to puff (less a problem with cylindrical cells that Tesla uses but I've seen it) and if kept too low for too low they can fall under the minimum cell voltage.

Tesla's recommendation is industry standard. Charge as necessary to 100% and keep batteries "around storage charge" otherwise.. which ideally is 35-65% at 15-25 Celsius.

If they would honor my price I would take it off their hand :p but I am happy to wait because I should be getting a call here soon to come pick up my car :D cannot wait to see the tint job.

It isn't that you shouldn't use it that low, it is that you shouldn't keep it that low/high. The point is, if you charge to 100%, be sure to use the car to discharge it to avoid degradation. But many articles have proven that even charging it to 100% or supercharging daily has not hurt the batteries to crazy amounts. Frankly, I charge my car to 75% and it gets me 245 miles, similar to my M3. I just know I can do everything I need and more with that much and I have a nice 25% buffer if I need it. I just plan accordingly and do not worry about stopping to charge. So, you can use the car at 100% and below 20% but do not let it sit at those numbers for too long. Some youtuber did a nice video on the breakdown of the batteries and tech. I believe they charge their car to 65% for the slowest battery degradation but again comes down to the user. If you are like me and charge once you come home, 65% is pretty perfect but if you might be busy, charge more but I say always leave a good room in case of anything. 75% for me is great!

LOL, I will wait for my awesome price. That has to be a Plaid, I am not into that much speed lolololol.
I am doing 86% and drive it until 50% and home charge.

As a battery nerd (serious.. I have $10K in lithium batteries for RC jets, helis, drones, FPV planes, etc).... it's fine to charge to 100% or discharge to 10% or lower but don't keep lithium batteries at the level for long (i.e days or weeks). There is some gas that develops and cause cells to puff (less a problem with cylindrical cells that Tesla uses but I've seen it) and if kept too low for too low they can fall under the minimum cell voltage.

Tesla's recommendation is industry standard. Charge as necessary to 100% and keep batteries "around storage charge" otherwise.. which ideally is 35-65% at 15-25 Celsius.
So in general i should do 65% and drive until 35%? I dont drive that much per day so it would be enough. I saw an article that its best to keep it on charge if you are not using it - it keeps the batteries warm.

I said this above but right now I home charge to 86% and drive until 50% and then plug back in.

So in general i should do 65% and drive until 35%? I dont drive that much per day so it would be enough. I saw an article that its best to keep it on charge if you are not using it - it keeps the batteries warm.

I said this above but right now I home charge to 86% and drive until 50% and then plug back in.

We live in Florida... this is perfect battery temperature weather. In summer, we should be cooling the batteries technically.

Storage charge for lithium batteries is basically a range between 30-60% - technically 40% if you want long-term storage (like weeks or months).

C493B717-6CD4-42F5-B567-23CD72C7D272.jpeg

F47DE67F-D94D-4B2E-BEB2-ACE60CE93364.jpeg
90FDA27E-6EF7-4E52-A6A4-6DD8A9521F81.jpeg
21ED06C4-2748-4F81-8620-86383BE9251E.jpeg
0C70C45D-37CF-45F9-BB3F-51965C219170.jpeg

Okay so for those of you in west coast Florida (Tampa peeps) please please consider AJ Tint and Detail mention my name and Tesla forum and he will help you out. We did our own experiment with the XR verse XR Plus and we loved it. If you are someone who is like me and keeps the car outside (no garage space) than Plus is worth the extra money otherwise you can save money and stick with regular. The difference is defiantly noticeable over time and we mean time.

I don’t get any money for helping him but instead it helps a local family (husband and wife) stay in business and clearly you can see they love what they do. So flipping happy at the work they did and will be taking my MS to them for sure. I did a lot of shopping around from tintmanfl to Evstudio but price was my issue. They say you get what you pay for but guess what, I got way way more than what I paid for and they deserved more so I’m here to help them out. Check them out at least and give them a call, super awesome. This is 15 all the way around and 70 on the windshield. It is PERFECT.

If you want XR Plus make sure to mention it. This was their first run with it because most people don’t request it, they are happy with regular XR but they are willing to order it if that is what you want and if enough business they will keep it on stock to advertise it more. I wish I took a picture of the ceramic coat he was doing on a Jeep. That sucker was a shiny candy red, gorgeous. Okay off to school and studying for the last big exam. ❤️ Miss everyone.

We live in Florida... this is perfect battery temperature weather. In summer, we should be cooling the batteries technically.

Storage charge for lithium batteries is basically a range between 30-60% - technically 40% if you want long-term storage (like weeks or months).

View attachment 744156
View attachment 744157View attachment 744158View attachment 744159View attachment 744160

Okay so for those of you in west coast Florida (Tampa peeps) please please consider AJ Tint and Detail mention my name and Tesla forum and he will help you out. We did our own experiment with the XR verse XR Plus and we loved it. If you are someone who is like me and keeps the car outside (no garage space) than Plus is worth the extra money otherwise you can save money and stick with regular. The difference is defiantly noticeable over time and we mean time.

I don’t get any money for helping him but instead it helps a local family (husband and wife) stay in business and clearly you can see they love what they do. So flipping happy at the work they did and will be taking my MS to them for sure. I did a lot of shopping around from tintmanfl to Evstudio but price was my issue. They say you get what you pay for but guess what, I got way way more than what I paid for and they deserved more so I’m here to help them out. Check them out at least and give them a call, super awesome. This is 15 all the way around and 70 on the windshield. It is PERFECT.

If you want XR Plus make sure to mention it. This was their first run with it because most people don’t request it, they are happy with regular XR but they are willing to order it if that is what you want and if enough business they will keep it on stock to advertise it more. I wish I took a picture of the ceramic coat he was doing on a Jeep. That sucker was a shiny candy red, gorgeous. Okay off to school and studying for the last big exam. ❤️ Miss everyone.
can they do it same day? I would drive from Pompano to Tampa to help out a local small business
I have found out through a lot of dealing with contractors and such, "Florida is the sunny state with a lot of shady people!"

View attachment 744156
View attachment 744157View attachment 744158View attachment 744159View attachment 744160

Window tint looks amazing! I would like to do the same but a little nervous about making it so dark. Can I ask if you have any issues with seeing at night with 15%? I turned 50 last year and am paranoid that I don't see as well in the dark.

View attachment 744156

Very Sharp...
Xpel is the way to go with both tint and ppf. The heat and UV rejection of the Prime Plus and Ultimate Plus PPF are second to none. For tint, I used the 70/30 combo on 6 panes.

Reputation, cleanliness, and attention to detail is everything in this line of work. Shop the installer as hard as the product.

Reactions: Samier_RN
View attachment 744156

Just curious why did you do 15 all around and not go lighter on the back so that it was matched front to back? Was that even a consideration? In order to be matched front to back I intend on doing the following with XR Plus.. WS: 45, F: 5, R: 20… hopefully this results in uniform dark at. 😬

Reactions: Samier_RN
15% is way darker than the legal limit for the front driver and passanger widows. In FL, the max. is 28% for those windows let along the much more limited level of tinting allowed nationally (which is also used in many states). Windshields are generally not allowed any tinting except at the top few inches

Last edited:
can they do it same day? I would drive from Pompano to Tampa to help out a local small business
I have found out through a lot of dealing with contractors and such, "Florida is the sunny state with a lot of shady people!"
Yes, they can make that happen with ease. Just call them and let them know, they really try to accommodate as much as they can. Took mine in at noon and done at 5 pm only because the windshield tint was delayed by ups.
Window tint looks amazing! I would like to do the same but a little nervous about making it so dark. Can I ask if you have any issues with seeing at night with 15%? I turned 50 last year and am paranoid that I don't see as well in the dark.
I don’t have any issues and I wear glasses that are tinted yellow to protect from light. So imagine double tinting and I see fine. Is it darker, for sure. I would say to be safe, go 30-45% and still get a clean look and much easier on the eyes.
Very Sharp...
Xpel is the way to go with both tint and ppf. The heat and UV rejection of the Prime Plus and Ultimate Plus PPF are second to none. For tint, I used the 70/30 combo on 6 panes.

Reputation, cleanliness, and attention to detail is everything in this line of work. Shop the installer as hard as the product.
Thanks. That Xpel is for sure the leader for tint. Hands down great look.
Just curious why did you do 15 all around and not go lighter on the back so that it was matched front to back? Was that even a consideration? In order to be matched front to back I intend on doing the following with XR Plus.. WS: 45, F: 5, R: 20… hopefully this results in uniform dark at. 😬
I didn’t care about matching really. I wanted somewhat “legal” (LOL) but dark enough to hide the inside. And since this was a test of the product for him, I didn’t want to have him order a bunch of different %. I didn’t mind at all, honestly, I really love the look.
15% is way darker than the legal limit for the front driver and passanger widows. In FL, the max. is 28% for those windows let along the much more limited level of tinting allowed nationally (which is also used in many states). Windshields are generally not allowed any tinting except at the top few inches
Oh, it is but I also used to work next to police as a firefighter and honestly, pulling someone over for a tint is way on the bottom of their to-do list. Heck, we all drove cars to work with not legal tint but no one cared. However, that is not to say someone can get unlucky and pulled over. I drove next to a cop today and nothing. Heck, I saw a Honda with what had to be 5% all around cause I legit saw only a reflection and nothing.

Last edited: