Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
forget to ask, how much was your XR Plus tint?

I can give you more on the pricing tomorrow. I'm picking Vader up after 12 noon.

GigaTexas may have most, if not all, of the same MY enhancements as GigaBerlin

Gigafactories must be amazing to see in person. Tesla has been piloting improvements in Shanghai before N.A. I'm counting on Austin to bring the best together of Shanghai & Berlin. These plants must be the epitome of efficiency and reconfigurability.
Picked up MYP Tuesday, got windows tinted yesterday. 5% all around and 25% windshield. The white interior makes it feel less dark. All XPEL

View attachment 742461View attachment 742462
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

You ever just turn the AC on full blast to scare them? Lol or jam the music loud! Ahahaha I will say this, comparing the sound and quality of the M3SR+ to this, night and day. The premium features are actually premium and I love having 1 year of connectivity verse a month (even though the price is cheap). I'm still a version behind though because I don't have the camera in my app yet.

I completely agree China and Berlin are making US models look old already but you know what, after driving this...I don't care in the slightest. I'm so happy. Curse you for being right, but I told my mom once I accept my MS, this MY will be hers. Instead of selling it, I'd rather get rid of her Fiat and replace it with something better and safer.

@Hurricane4911 forget to ask, how much was your XR Plus tint?

Finally, baby Endeavor got their first bath and wax! (I love detailing cars)

View attachment 742455View attachment 742456View attachment 742457
Endeavor?
Well, my other favorite vehicle is named Endeavour...
Here she is with the hood "open" in the garage.
😀

Her and I got up close and personal back in the '00s
She didn't run on gasoline either.

Attachments

• End 9.jpg
    End 9.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
6:15 pm day before scheduled pick up and I got a bs text about my car needing additional inspection… after I called several times to confirm as I was selling my only car before picking up. I could have at least kept my car until Sunday if they weren’t such trash communicators and liars. No Uber, no rental coverage, no loaners. How can such an awesome product have such trash customer service …

Here we go...
Just back from APG in Tampa.
PPF...Xpel Prime Plus Ultimate, whole car

Tint... Xpel Prime Plus
30/70, all legal, windshield, sides, hatch

GTechniq Serum Ultra + EXO ceramic

@Samier_RN Tint totaled out to $800 includes windshield.

20211210_125318.jpg

Attachments

• 20211210_144245.jpg
    20211210_144245.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20211210_144209.jpg
    20211210_144209.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211210_144142.jpg
    20211210_144142.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 51
tbh they're trash. they lie, say whatever to get you off the phone. I spoke to ana all day and then they moved my pick up to 5 days later at 6 pm the day before my pickup. I called 10 times to confirm because I was trading in my only car and have a newborn and a middle schooler... Pick up is now Tuesday 12/14 so I had to pay for a rental (which they will not cover). I have 0 expectations for a good experience anymore. Will be happy to take my car and leave.

Here we go...
Just back from APG in Tampa.
PPF...Xpel Prime Plus Ultimate, whole car

Tint... Xpel Prime Plus
30/70, all legal, windshield, sides, hatch

GTechniq Serum Ultra + EXO ceramic

@Samier_RN Tint totaled out to $800 includes windshield.

View attachment 742814
Gorgeous. I’ll be dropping mine off at AJ in Hudson on Monday to get my XR plus 15/70 (70 windshield). We are testing to see how well it works (heat test and more) because they want to start selling it if more people want to use it over the standard XR.

So, once I get it done I’ll post pictures for everyone and it will be featured on their Facebook. Make sure to mention me lol and No I don’t get commission, they are just good people. Family owned. Help support local. Also, I’ll be around more soon.

After ordering my Y in May and having to put it on hold while we closed on our house (which got delayed several times), and after having to reject two VINs, I'm finally taking delivery on Monday 13th in Palm Beach. I'm very excited as I currently drive an aging civic from Loxahatchee to Miami Lakes every day.

I'm not sure if there's a break in period on these like there is on ICE cars, but i expect i'll have it done by the end of the year!

I've already ordered mud flaps, matte screen protector, cell phone holder. Next on the list will be a dedicated charger for the house (we had them wire in a 14-50 by the garage door during construction, but i may switch to hard wire the tesla charger.

Who have you used in Palm Beach area for Tint? I'd prefer mobile since my wifes car needs to get done at the same time.

Thanks! So happy to finally have my Tesla!
You can wire the wall charger to plug into the 14-50. Hardware stores/Amazon sell the plugs. It’s pretty straightforward to do and you get option of 15-50 and wall charger.
That’s what I did. I just ordered a NeoCharge splitter so I can charge 2 MYs at the same time too.

Gorgeous. I’ll be dropping mine off at AJ in Hudson on Monday to get my XR plus 15/70 (70 windshield). We are testing to see how well it works (heat test and more) because they want to start selling it if more people want to use it over the standard XR.

So, once I get it done I’ll post pictures for everyone and it will be featured on their Facebook. Make sure to mention me lol and No I don’t get commission, they are just good people. Family owned. Help support local. Also, I’ll be around more soon.
I agree. He dropped me off at home when I dropped off my wife’s MY and his wife came and picked my up when it was ready.

Reactions: Samier_RN
Picked up my MYP yesterday (12/11) in Tampa.
OD: 11/6
MSM/white/No tow

Pickup was fairly smooth. I had a trade and had to wait around a bit to get helped as they were fairly busy and understaffed (one person picking up was extremely unhappy with their panel gaps and required a lot of extra attention).

The team working was great - they let me have as much time as I wanted with the car, answered all my questions, cleaned up a few minor dirty spots on the interior and even helped me schedule my service for my Homelink install.

The car is great - paint is flawless. Several small panel gaps, but much better than my buddy’s 2020.

I got the 2022 model year, and had all USB ports and the Pirelli tires. No mud flaps or PPF (I had pre-prdered the flaps and installed them myself before driving off the lot. Takes about 30 seconds for each side)

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Service update:
Went in to have the overheat safety system checked and added a few things since I was going.
1. overheat safety system - dont rely on the app its reports much higher temps than the actual car is. They said they can see it is activating just fine
2. Auto high beams come on even if selected off - they will always come on in autopilot to help car see better.
3. Software severely out of date - It takes 4-8 weeks for Tesla office to get you into the system and everything linked up. until then you are stuck at whatever the current factory firmware is sitting at, for my model 3 2021.35.102.2 ( this is kind of funny on my part because once the Model Y comes in this car is gone so I may not ever see a software upgrade)

So basically, a service call to become educated on the car - so be it at least I know when the Y gets here

Well so I made the plunge and ordered a MY today.
MY LR, Blue with Gemini Wheels and Tow, 5 seater. Estimated July 2022

I think somebody local was trying to sell his MYLR Blue reservation if you want something this month. I don't know what happened with it... the price seemed too high for my tastes.

@PcarPilot

Just got notice that my car is ready a day earlier so we’re on our way to pick up my Y. So excited that it came earlier than expected. Friday they said it still wasn’t in Birmingham to catch the next truck.
And it is everything I hoped it would be! Put about 60 miles on it taking the family to dinner right after pickup. I've driven a tesla before this so I knew what to expect. My wife had no clue. She's mesmerized by it. She spent the whole drive fiddling with the options. My 3YO daughter in the back was just happily staring up through the roof watching everything go by; amazing since she can hardly be distracted from her Ipad on a good day!

Looking forward to this journey! We even topped off at a supercharger behind the west delray square after dinner, for shits and giggles. 170mi/hr at that one.
Can't wait for my 14/50 adapter to show up, only getting about 5mi/hr over 110v at home. Will probably upgrade the garage breaker to 30amp to give a little boost until the adapter gets here.

I think somebody local was trying to sell his MYLR Blue reservation if you want something this month. I don't know what happened with it... the price seemed too high for my tastes.

@PcarPilot
Nah, i'm not rushed inthe slightest, in fact I hope it doesn't come before June, we have a 3 so no rush for me. and these people selling reservations are out of control. I'd rather just wait.