Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Florida Crew...
Just wanted to let all know that I'm downloading my first software update since taking delivery on 11/5/2021...about 7 weeks

Was... 2021.36.5.5
Now... 2021.44.6

Some people lose their minds about releases. Tesla delivers 70,000 cars per month across multiple regions, and multiple models.....its complicated 😉

We go to the back of the queue. FYI, I installed Tezlab on my phone. It advised me of the update. Tezlab does an excellent job of collecting data and delivers some seriously cool analytics from charge-to-charge. And that's the free version.

Happy holidays all!
We will be visiting the grandkids in St. Pete. My 8 year old is giving me a game controller for Vader. I will ask him to show me how to use it
😀

Hello Florida Crew...
Just wanted to let all know that I'm downloading my first software update since taking delivery on 11/5/2021...about 7 weeks

Was... 2021.36.5.5
Now... 2021.44.6

Some people lose their minds about releases. Tesla delivers 70,000 cars per month across multiple regions, and multiple models.....its complicated 😉

We go to the back of the queue. FYI, I installed Tezlab on my phone. It advised me of the update. Tezlab does an excellent job of collecting data and delivers some seriously cool analytics from charge-to-charge. And that's the free version.

Happy holidays all!
We will be visiting the grandkids in St. Pete. My 8 year old is giving me a game controller for Vader. I will ask him to show me how to use it
😀
"Some people lose their minds about releases" - yeah I was one but that is Teslas fault. I asked the delivery agent and they said it should be up to date and not that far behind, go to service

The SA said yeah that doesnt look right let me push the new software because it shouldnt be that far out of date - it didnt work and he said make a service appointment to have it checked

Since I was in anyway for something else I asked about it and the actual tech came out and told me how tesla upgrades and you dont get them until the info is straight in the main office which takes 6-8 weeks. No issue now because I understand the process.

More likely to see the first deliveries from Gigatexas next month (Jan. 2022). The grand opening party may be held after the production is already underway. The number of MYs produced for first couple of months will be low.
the guy that posts drone videos every week showed they are missing walls still and also nothing on the inside and no paved parking. Who knows how fast they can get that up and running, my EDD is Feb - Mar so I guess ill see if I get pushed back or a CA build when my VIN is assigned.

Pro of TX build - latest tech, build design
Con: they are going to be adjusting their robots so build quality could be bad, or perfect who knows.

the guy that posts drone videos every week showed they are missing walls still and also nothing on the inside and no paved parking. Who knows how fast they can get that up and running, my EDD is Feb - Mar so I guess ill see if I get pushed back or a CA build when my VIN is assigned.

Pro of TX build - latest tech, build design
Con: they are going to be adjusting their robots so build quality could be bad, or perfect who knows.
Remember the Texas gigafactory is a really big building with different areas in different stages of construction. The areas specifically for battery production and for the cybertruck may be well behind in their construction as compared the areas of the building needed for the MY production. The full factory will probably not be completed until late 2022 but the MY production areas appear to be complete, or nearly so, and the battery production area will probably be complete enough to allow production to begin during the 2nd quarter of 2022.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
I’m in Austin as of today for up to two weeks. Anything you want me to spy on? I didn’t bring my fancy drones… just smaller ones that I gave to my niece :)
Enjoy the holidays Voxel...

Find out what you can on their paint shop. Its supposedly State of the Art like Giga Berlin. I'm keeping my MY @Vladimir*22 . I couldn't get my sorry ass in or out of a MS.

😎

Reactions: Vladimir*22
Remember the Texas gigafactory is a really big building with different areas in different stages of construction. The areas specifically for battery production and for the cybertruck may be well behind in their construction as compared the areas of the building needed for the MY production. The full factory will probably not be completed until late 2022 but the MY production areas appear to be complete, or nearly so, and the battery production area will probably be complete enough to allow production to begin during the 2nd quarter of 2022.
The battery area has the 4680 machines in them already. There was shots of it in the video from a couple days ago.
They’ve been producing car parts so the stamping machine is definitely in and runnin and there’s only one wall of concrete missing and they can put those up in a day I’m sure.
There are also parking spots already paved and marked that are empty in addition to the completed ones used by the construction crew.
I was a couple videos from Jeff Roberts and Joe Stegmeyer almost daily and between both of them, you get a good idea of where they are.

Received a call from the FLL Delivery Center and they offered to move my delivery up from Sunday to tomorrow! The SA mentioned that the vehicle was arriving this afternoon and stated that as long as the inspection didn't find anything, I was free to pick it up. I am a little surprised that they can complete inspection in less than 24 hours, although I suspect that it has something to do with EOQ and wanting to enjoy their holidays.

Question: I received a text about paying off remaining balance and accepting agreements. My plan is to bring a check and hand over once I have a chance to inspect the car but should I go ahead and accept the agreements prior to showing up?

Received a call from the FLL Delivery Center and they offered to move my delivery up from Sunday to tomorrow! The SA mentioned that the vehicle was arriving this afternoon and stated that as long as the inspection didn't find anything, I was free to pick it up. I am a little surprised that they can complete inspection in less than 24 hours, although I suspect that it has something to do with EOQ and wanting to enjoy their holidays.

Question: I received a text about paying off remaining balance and accepting agreements. My plan is to bring a check and hand over once I have a chance to inspect the car but should I go ahead and accept the agreements prior to showing up?
You can pay in person. Paying upfront simply speeds up the process. They won’t mark the delivery complete till you pay and you won’t be able to access the car via the app till they mark delivery complete. Paying upfront makes all that quicker but not actually necessary.

I wonder what the inspection actually inspects? Pretty sure it was inspected before it left for delivery. I'm still mad as hell mine got pushed from the 21st to the 26th.
You’d be surprised how much damages can occur between Fremont and delivery center. People have reported paint scratches, broken windows during transport and other crazier things you’d think would have been caught before leaving the factory.

Ive been talking a lot with Tesla lately because I was curious what the trade in value of my M3P was and was shocked at what they were offering. I dont have an order yet for MYP but the lady at Tesla ive been speaking with made it seem like I would be able to get one pretty soon (like within the next couple of days/week). If you are still waiting for your Tesla give them a call because they want to deliver as many as they can before end of the year.

I heard the battery production part is already up and running in Austin. Likely MY production area isn’t far behind, if not done already. Fingers crossed! My EDD is 1/29-2/26.

I did no issues - I figured if I dont like it I still have the check also you havent accepted delivery until you hand the check IMO

Am I crazy for taking a new car right off the truck on a road trip? Sort of forced to do it cuz of delayed delivery.
Ive been talking a lot with Tesla lately because I was curious what the trade in value of my M3P was and was shocked at what they were offering. I dont have an order yet for MYP but the lady at Tesla ive been speaking with made it seem like I would be able to get one pretty soon (like within the next couple of days/week). If you are still waiting for your Tesla give them a call because they want to deliver as many as they can before end of the year.
@SFLDMD "shocked at what they were offering." can you provide a little more info? A good surprised or a bad surprised? They gave me a great offer on my Durango for trade-in right in the middle of KBB plus trading in at tesla gave me an extra $2000 off taxes

Just wondering because I am trading in the M3 when the MY gets here