Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
posted this in the main MYP delivery thread, but also wanted to post here. took delivery today. had michelins on them, no gaps or misalignments. working wireless charger and usbs. Pretty smooth delivery experience

Attachments

• 26A67A9D-7242-40FF-83C6-28762F6EC496.jpeg
    26A67A9D-7242-40FF-83C6-28762F6EC496.jpeg
    927.1 KB · Views: 70
  • D87233F1-13D9-4B30-AC4D-978BA317AB98.jpeg
    D87233F1-13D9-4B30-AC4D-978BA317AB98.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 51
posted this in the main MYP delivery thread, but also wanted to post here. took delivery today. had michelins on them, no gaps or misalignments. working wireless charger and usbs. Pretty smooth delivery experience
Congrats...
As beautiful as every MY. Enjoy every moment.
Tip,
Dont sweat the software releases. I'm still on my factory 2021.36.5.5.
I see people losing their minds over not getting the "latest" yesterday. Not every version is for every Tesla in every region, around the world.

Cheers!
😎

Reactions: estoyf

I think you're the first FL delivery I've seen that's had Michelins instead of Pirellis. Congrats, my wife has the same config on the way, just awaiting a VIN assignment at this point :)

Reactions: Hurricane4911
I think you're the first FL delivery I've seen that's had Michelins instead of Pirellis. Congrats, my wife has the same config on the way, just awaiting a VIN assignment at this point :)
For what it’s worth I asked the SA on site why the MyP being delivered right next to me had the p zeros and I had the Michelins and she had no clue. There was another post somewhere that had a pretty good hypothesis that the switch to Michelins came around the 3262xx vin with a 12/1 manufacture date. My car has a 12/1 manufacture date so it would seem to hold true

Reactions: solodogg
For what it’s worth I asked the SA on site why the MyP being delivered right next to me had the p zeros and I had the Michelins and she had no clue. There was another post somewhere that had a pretty good hypothesis that the switch to Michelins came around the 3262xx vin with a 12/1 manufacture date. My car has a 12/1 manufacture date so it would seem to hold true

All of the SR+ (or M3 RWD, whatever...) being delivered at Eatonville have Pilot Sport 4's on them like the overseas cars, whereas the LR models still come with MXM4's on them. Only one SA I spoke to knew about them, and she said it was because they were receiving those tires at the same time they were receiving the LFP battery packs from China to help with the shortages in the US.

At this point I'm expecting our MYP to come with the Michelin's as well since yours has a December build date, but either tire is fine by me down here. The Pirelli's on my M3P seem to do just fine so far, the true test will be once rainy season hits.

tbh they're trash. they lie, say whatever to get you off the phone. I spoke to ana all day and then they moved my pick up to 5 days later at 6 pm the day before my pickup. I called 10 times to confirm because I was trading in my only car and have a newborn and a middle schooler... Pick up is now Tuesday 12/14 so I had to pay for a rental (which they will not cover). I have 0 expectations for a good experience anymore. Will be happy to take my car and leave.
Update on your delivery experience in Coral Gables. I’m picking up my MYP next week. I’ve heard horrible stories about coral gables.

We picked up our 3 there
Update on your delivery experience in Coral Gables. I’m picking up my MYP next week. I’ve heard horrible stories about coral gables.
We picked up our 3 there and it was an ok experience, this was almost 3 years ago but overall yea, its pretty crappy. We had set up a test drive there last weekend on the Y, because we wanted to compare it to our 3 and they confirmed via text within the hour and we we arrived not only did the lady skip us over for people that walked in after us but then when I approached her about the scheduled test drive she just very non chalantly was like yes sorry we sold the car and then moved on to someone who was going to either pick up or test drive a model s. I guess we just didn't look right for her, nto sure , and I only know this because when we went to get back in our car, she was out at the model s with those same people. But to say that our overall experience there hasn't been good. We also had to take the 3 after a small rear end fender bender and when they gave the car back it was not only filthy, but not fixed correctly (it literally was a small ding on the rear bumper but we wanted ti taken care of) but the car had like 10%charge. needless to say, my other half was like nope, not taking this now, fix it, clean it and charge it. all i'll say is don't expect much there. The people at dadeland mall on the other hand if you want to order or test drive, they are amazing!!

We picked up our 3 there

We picked up our 3 there and it was an ok experience, this was almost 3 years ago but overall yea, its pretty crappy. We had set up a test drive there last weekend on the Y, because we wanted to compare it to our 3 and they confirmed via text within the hour and we we arrived not only did the lady skip us over for people that walked in after us but then when I approached her about the scheduled test drive she just very non chalantly was like yes sorry we sold the car and then moved on to someone who was going to either pick up or test drive a model s. I guess we just didn't look right for her, nto sure , and I only know this because when we went to get back in our car, she was out at the model s with those same people. But to say that our overall experience there hasn't been good. We also had to take the 3 after a small rear end fender bender and when they gave the car back it was not only filthy, but not fixed correctly (it literally was a small ding on the rear bumper but we wanted ti taken care of) but the car had like 10%charge. needless to say, my other half was like nope, not taking this now, fix it, clean it and charge it. all i'll say is don't expect much there. The people at dadeland mall on the other hand if you want to order or test drive, they are amazing!!
Ft Lauderdale is also amazing!!!!

Well no tax credits -

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said he's a no on the Build Back Better Act, a huge development for legislation where Democrats need his vote to be able to pass this through the Senate.
Manchin has always been a key holdout for the legislation, sharing concerns over certain provisions in the economic bill that would expand the nation's social safety net and how it may exacerbate soaring inflation in the country.
"And I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation. I just can't. I've tried everything humanly possible. I can't get there," he said on "Fox News Sunday." "This is a no on this legislation. I have tried everything I know to do. And the President has worked diligently. He's been wonderful to work with. He knows I've had concerns and the problems I've had and, you know, the thing that we should all be directing our attention towards the variant, a Covid that we have coming back at us in so many different aspects in different ways, it's affecting our lives again."

Delivery Day Tuesday for me!! Does anyone have a checklist link they liked?
there are a lot of them just google - I think they are a little overboard, some I have seen have what looks like 100 items.
I started at the drivers headlight and walked around the entire car
then opened the doors and closed each
then looked at the interior - one side at a time.

I couldnt find anything. I figure if I couldnt see it in 1 hour of looking then its not big enough to care about - but thats just me

but here is one

Last edited:
Reactions: voxel
Well no tax credits -

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said he's a no on the Build Back Better Act, a huge development for legislation where Democrats need his vote to be able to pass this through the Senate.
Manchin has always been a key holdout for the legislation, sharing concerns over certain provisions in the economic bill that would expand the nation's social safety net and how it may exacerbate soaring inflation in the country.
"And I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation. I just can't. I've tried everything humanly possible. I can't get there," he said on "Fox News Sunday." "This is a no on this legislation. I have tried everything I know to do. And the President has worked diligently. He's been wonderful to work with. He knows I've had concerns and the problems I've had and, you know, the thing that we should all be directing our attention towards the variant, a Covid that we have coming back at us in so many different aspects in different ways, it's affecting our lives again."
Ya, I saw that. That doesn’t mean something won’t happen eventually next year and there stands to be a high likely hood that anything they do pass, even if next year, would be retroactive back to the beginning of, next year. It still makes sense to take delivery after the first of the year if at all possible; especially after waiting this long.

Ya, I saw that. That doesn’t mean something won’t happen eventually next year and there stands to be a high likely hood that anything they do pass, even if next year, would be retroactive back to the beginning of, next year. It still makes sense to take delivery after the first of the year if at all possible; especially after waiting this long.

I strongly disagree on the retroactivity. It should not be. It will screw up buyers of PHEV (as much as $3500) and some other EVs that lose eligibility when at time of purchase they were following the current rules are in place. IMO the new law should take effect on signing date to be 100% fair to all. Especially if the bill gets delayed to Feb/March.

I strongly disagree on the retroactivity. It should not be. It will screw up buyers of PHEV (as much as $3500) and some other EVs that lose eligibility when at time of purchase they were following the current rules are in place. IMO the new law should take effect on signing date to be 100% fair to all. Especially if the bill gets delayed to Feb/March.
the Build Back Better bill is dead - they are apparently looking to pass the climate portion that was supported "mostly"
But it will be dead as well if they keep the union incentive in it, or anything to do with coal.
They can start passing portions of the bill not the entire bill, but Covid is now a big topic and 2022 they really stop working and start focusing on re-elections.