Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue/White/20s/TOW

Original order July 24th
Rejected delivery Nov 8th
Placed on hold until 1/1/22

Jan 5th - Estimated Delivery January 21 - February 16
Jan 20 - Estimated Delivery February 11 - March 11
Feb 2 - Estimated Delivery February 17 - March 3

Anyone here had their order on hold until new year and already took delivery?

Blue/White/20s/TOW

Original order July 24th
Rejected delivery Nov 8th
Placed on hold until 1/1/22

Jan 5th - Estimated Delivery January 21 - February 16
Jan 20 - Estimated Delivery February 11 - March 11
Feb 2 - Estimated Delivery February 17 - March 3

Anyone here had their order on hold until new year and already took delivery?

I was forced off hold two weeks ago. Any order older than 120 days is being unheld or will be canceled is my guess. My M3SR+ should be getting the threatening email soon.

I took delivery yesterday of a red/white MYLR.

Reactions: Juanpa
So you think 3M is better? That quote you got is only for the xPEL ya? Do you know what % the back windows come with? TY!
No, I don’t think 3M is better. Just depends on the look you’re going for and the shop you want to deal with. Most places are either 3M or Xpel, not both. The Xpel usually runs darker than 3M at a given value… aside from that they’re comparable and the technical specifications are nearly identical, especially in the real world. The other difference I think may be the “base color” of the films… meaning what the outside is going to look like from the inside. Some are brownish, blueish, grayish. I forget which ones look like what… you should make sure to check into that; I’m going to have to check into it now that I think about it.

I believe the rear and top come tinted at 22% or thereabouts. I’m trying to go for 5% all the way around.

Reactions: Juanpa
So for you guys who have taken delivery, any regrets ? After 5 months of waiting I feel myself wavering.

The Y was my backup to a Cybertruck which didn't happen I never liked the single touch screen but figured I could live with it or add something aftermarket. I also know that the posted range was not real but being in florida I would get somewhat better range then most others who have icy winters.

I'm going to ride this out regardless (I still need a car and I already have too many extras in boxes waiting)

So for you guys who have taken delivery, any regrets ? After 5 months of waiting I feel myself wavering.

The Y was my backup to a Cybertruck which didn't happen I never liked the single touch screen but figured I could live with it or add something aftermarket. I also know that the posted range was not real but being in florida I would get somewhat better range then most others who have icy winters.

I'm going to ride this out regardless (I still need a car and I already have too many extras in boxes waiting)

You've never owned a Tesla?

Dashboards are useless IMO. The Y's problem is the rear visibility, mediocre turning radius, lack of 360 camera, and lack of cross traffic alerts that I got used to in other "modern" cars. Dense busy parking lots are annoying with the Y.

Do I regret the Y? No.. I just wish it arrived a few months later even though I ordered back in August 2021. I had just bought a new RAV4 Prime and was enjoying that and this dumped into my lap.

Reactions: CRIMSON_DATE

What would you get instead of the Y? After getting a M3SR+ for my wife and me driving around in a manual smart car since August, I can’t wait for my Y and couldn’t picture myself in any other car (except maybe and S, X or eventual Cybertruck (which I plan to get as well)). 😬

What would you get instead of the Y? After getting a M3SR+ for my wife and me driving around in a manual smart car since August, I can’t wait for my Y and couldn’t picture myself in any other car (except maybe and S, X or eventual Cybertruck (which I plan to get as well)). 😬

I do like the cadillac, Ioniq 5 and the rivian . If they were actually available at the same time I may have gone a different route (today) . I was more on the side of the Model Y when I ordered it then I am today. The EDD game is getting old and seeing that the Phantom breaking issue isn't even being acknowledged after 6+ months is a concern. Autopilot is definitley a selling point (they can keep fsd) . Some of the people who will be driving this car don't react too well to surprises and I am concerned (slightly) it could cause an accident instead of prevent one when an 80+ gets behind the wheel and the brakes are applied with an alert.

I do like the cadillac, Ioniq 5 and the rivian . If they were actually available at the same time I may have gone a different route (today) . I was more on the side of the Model Y when I ordered it then I am today. The EDD game is getting old and seeing that the Phantom breaking issue isn't even being acknowledged after 6+ months is a concern. Autopilot is definitley a selling point (they can keep fsd) . Some of the people who will be driving this car don't react too well to surprises and I am concerned (slightly) it could cause an accident instead of prevent one when an 80+ gets behind the wheel and the brakes are applied with an alert.
We haven’t had any phantom breaking?

...pedals were the hardest thing to put on...

When I got my new Model X LR+ last March I debated Tesla vs. aftermarket metal pedal covers. Finally purchased (expensive) Tesla ones, and they were installed by mobile tech guy. He really struggled. So glad it was his (young) and not my (old) fingers. Worth the extra cost. (Look good.)

People suggest tricks for aftermarket pedal covers (place in hot water first; heat gun; soapy water; etc.). Not sure anything works on the Tesla OEM ones.