Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posted

Folks who have picked up this year, can you check and see if you have games that require controller in your Arcade (sonic, cupbead) and if your front usb-c ports work?
Picked up last week and noticed I was missing about 5 games. Figured they’ll come in on next update. Then I plugged in a controller last night and nothing. Plugged in my phone too, nothing in any of the ports.
Did some sears this morning and found out they took data ability from the front ports and they are now charging only and so games requiring controllers are no longer included.
Apparently, even the manual has been updated to say vehicles after 11/1 are charging ports only and not data ports.

This sucks. What’s the point of all the Ian ports if you can’t use them for data except the one in the glovebox.
My wife’s 21 MY is better than my 22 MY. It has more useful features than mine. Only plus mine has is the Ryzen chip but what’s the use when I can’t even play games that would take advantage of it.
Waiting to see what service says.

I read that Bluetooth controllers don’t connect but let me know if it works for you.
What sucks more if they didn’t install the games. I’m missing all the games that require a controller

I think you are right. I would need a USB Bluetooth controller dongle. Hoping Tesla fixes this in an update. Bluetooth controllers are very common now. ie PS5 and the new XBSX ones.

Ceramic coated and xpel ppf and xpel tints all around.

Will keep an eye and see what others are doing.

Attachments

• 20220206_161656.jpg
    20220206_161656.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 65
i picked my car up after 11/1 and my controller ports work. I have a hub with an SD card and an Xbox controller plugged in and both work, (the cord to the hub is short so i picked up an extension cord, that did not work)
Looks like you may have been one of the lucky few who got the remaining inventory with data.
A couple companies have apparently made replacement parts to reconnect the data piece which makes me wonder why Tesla couldn’t.
Will see if I want to go that route. No point replacing the hub if it won’t enable the games.

Anyone have any data on typical time from VIN to pickup for Florida? I'm thinking its got to be 2-4 weeks, but I was curious if anyone had looked into it for FL.
A friend got VIN on Friday (2/4) and on Sunday scheduled delivery for February 21
I got VIN yesterday (2/6) and my window is Feb 22-26

I believe it's an option but has anyone here not been physically present for delivery? Of coarse I am not going to be home that week of estimated delivery and might have to ask a friend to take delivery.

Reactions: BnGrm
A friend got VIN on Friday (2/4) and on Sunday scheduled delivery for February 21
I got VIN yesterday (2/6) and my window is Feb 22-26

I believe it's an option but has anyone here not been physically present for delivery? Of coarse I am not going to be home that week of estimated delivery and might have to ask a friend to take delivery.
For Florida, pick up is usually 2 weeks after VIN. Car has to travel by rail to Alabama and then by truck to service center. They tend to take the full 2 weeks too give or take a day

Reactions: BnGrm and voxel
I was hesitant to post the name of the shop because I still don’t have my MY yet and therefore have not personally had them do any work for me and I also don’t know anyone who they’ve done work for… yet, either. At any rate, I reached back out to the owner and confirmed the following… 1) it is Xpel XR Plus, 2) it is for every window including the windshield, but not the roof, 3) the film is cut on the car to ensure the edges are done properly, 4) the price for a MY is $400. Sounds like an extremely good deal and based on this confirmation, I, do intend on taking my car to them when I get it! That being said, I now feel comfortable passing along what shop it is and would love to hear about any of your guys’ experiences if you decide to use them!

The shop is “Exotic Wraps” in Boca Raton, FL. Their website is… Exotic Wraps – Exotic Wraps in Boca Raton services color change vinyl wraps, commercial fleet, and boat wraps. Woman-owned with 5-star custom work.

Please, if anyone uses them, feel free to mention my name and definitely please report back to us how everything went!
They told me it was Xpel platinum. Does anyone know the difference?

Anyone have any Xpel tint recommendations in the Orlando area? Tint Man blocked me from their Insta page for simply asking why they chose to do 20% instead of 30% film for a match on the 2 front doors of a MYP. The place I typically go carries FormulaOne, but their 30% has a 33% VLT and would be lighter than the factory smoked windows, and so far I've had no luck getting him to place an order for the 25% roll that would be a dead match for the rears.

Might have to roll over to Tampa if all else fails and check out Auto Paint Guard. XR Black 30% seems like it would be a very close match for the OEM rears.

Anyone have any Xpel tint recommendations in the Orlando area? Tint Man blocked me from their Insta page for simply asking why they chose to do 20% instead of 30% film for a match on the 2 front doors of a MYP. The place I typically go carries FormulaOne, but their 30% has a 33% VLT and would be lighter than the factory smoked windows, and so far I've had no luck getting him to place an order for the 25% roll that would be a dead match for the rears.

Might have to roll over to Tampa if all else fails and check out Auto Paint Guard. XR Black 30% seems like it would be a very close match for the OEM rears.
I did a good amount of shopping for XPEL Stealth and XPEL Prime XR Tint around the Tampa/St. Pete area, Orlando area, and Jacksonville area. The best price I got by far was from a shop in Jacksonville. They are going to wrap my MYP with XPEL stealth, ceramic coat over it, full tint the car in XPEL Prime XR, and paint the emblems and replace them all for under $6k. I live in St. Petersburg and will be using a carrier service to transport the car from here to Jacksonville so I don't have to drive back and fourth and even with that cost it still saves me over $2,000 from the next best quote I got in Tampa.

AFP CLEARSHIELD AND TINT
59 Lee Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32225

Reactions: solodogg