Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t you want to be pushed out? You will get an Austin build with Intel :)
I started this whole process back in April of last year wanting an Austin build and expecting it to happen by October. I sold my car in August. I let them unassign my VIN once in November hoping for the tax credit, but at this point I’m really hoping for all the latest and greatest and from Austin by my birthday (4/22). 😬

Reactions: voxel
Hey,
Checking back with my favorite thread on TMC. So much to learn, and lots of money to spend on tech. I'm in retirement heaven 😀

2022.4.5 dropped last night for me. They cleaned up a few things on the display. Tesla really messed up on V11. Tesla Fi is a must have app to keep track of software deployments. Be advised, don't lose sleep waiting for an update. New deliveries go to the back of the line.

Vader (my MYLR) has been nothing short of awesome. Build quality far exceeded expectations. I have a late 2021 with a 296xxx VIN, just 3 weeks before the switch. Two things I wish I had were the LiON 12v battery and dual pane glass all around. When my Florida 12v finally fries, I'm doing the conversion. Real happy I took the stock wheels. $300 spent on the Rimetrix covers was money well spent. I also did full ppf and ceramic.

Truth be told, the Intel Atom is fast enough today. I'm a bit stunned by the loss of range for the Ryzen. Something like 15 miles? Air suspension would also be sweet.

I am more than happy to share experiences. Just tag me or drop me a pm.

Cheers!
🍻

Had an Intel demo Y in the fall and an AMD red/white Y and I don't see a difference really. I don't use Netflix or Youtube :)

I had 20" on the demo Y and 19" on the new Y. I do notice the lesser grip on the 19" but have not noticed a range improvement yet (using TeslaFi to track efficiency - will be trying a longer road trip soon).

Hi, I'm in Orlando and new to this site/forum. If it helps anyone I ordered a MYLR White Ex/Black In w/ Tow Hitch on the 3rd week of Jan. Yesterday, I changed to the MYP White/Black/Tow Hitch and this morning I was assigned a VIN and an EDD of the end of FEb/beginning of March.

I chatted with the Tesla and this is what they told me about my vehicle:

"So performance model will all come with the 21’’ Überturbine Wheels all year tires. The Vehicles built after Jan 6th will have the Amd chip and vehicles built after Nov 18th 2021 will all have the li-ion battery."

So then I asked if my VIN corresponds to a Post-Jan 6 build and they said yes and all of the above apply.

Do ya'll think this information is reliable or is it just general blah blah blah that they tell everyone?

I'm still gonna take delivery regardless.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: voxel
Hi, I'm in Orlando and new to this site/forum. If it helps anyone I ordered a MYLR White Ex/Black In w/ Tow Hitch on the 3rd week of Jan. Yesterday, I changed to the MYP White/Black/Tow Hitch and this morning I was assigned a VIN and an EDD of the end of FEb/beginning of March.

"So performance model will all come with the 21’’ Überturbine Wheels all year tires. The Vehicles built after Jan 6th will have the Amd chip and vehicles built after Nov 18th 2021 will all have the li-ion battery."

So then I asked if my VIN corresponds to a Post-Jan 6 build and they said yes and all of the above apply.

Do ya'll think this information is reliable or is it just general blah blah blah that they tell everyone?

I'm still gonna take delivery regardless.

Thanks in advance!

I'd ask the main MYP thread.

I do know that MYLR after a certain date (1/9 or 1/6) had AMD + 15V li-ion. The MYLR that I picked up 2/2 had both. MYP... who knows. I hear reports of folks getting Intel... maybe from leftover stock. MYP is much quicker delivery of course.

It depends on the last 6 of your VIN. starting somewhere in the NF376xxx range they switched from AMD back to Intel. Haven't heard of anyone with a VIN higher than that confirming AMD processor yet.

Sitting at 2/25-3/25 for at least the last 4 months...question for others with same date range - what is your thinking around our batch being the first from Texas. I personally don't mind being in the first months batch, but just want to ensure the Y is 4680 & 1 piece front. My plan is if I get a vin in the next 10 days or so that indicates Fremont, then I'm going to put it on hold to try to ensure Texas.
MYLR / 20"/MSM & Black/Tow/OD 9/18

Sitting at 2/25-3/25 for at least the last 4 months...question for others with same date range - what is your thinking around our batch being the first from Texas. I personally don't mind being in the first months batch, but just want to ensure the Y is 4680 & 1 piece front. My plan is if I get a vin in the next 10 days or so that indicates Fremont, then I'm going to put it on hold to try to ensure Texas.
MYLR / 20"/MSM & Black/Tow/OD 9/18

It looks like they have been pushing out EDD's like crazy, Certification may be taking longer or they have to make a change. But ultimatley I think it depends upon whereand when they ship to first. If they come to FLorida first and deliveries start in february then you have a good shot. But if they start in march ,being end of quarter it is more likely that Texas and the areas near will get first shot so they can pump up the Q1 numbers. Just like what happens in Fremont.

It looks like they have been pushing out EDD's like crazy, Certification may be taking longer or they have to make a change. But ultimatley I think it depends upon whereand when they ship to first. If they come to FLorida first and deliveries start in february then you have a good shot. But if they start in march ,being end of quarter it is more likely that Texas and the areas near will get first shot so they can pump up the Q1 numbers. Just like what happens in Fremont.
Logic checks. Question: you and I ordered basically same vehicle same specs same time and your EDD is 2 months further out....do you have some strange option?

Logic checks. Question: you and I ordered basically same vehicle same specs same time and your EDD is 2 months further out....do you have some strange option?

Bad Luck... :).

Tesla wants you to take a picture of the Dash of your trade-in while its running. My POS was down for 2 months (had a backup) , I didn't think much about it since My origional EDD wasn't until FEB. In Mid November I got the car running and was able to complete the trade-in info and profile . Found out later that they go by profile complete date and not Order date .