Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had ordered a MYLR the same as my existing 0062xx MY on Feb 1. A month or so ago I changed the color to blue as my current one. The EDD went from Oct-Nov to Nov-Feb. I saw quite a few people changed their order to a MYP to get it sooner.. I decided to do that a week ago. All of a sudden I have a VIN and an EDD of 06/24-28. This is a surprise. I guess I should be getting ready for it. A couple days ago the EDD was Aug-Oct and now this. This VIN is 465xxx. Thoughts?
You're lucky as *sugar* and half this thread hates your guts. 🤣

I had ordered a MYLR the same as my existing 0062xx MY on Feb 1. A month or so ago I changed the color to blue as my current one. The EDD went from Oct-Nov to Nov-Feb. I saw quite a few people changed their order to a MYP to get it sooner.. I decided to do that a week ago. All of a sudden I have a VIN and an EDD of 06/24-28. This is a surprise. I guess I should be getting ready for it. A couple days ago the EDD was Aug-Oct and now this. This VIN is 465xxx. Thoughts?
Thoughts. Congrats.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
I ordered my standard LRMY in July (2021) in Central Florida and my EDD shows September - November. I tried to call Tesla customer service and kept getting the shortage/COVID excuse.
there are a lot of people that have said if you ordered White, black interior, 5 seat, standard wheels you are in the bottom of the barrel on getting a car, plus I think that has the longest wait list. You have to do a paint upgrade to get moved up the list. I dont know if thats true.

I have been posting on the MYP delivery boards.

I am in in Palm Beach

Ordered MYP on 4/28 Black/Blue no tow no FSD

First EDD: July 17 - Aug 21

About 2 weeks ago I was bumped up to June 16 - June 29. Stayed at that date for a while and was getting ready.

Then yesterday BUMPED ALL THE WAY BACK again to original EDD of July 17 - Aug 21

Got sucked in then spit out by Tesla

Reactions: Horty4
I have been posting on the MYP delivery boards.

I am in in Palm Beach

Ordered MYP on 4/28 Black/Blue no tow no FSD

First EDD: July 17 - Aug 21

About 2 weeks ago I was bumped up to June 16 - June 29. Stayed at that date for a while and was getting ready.

Then yesterday BUMPED ALL THE WAY BACK again to original EDD of July 17 - Aug 21

Got sucked in then spit out by Tesla
You have a later OD so that new EDD is about right. It’ll be over 3 months from my ODD to expected delivery.

Reactions: Mark52479
You have a later OD so that new EDD is about right. It’ll be over 3 months from my ODD to expected delivery.
Seems that way

And I made the stupid mistake of doing the financing BEFORE my VIN. I got too excited.

Interest rates are going up this WED. And then again probably end of July. So monthly payments will be going up for many.

I think that might cause some cancelations.

Seems that way

And I made the stupid mistake of doing the financing BEFORE my VIN. I got too excited.

Interest rates are going up this WED. And then again probably end of July. So monthly payments will be going up for many.

I think that might cause some cancelations.

Gentlemen- I was on I 95 between PGA and Northlake 20 mins ago... saw a car transporter truck with a bunch of Y's heading southbound....

I saw red, white and blue.... getting ready for the holiday... no Black...:(

cheers

there are a lot of people that have said if you ordered White, black interior, 5 seat, standard wheels you are in the bottom of the barrel on getting a car, plus I think that has the longest wait list. You have to do a paint upgrade to get moved up the list. I dont know if thats true.
Wow, damn I would have never thought I will be waiting this long. But, you are right I could and I tried but that would only go for orders on August 1st, and further that you could do that and stay with the locked-in price you got it for. If I change it then my locked-in price will be voided and increase to the current price. I ordered mine on July 27th, so my luck I can't do it. It's just frustrating waiting this long.

Only people with order dates starting at SEP 2021 were allowedto make changes . Orders prior to September 2021 were never eligable for order changes
That is not what I've read online and multiple confirmations from people on Twitter. It starts on August 1st. I am not sure if this has changed since March but I've been up to date on this.

I read the standard range starts at 60K - They are starting to get ridiculous on their pricing
All the pricing is ridiculous at this poiunt...
The SR is actually in line with the LR pricing . The only real difference between the LR and the SR is the size of the battery pack. If take the cost of the battery and remove about 15-17% (size difference). and remove that % cost of the battery then the price looks about right .

If this was a LFP battery I would expect a larger price differential

I read the standard range starts at 60K - They are starting to get ridiculous on their pricing
yes. I have the option to take it; it usually starts at 60K, which I've been looking at daily. I attached a screenshot so you could see it.

Attachments

• Tesla.PNG
    Tesla.PNG
    66.2 KB · Views: 71
yes. I have the option to take it; it usually starts at 60K, which I've been looking at daily. I attached a screenshot so you could see it.
Thank you - I would be interested if it were cheaper, I dont need the range just the space and comfort. I got my Y when it was cheaper so adding Red and Tow still put me under $59K. Maybe in a few years the prices will start to come back down, Elon said they are too expensive and the only reason they are raising prices is to slow down purchases so they can catch up. I call BS on that - all they would have to do is stop taking orders and that would allow them to catch up. I think this is going to be like the airlines with their bag tax years ago " we are only do a bag fee to help with the price of fuel increase" and they have never gotten rid of it. Since Elon owns most of the stock and the company and doesnt really care about money maybe he will drop the prices back down.

Thank you - I would be interested if it were cheaper, I dont need the range just the space and comfort. I got my Y when it was cheaper so adding Red and Tow still put me under $59K. Maybe in a few years the prices will start to come back down, Elon said they are too expensive and the only reason they are raising prices is to slow down purchases so they can catch up. I call BS on that - all they would have to do is stop taking orders and that would allow them to catch up. I think this is going to be like the airlines with their bag tax years ago " we are only do a bag fee to help with the price of fuel increase" and they have never gotten rid of it. Since Elon owns most of the stock and the company and doesnt really care about money maybe he will drop the prices back down.
Yeah, I understand I am debating on taking it. I currently don't have a car and waiting for my MY now. But, waiting another 3 - 4 months is insane but yet again I already waited almost a year, so waiting a few more months shouldn't hurt.

Regarding the price, well Elon explained in the quarterly meeting that the price hike is due to a supply shortage. Mostly nickel since it was used to create batteries. Other shortages are also making the price go up. Also, they upgraded the processor which is another cause. In the meeting, he mentioned he was going to stop taking orders soon to catch up with demand but they just opened orders to Australia and New Zealand so I don't think they will stop taking orders. Action speaks louder than words. Only time could tell.