Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Chief! Welcome to the forums. I just wanted to give some friendly advice about quotes. You can do multiquote instead of replying to every post individually. Just hit the +Quote button on each post you reply to. It adds it to the reply box at the bottom of the screen. This makes it easier for you and cleaner for everyone else.

Again, welcome to the forums, from a fellow Coloradan!
Thank you!

Does anyone think that they might lower the price of the X just enough to get a 7-seater within the $80k limit for the tax rebate? Probably not a smart move money-wise, still, but it does become tempting to think of getting a brand new car with 'free' trips 'forever', and satisfy the spouse's maternal desire for more room and more seats (S -> X).

The after-tax difference between a 7-seater Y with some options and the no-tax-break 7-seater X is huge... ~$44 vs $84, give or take. But not sure if the Y quite does it in terms of interior space for the tons of stuff we bring on trips.

Does anyone think that they might lower the price of the X just enough to get a 7-seater within the $80k limit for the tax rebate? Probably not a smart move money-wise, still, but it does become tempting to think of getting a brand new car with 'free' trips 'forever', and satisfy the spouse's maternal desire for more room and more seats (S -> X).

The after-tax difference between a 7-seater Y with some options and the no-tax-break 7-seater X is huge... ~$44 vs $84, give or take. But not sure if the Y quite does it in terms of interior space for the tons of stuff we bring on trips.

They would have to lower it a lot to make it worth it for me. But that’s just me trying to justify the price difference between the Y and X.

I would be interested to see what the take rate is for this FUSC offer - are more buyers transferring to an S/X, or are they getting a Y? If it’s the latter, then I could see price cuts on the X to make it more attractive to prospective buyers. Especially towards the end of 4Q, Tesla might be willing to do some bigger incentives to meet sales goals. The price in the MYLR did increase $500 just recently.

But then again, it is Tesla we are talking about. Everything is fair game.

Look at line item #4 on the FUSC transfer agreement. It is very clear that transferring the car to a new owner will remove the FUSC.

So the only way for me to use this is to buy an SC01 car really cheap, then transfer it to a new Y. I am in the market for 2 cars but son wants a civic :(, wife is flexible

Y third row is TINY. The seats are similar to X but no leg room. Good for kids

For most people I would think that the FUSC transfer offer doesn't make much sense, when comparing a discounted inventory car to the required full price for this transfer. However, I'm in because more than half my miles are road trips and I'd guess that my free Supercharging would have been worth about $8000 at today's prices. There is also the psychological benefit of setting out on a multi-thousand mile road trip and knowing that the fuel cost is zero.

Made the long trek over the mountains to do some test drives of the Y and S. Only got as far as the Y, with which I was very impressed. So, swapping my 2014 S-60, with 164,000 miles, for a Y LR with a trailer hitch. It is big enough for my air mattress in the back for overnight stops at campgrounds, where I plug-in to the RV pedestal. Easy exit with the hatch, as with my old S.

Double the range and quadruple the Supercharging speed should make my frequent road trips a LOT easier! AWD will help with getting up my long, steep driveway in winter (it is snowing here tonight).

Is it okay to use a referral link with this deal? Or is that a non starter

Non-starter for two reasons:

1. You can't use a referral link as an existing customer.
    • You can't do a transfer if you are a new customer, as you would have nothing to transfer from.
  2. The terms specifcally call out that you can't use refer-and-earn with the FUSC transfer.
    • Which includes the "loyalty" discount.

What I'm understanding is
1. Sign the FUSC form acknowledging the transfer
2. A referral credit automatically applied and I can't get rid of it
3. Sales will remove that referral credit upon delivery

Overall, safe to say the transfer will go through successfully and smoothly. I fear sales will f up and I'm stuck with two cars

Can you reject delivery if the car has issues?

Reactions: ChiefRollo
What I'm understanding is
1. Sign the FUSC form acknowledging the transfer
2. A referral credit automatically applied and I can't get rid of it
3. Sales will remove that referral credit upon delivery

Overall, safe to say the transfer will go through successfully and smoothly. I fear sales will f up and I'm stuck with two cars

Can you reject delivery if the car has issues?
The terms show that if you return the new car you will completely lose FUSC. You can only transfer it once & the VIN has to be on the paperwork before delivery. So that sounds like if you reject delivery because the new car has issues you would lose FUSC.

The terms show that if you return the new car you will completely lose FUSC. You can only transfer it once & the VIN has to be on the paperwork before delivery. So that sounds like if you reject delivery because the new car has issues you would lose FUSC.
It may not be just that. If the supercharger transfer form has been completed and approved (once the VIN becomes available), the FUSC will be removed from the original car; it's simply a matter of timing. If the deal goes through as planned, the transfer will take place 3-5 days or so after the receipt of the new car. If the deal is cancelled or changed, I believe / fear it's also gone (from the original car). The positive however is once it (the transfer form) is approved, the transfer will happen...regardless of delivery date (even if later than 12/31/2023).

I'm still without a VIN for my X hence my submitted form has yet to be approved. My EDD in the mean time has been delayed twice; as long as I will get the VIN and my transfer form approved, I don't mind waiting into Q1 of next year to receive the new car. In fact, it's my preference.

Careful. The contract verbiage says:

Take delivery of your new titled Tesla vehicle between October 20, 2023 and December 31, 2023.
I can't imagine such injustice would exist; the trade-off to our willingness to lose the FUSC on the original car once the transfer is approved for getting it on the new car regardless of delivery date seems sensible. The alternative of not getting the new car by 12/31/2023 (hence no transfer at all) and losing it on the original car through no fault of our own is simply not imaginable.

I can't imagine such injustice would exist; the trade-off to our willingness to lose the FUSC on the original car once the transfer is approved for getting it on the new car regardless of delivery date seems sensible. The alternative of not getting the new car by 12/31/2023 (hence no transfer at all) and losing it on the original car through no fault of our own is simply not imaginable.

Tesla is only doing this to juice their 4Q sales results, hence October 20, 2023 and December 31, 2023. If you accepted delivery of that X in Q1 of next year then it wouldn't help Q4 of this year. I'm happy they're offering the FUSC transfer at all. I wasn't expecting it but then it was always a card they had if they ran into a weak quarter.

Tesla is only doing this to juice their 4Q sales results, hence October 20, 2023 and December 31, 2023. If you accepted delivery of that X in Q1 of next year then it wouldn't help Q4 of this year. I'm happy they're offering the FUSC transfer at all. I wasn't expecting it but then it was always a card they had if they ran into a weak quarter.
I wasn't expecting it either...but was hoping it could be true someday. My 2018 75D MS seems to take longer to supercharge and its battery capacity holds around 200 miles (I think). Would love the new S or X that both charges faster and has longer range for my future (post early retirement) cross-country travels; the price discount leading to $12.5k tax rebate tipped the scale toward the X (less range than the S but much better than my S).