Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, technically Tesla doesn‘t know anything about you selling the car, they know if it changes accounts. So you should be okay with selling it, but don‘t transfer accounts prematurely?!
The first requirement for the transfer is that you are the legal owner of the car when you take delivery of the new car.

“To ensure eligibility for this program, the following requirements must be met:

1. You are the legal and registered owner of a Tesla vehicle that currently has free Supercharging at the time of delivery of your new Model S, Model X or Model Y.”

Reactions: Bacalao
Tesla will not come to your home and check if you still physically own the car, they want it to be in your Tesla-account.
I will still own mine, have it in my account, it will be at my home, but it want have number plates as I need them for m new car.
I don‘t think they mean that it needs plates when they say „registered“, but that it needs to be in your account.
I am still the legal owner, anyway!?

They are limiting the financial liability of new FUSC cars by making it non-transferable when selling the car. They are making us "pay" for it by requiring that the car be full price, as opposed to a discounted inventory car. (How much is Free Supercharging $SC05 really worth to the people who do the vast majority of charging at home? $1000? $2000? More?)

Hmm.. where does it say the discounted inventory cars are not eligible for supercharging transfer?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231119_062415_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_062415_Samsung Internet.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 48
We're taking advantage of the UFSC transfer, and have been scheduled for delivery next week. They're saying we can/should click the transfer supercharging button on the Tesla App now, but I hesitate to do so until we formally accept delivery. What do folks who have gone through this suggest? (I for sure know we shouldn't sell the old car beforehand...)

We're taking advantage of the UFSC transfer, and have been scheduled for delivery next week. They're saying we can/should click the transfer supercharging button on the Tesla App now, but I hesitate to do so until we formally accept delivery. What do folks who have gone through this suggest? (I for sure know we shouldn't sell the old car beforehand...)

I had the same qualms. I didn't click through until I was ok with the new car. *But*, it caused an issue because of the $250 credit that gets waived if you transfer. It changes the paperwork, and they have to go back through the insurance company and get re-stamped.

The delivery team didn't get the updated docs in time and I had to leave empty handed. Pick-up is rescheduled for a few days out. Which I'm ok with as I'm still wondering if I shouldn't transfer to a model Y, and use the extra cash to buy a travel travel or redo a bathroom.

Bottom line is that delivery day is a hassle if you don't click through. But I think it's fine to click through as long as you don't think you might completely cancel your order. If you're on the fence at all, don't click through but be prepared to spend the day there.

Reactions: Dylan McNamee
Have had experience with 5 Teslas to date, two for / with my in-laws; I can say without reservation that I have zero concern. I’m not declaring all have been perfect for everyone; minor imperfections can be taken care of. Anything major would be outliers. As I am typically in the ordinary portion of the bell curve, I find this level of concern (just as I do the hope of winning the lottery someday) unrelatable.

Has anyone recently tried to order and initiate the free SC transfer to a new model X? Delivery estimates are in 2024. The FAQ of the free SC transfer says a 2024 delivery is ok if delivery was originally scheduled for 2023. But there is no way to get one in 2023. I would actually prefer an early 2024 delivery. But only if the free SC could transfer.

Wondering if anyone has already walked this path before I venture down it.

Has anyone recently tried to order and initiate the free SC transfer to a new model X? Delivery estimates are in 2024. The FAQ of the free SC transfer says a 2024 delivery is ok if delivery was originally scheduled for 2023. But there is no way to get one in 2023. I would actually prefer an early 2024 delivery. But only if the free SC could transfer.

Wondering if anyone has already walked this path before I venture down it.

A lot of people of done this, but you would need to pick something that can be reasonably delivered this year, but has a chance of being delivered next. You could try putting it on vacation hold for 2 weeks if you do get assigned a VIN. Or, if you really want the transfer, just pick something out from inventory.

We will be picking up our new Y tomorrow and there seems to be a newer process. After reserving I clicked an option in the app to transfer our free SC. Now there are no documents visible to me that show this. Tesla rep says that they can see the intent to transfer was checked on their end, and that the transfer WILL take place and show up on our new Y's specs in the app within 72 hours after delivery. I guess we'll be biting our nails until that happens.

We will be picking up our new Y tomorrow and there seems to be a newer process. After reserving I clicked an option in the app to transfer our free SC. Now there are no documents visible to me that show this. Tesla rep says that they can see the intent to transfer was checked on their end, and that the transfer WILL take place and show up on our new Y's specs in the app within 72 hours after delivery. I guess we'll be biting our nails until that happens.

I think you will be okay. There was no app option to transfer SC when we bought our Y. The entire process was handled through the Tesla app chat. Even then, there was no visible document.

Sounds like it might finally be time (for me) to upgrade.
We’re thinking about it too after seeing the news today. But what’s the value of it? I saw an inventory Y in the exact configuration we’d order with a $5k discount. Why would we want to pass us the $5k discount for FUSC? What’s the catch with an inventory car with a discount?

We’re thinking about it too after seeing the news today. But what’s the value of it? I saw an inventory Y in the exact configuration we’d order with a $5k discount. Why would we want to pass us the $5k discount for FUSC? What’s the catch with an inventory car with a discount?

If it’s the same offer, and I haven’t read any new/updated details from Tesla, it would only apply to full price vehicles. And that’s a personal decision for each individual. $5k buys a lot of supercharging.

Reactions: nagev1