Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the fence but just took advantage of it to upgrade my MS, coming out of 2020 Raven. I had already placed my order due to the fact my car was deemed unrepairable recently. Tesla SC and Tesla insurance had some miscommunication over my vehicle for the last month or so, never actually got around to assigning an adjuster. Worked in my favor.

As to if it's worth 5K question, that's roughly $100 in a monthly note depending on the interest. For me it's definitely worth it as I enjoy the freedom it provides to my travel. I'm in Texas so electricity is still reasonable, about $0.13, but it's a big state.

If it’s the same offer, and I haven’t read any new/updated details from Tesla, it would only apply to full price vehicles. And that’s a personal decision for each individual. $5k buys a lot of supercharging.
That is exactly the point. Why does an inventory vehicle get a $5k discount? What makes it that much less desirable versus a new order to get that discount?

That article states, and links to an earlier Teslarati article written 16 Jun 2017 that states “Tesla began implementing a cap of 400 kWh of free Supercharger use per year on vehicles sold after January 15, 2017”.

But Tesla quickly rescinded that 400kWh restriction which would have meant that a large battery (100kWh) could only free supercharge four times during the year.

So it is kind of lame for the author to not mention that the cap was rescinded.

Last edited:
FUSC AND FSD transfers? This has got to be wrong.

1707024074308.png

I saw something that seemed to imply that the FSD transfer was only for a trade-in. So have they added that as a requirement this time?

Free supercharging transfer in 4th quarter specifically disallowed any other incentives. No discount for inventory/demo car. No $1k Cybertruck reservation holder discount. No loyalty credits. Have they broadened it this time to allow something like FSD transfer at the same time?

I saw something that seemed to imply that the FSD transfer was only for a trade-in. So have they added that as a requirement this time?

Free supercharging transfer in 4th quarter specifically disallowed any other incentives. No discount for inventory/demo car. No $1k Cybertruck reservation holder discount. No loyalty credits. Have they broadened it this time to allow something like FSD transfer at the same time?
Actually the CT $1k stack was possible with FUSC transfer.

No trade in required.

Probably won't get much more confirmation than this. Not until someone actually pulls the trigger.

Free paint upgrade, and FUSC/FSD transfer. Now I just have to talk the wife into it. Ha.

1707086574903.png

Effectively, for me, it's a $67k MS with FUSC and FSD in Blue. (7.5k + 5k state rebates) Someone please talk me out of this!

Last edited:
I wou
Probably won't get much more confirmation than this. Not until someone actually pulls the trigger.

Free paint upgrade, and FUSC/FSD transfer. Now I just have to talk the wife into it. Ha.

View attachment 1015304

Effectively, for me, it's a $67k MS with FUSC and FSD in Blue. (7.5k + 5k state rebates) Someone please talk me out of this!
I wouldn’t trust everything this Tesla agent said. Not only are Tesla agents as unreliable as a 30-day weather forecast, this chat won’t stick in any argument against Tesla corporate if you actually tried to get what is not actually part of the promo.

Unless we see official Tesla statement, everyone should just assume it’s the same as before: free transfer removes all discounts (only exception being the CT reservation) and the 3 is not included.