Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Collision TESLA P85. Repair and Troubleshooting Help Needed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the Thread being forwarded to me. After reading it, i realized that it can be helpful, but not so much since you have to have their software for most of the diagnostics and repairs. Anyways, this is something to keep in mind and maybe i will buy an access to it along the road. Car is getting ready to be painted )) So excited.

I just got the bodywork done on the TESLA! Great Job was done and the car looks amazing now. However, I still need to put the car together and this is hard part. Yesterday I put the radiator with the hoses on the car, filled in with the Coolant. Connected the front wire harness with the temperature sensor on it. I thought it may help to start the car, but it did not. 2 Error messages dissipated, however, 4 more messages are: ABS, TRACTION, STABILITY, and CAR NEEDS SERVICE (May not Restart). It also says REGEN DISABLED. Any suggestions on this issue. Why it is disabled?

1. Maybe my battery was disconnected after the accident. I have heard that sometimes it happens that shops remove the battery and disconnect it. How do i check if it is without removing the battery from the car?

2. Yesterday i spend sometime inside of the car. When i press the brake i hear the noise, i checked and it seems like its ABS pump making the noise, which is on the very front of the car.

3. After i spent like 30 min inside of the car, the main battery charge dropped down from 172 Miles to 168 Miles. It make me think that the main battery IS connected, but not 100% sure.

4. Like i said before, the SIGNAL wire that goes to DC-DC Inverter is not connected to it, since it is cut of. Waiting to get my new harness. Maybe this is an issue? Does anybody knows if disconnect the Signal connector, does the car Drive or NOT?

These are all my thoughts so far. Any Advice or thought will be highly appreciated.

Good Day :)

20150424_184047.jpg
20150427_195908.jpg

3. After i spent like 30 min inside of the car, the main battery charge dropped down from 172 Miles to 168 Miles. It make me think that the main battery IS connected, but not 100% sure.

Do you need to jump start the 12V battery or its always ok ? Are the screen working fine in the car ? If so, then the contactors engages (closes) to charge the 12V via the DC-DC converter already. The 12V battery would run out of juice in a matters of hours without this periodical charging from the main pack. You can hear the contactor open and close normally. They have a very periodic timeframe for charge the 12V. Like charging the 12V every 2h for about 2h approximately.

Something like this (actual data from my car):

12V Charging.png

If you are during the period in-between those 12V charging, then when you open a door, your hear the contactor closing. And opening again like 3 sec after closing the door. Otherwise, its charging the 12V battery.

That means that the contactor never engage then... :(

It certainly checks the DC-DC converter status and readiness before sending 400V to it, makes sense after all, in a safety perspective at least.

I would get the signal connector working as a next step.

That means that the contactor never engage then... :(

It certainly checks the DC-DC converter status and readiness before sending 400V to it, makes sense after all, in a safety perspective at least.

I would get the signal connector working as a next step.

Right. I was under the impression that the DC/DC is absolutely crucial for operation, and that several Model S have been towed when their converters failed. Getting that fixed up should provide some more options.

Hi there, sooner or later you're going t have to go to a ServiceCenter. To bleed to cooling system and recharge the a/c, you need their software connected to the car to open all the valves. The good thing is that the Service Centers are not like typical car dealers. They will be totally honest and just want to make sure the car is safe to be on the road. Just be honest with them, as they probably know more about what's happened to that car than you do. You might want to do that now. If they won't sll you the pyro fuse to install yourself, I'm sure they would install it for you when. They check the rest of the car out.

Good luck and please let me know how it goes.

Yeah, i have not read about the bleeding the coolant system yet, so i dont know how im going to get it done. But the good thing is, that Tesla would sell me almost any part, i just got the PYRO Fuse from them, ordered a huge wire harness, bunch of little parts. I was amazed about the prices, they are way below any German Luxury sedans for the most part. I got bunch of stuff that i needed for much lower prices than my other sources would offer me for the used parts!!! Im very glad about that. Im just waiting for the harness, it take some time. Other then that I was able to get any other parts within few days after ordering it. I really hope that my Tesla will run after I put new harness, since its not running yet. Will have you updated after i get my harness. Thanks

Hi to everyone. Its been a pretty long few weeks for me trying to get the wires that i needed. The middle wire i could get from a dealer, its like $350. But the main one cost over 1100$. Since i had only one Plug damaged on that main wire, i was trying to get it. Spent like 3 weeks and no success. So, yesterday i spent half a day searching for the plug and found it in MOLEX. Thats was awesome. ORDERED! I couldn't wait any longer. So today i found a similar plug on Toyota Prius engine, same 6 pin connector like on Tesla Dc-DC INVERTER Signal Plug. So i modified it alittle and was able to fit it in. After splicing the new ( temporary) plug i put it in. And Guess What??? IT STARTED AND I WAS ABLE TO DRIVE IT)))) WHAT A SUCCESS!!! I feel so excited so decided to share with you this info.
Will keep you posted.
Great weekend to All.

88c51285e43fa714f9cb8f335511ee24.jpg

Reactions: tedsk