Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think another reason for the crickets is because there’s really nothing that can be done for those who are waiting for either camera upgrades or FSD. Im still waiting and was one of the first who bought a Tesla in 2012/14 . When I bought another X in 2016 I paid for both EAP and FSD when they first available back in 2016 . Even though my case is elevated and have a 100SS , I’m still waiting for a camera invite after an elevated case after my query.
Unfortunately we’re at the whim of Tesla as to when they can get to it or your lucky enough to be selected.
To be honest I can see why those of us will wait considerably longer . There is a massive amount the company is into hella deep right now just to keep the status quo and all while supply and inflation is at a massive premium. In the end Tesla is at the forefront to turn the world to a sustainable energy model for all of us to survive and I have no problem waiting a bit longer so the company can catch up .
They will get there and I (we) will all eventually get FSD. When FSD becomes commonplace , so will EVs in general. At that time I truly believe this will be a confirmation that we are changing our thinking about our existence on this planet. So yeah I’ll wait.

I got tired of waiting for an invite and just scheduled a service under something else asking for a camera upgrade.

They came back to me with this estimate:
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 2.50.47 PM.png

I think they are missing the B-Billar RH part number.

The LF Side Repeater is listed as 1495866-22-C instead of 1642010-00-A. The Tripple Cam is listed as 1089531-00-C instead of 1120520-00-B. Will these parts still work? Has anyone else received these parts and worked?

Thanks a bunch

I got tired of waiting for an invite and just scheduled a service under something else asking for a camera upgrade.

View attachment 828232

The LF Side Repeater is listed as 1495866-22-C instead of 1642010-00-A. The Tripple Cam is listed as 1089531-00-C instead of 1120520-00-B. Will these parts still work? Has anyone else received these parts and worked?

Thanks a bunch
Also, that MONOCAMERA seems wrong too. Is that the AP1 camera?

Yep there were tell-tale signs about this. First his sabbatical, then Elon going all quite (by his standards) on new FSD features on Twitter and then Tesla also offering the EAP on a discount. I guess the writing was on the walls. What we got on June4th is prolly the closest full-self driving we will ever get from FSD. The HW3 is years away from becoming autonomous in my personal experience, especially after driving FSD for more than a month now I can clearly tell why it hasn't graduated from the beta school yet.

(<rant> Can't even ****ing drive to highway from my home without me having to take over couple of times 😠, can't believe I drove around 3000+ miles with that stupid Safety Score thing only to get this piece of trash! </rant>)

Sorry for the expletives! :)

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
I like how quiet this thread has become since the June 4th big beta rollout lol

Hopefully those of you still waiting will get in soon! Looking forward to 10.13 improvements and V11 soon (maybe someday)
That’s people trying to be patient. It ain’t like Tesla shut everybody up or something. Not one mcu1 fsd car has beta and many are still waiting for camera’s. But agree, hope we all get it.

View attachment 828232

Thanks a bunch
Oh wow, they pushed it through? Are you FSD owner or subscriber

Tried requesting service again for camera replacements (1st time since moving to new city) but got the same generic response

“While working through supply constraints, we will make camera replacements available to eligible customers in batches. When camera replacement is available, owners will receive a message in their Tesla app advising to schedule service. With that being said, we will go ahead and cancel your upcoming service appointment however if you have any questions you are more than welcome to reply to this thread. Thank you and have a great rest of your day!”

Kinda insane that 9 months later I still can’t get an invite

AK was head of AI not head of Autopilot as pointed out by Musk before. AI day is coming up, they probably have something up their sleeves...
Sure, Ashok is the director of Autopilot Software, while Andrej was Director of AI... but he was leading Tesla vision.

This is his bio:

Andrej Karpathy
Director of AI at Tesla, leading the Autopilot Vision team. Previously OpenAI, CS231n, PhD @ Stanford. I like to train large deep neural nets.

Solving generalized autonomy would be one of the greatest advancements of modern times.
He's one of the greatest AI minds; if Tesla was "this close" to solving it, wouldn't he want to stick around for that?
Beyond that, Dojo and Tesla Bot, were not interesting enough ?

I just think this is not a very good sign... but I'm usually wrong... so... maybe it's a nothing burger.
By year end we'll all own a robotaxi... our cars will magically start driving really smooth and stop making dumb mistakes. 🤣🤣

Reactions: DJT1
I'm finally getting a response from Mobile service that they will order the required parts without an "INVITE"

Are the part numbers mentioned in the first comment of this thread still correct for Model S?

Model S Correct Camera Parts:
INLINE TRIPLE CAM, S/X/3 1120520-00-B
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH 1642011-00-A
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH 1642010-00-A
APPLIQUE,MS,B PLR,RH ASSY 1496709-S0-B (Note: There are several different PNs and revisions that are valid for this part)
APPLIQUE,MS,B PLR,LH ASSY 1496707-S0-B (Note: There are several different PNs and revisions that are valid for this part)

I have an October 2016 Model S and after 2 Mobile Service calls on 6/13/22 and 6/29/22 I believe I finally have the correct and latest FSDB/RCCB cameras:

1495866-22-C - LH Repeater Camera
- 1514877-01-C (Repeater Assy Chrome Aero Rib, LH)
1495867-22-C - RH Repeater Camera
- 1514878-01-C (Repeater Assy Chrome Aero Rib, RH)
1120520-00-B - Inline Triple Cam
1069104-SR-D - RH Pillar Camera
1069104-SL-D - LH Pillar Camera

Notes:
- The 149xxxx-22-C Repeater Cameras are the most current cameras shown in the Tesla parts catalog and have what I believe is the final fix for the "turn signal glare" problem. I verified these part numbers do not have the glare issue by using black tape over the cameras, displaying the backup/repeater cameras on the CID with and turning on the hazard flashers... no glare was present. I should note that after my 6/13/22 mobile service call they installed RH repeater 1642011-00-A (also a FSDB/RCCB camera) which did not show any "turn signal glare", but I believe has a temporary glare fix, so I had mobile service change the camera again to the current p/n 1495867-22-C.
- The current 149xxxx-22-C Repeater Camera assemblies come standard with a polished black finish cover which needs to be removed (they are adhered with double back tape) at install and replaced with a "chrome aero rib" to match the older Model S/X chrome trim. The newer chrome aero rib part numbers above do not come with the Tesla T etched into the stainless as was the case for my original RCCC repeater cameras. The part numbers for both the LH and RH chrome aero ribs are listed above. The older Repeater Camera parts 1642011-00-A (RH) / 1642010-00-A (LH) come with the chrome aero rib already installed. My guess is that Tesla has now standardized on the 149xxx-22-C repeater cameras across all models with the final turn signal glare problem fixed and standardly configured with polished black trim with the ability to change to a chrome finish with the addition of the chrome aero rib part numbers.
- I have listed above the latest pillar camera part numbers and as others have noted these are the part numbers for the cameras themselves and not the whole applique assembly. In my case they took a spudger pry tool to get underneath the foam tape to remove the whole applique assembly, replaced just the camera and then put the same applique assy back on with the new camera which worked fine
- For those who are curious, I am still waiting for the FSDB firmware download

Last edited:
For those who are curious, I am still waiting for the FSDB firmware download
Got my cameras 6/14 and FSDB 6/15 with a 96 SS. I assume you have a good SS and the requisite 100 miles on AP in the last 30 days. Very strange method they have here for distribution. And I'm historically very late on any new SW release too.

Next round could start in a week or two per Elon but clearly he's not a reliable source for Tesla information.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Got my cameras 6/14 and FSDB 6/15 with a 96 SS. I assume you have a good SS and the requisite 100 miles on AP in the last 30 days. Very strange method they have here for distribution. And I'm historically very late on any new SW release too.

Next round could start in a week or two per Elon but clearly he's not a reliable source for Tesla information.
I have a 97 SS and took a 100+ mile trip on AP immediately after my final camera upgrade install on 6/30. The FSDB firmware releases for camera upgraded vehicles do seem to happen consistent with new releases so I'm hoping to catch the FSDB 10.13 wave but as you say not even Elon knows for sure.

I have a 97 SS and took a 100+ mile trip on AP immediately after my final camera upgrade install on 6/30. The FSDB firmware releases for camera upgraded vehicles do seem to happen consistent with new releases so I'm hoping to catch the FSDB 10.13 wave but as you say not even Elon knows for sure.
interested if its 100 miles straight on AP or cumulative of smaller trips on AP?

I drive 35 miles one way with 80% on AP and 4 weeks no FSD. SS of 100

interested if its 100 miles straight on AP or cumulative of smaller trips on AP?

I drive 35 miles one way with 80% on AP and 4 weeks no FSD. SS of 100
Good question, I'm not sure, but reading online folks say it's 100 miles on AP over 30 days. I speculate that new FSDB additions are happening in batch windows so we need to wait for the window whenever that is.

Reactions: Cyberspeed