Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's definitely cumulative miles over 30 days and not 100mi in 1 drive.
I can confirm also because in the 30 days prior to 6/4 (the day I received FSDB) I was flying out of town a lot, and parking the car at the airport.
All I had were individual drives to the airport (about 50mi each way) and barely had enough miles for the month... I feared not having enough auto-steer miles.
Fortunately I use NoA most of the time (although because of the safety score I would drive manual miles to accumulate safe distance and regen just in case) so I was not so sure...

Apparently I did because I received FSDB on 6/4

So definitely cumulative miles.

Reactions: Cyberspeed
I have that repeater and it works with FSDB. I am almost positive that's the wrong triple cam though - should be 1120520-00-B. If you look at post #1 of this thread you can find a spreadsheet of various part #'s.
I am having a very had time for the part team to believe that the parts that I have listed are the correct parts. Is there any official service announcement that shows it. I don't think the spreadsheet from the first page is convincing enough to them. They keep telling me my parts are right when they are clearly wrong for the tripple cam and now they changed the other cameras as well to be incorrect.

This is the new invoice which is still incorrect. Maybe an invoice of someone else who has the latest parts correct may help convince them. Please let me know. Thanks.
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 10.57.31 PM.png

All I can say is that you must insist that 1089531-00-C is the 2016 inline triple that you currently already have installed.
Tell them to review the service bulletin and or call other SCs.

Tell them that you know without a shadow of doubt, that if they install 1089531-00-C you will definitely have to go back to install the correct part
1120520-00-B once they realize the mistake.

You can pop the cover off yourself and take a picture of the part number and show them that you already have 1089531-00-C installed, and it is the wrong part.

I am having a very had time for the part team to believe that the parts that I have listed are the correct parts. Is there any official service announcement that shows it. I don't think the spreadsheet from the first page is convincing enough to them. They keep telling me my parts are right when they are clearly wrong for the tripple cam and now they changed the other cameras as well to be incorrect.

This is the new invoice which is still incorrect. Maybe an invoice of someone else who has the latest parts correct may help convince them. Please let me know. Thanks.
View attachment 830092
What I believe is happing is they are not actually reading the service bulletin. They bring up your vin and see what the computer is showing for your car which is the old triple cam. They build the workorder with the parts that the original car has. My service center did the same thing until they finally read the service bulletin and overrode what the computer thinks it needs. As Valem says pop the cover off your mirror and take a picture of the camera model number and send them that. It will show you are getting the same camera you already have. Look at this YouTube video for instructions how to take the mirror off.

All I can say is that you must insist that 1089531-00-C is the 2016 inline triple that you currently already have installed.
Tell them to review the service bulletin and or call other SCs.

Tell them that you know without a shadow of doubt, that if they install 1089531-00-C you will definitely have to go back to install the correct part
1120520-00-B once they realize the mistake.

You can pop the cover off yourself and take a picture of the part number and show them that you already have 1089531-00-C installed, and it is the wrong part.
That is a great idea. I popped off the cover and took a picture. It did take about 10-15 mins to figure out how to get it on and off again (thanks youtube). I sent them a note, hoping this convinces them. They make things so hard sometimes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-111054_2.png
    Screenshot_20220719-111054_2.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 73
What I believe is happing is they are not actually reading the service bulletin. They bring up your vin and see what the computer is showing for your car which is the old triple cam. They build the workorder with the parts that the original car has. My service center did the same thing until they finally read the service bulletin and overrode what the computer thinks it needs. As Valem says pop the cover off your mirror and take a picture of the camera model number and send them that. It will show you are getting the same camera you already have. Look at this YouTube video for instructions how to take the mirror off.
This makes sense I sent them another message around this (see below) and also called the service center again. I will probably post an invoice of the correct parts, as well. Hopefully they will be able to put this all together. I'll keep the group updated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-213849.png
    Screenshot_20220719-213849.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 65
Can I get the second page to this invoice as well? I would like to also have the side repeaters all in the same invoice. Do you have FSDB running with this setup?
Here's my parts from 2 invoices. First time they did front facing and repeaters (January at the SC), second time mobile came out (February) and replaced b-pillars.

Keep in mind that for the B-pillar cameras, they started replacing just the camera instead of the entire applique. I think 1069104-SL-D and 1069104-SR-D are the b-pillar cameras only parts.

All parts were correct the first time and received FSD Beta on 6/4/22

Attachments

• FSD cameras.png
    FSD cameras.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 58
I should add my side cameras are the "blacked out" version, not the "silver trim". I think it's the same part # but I'm not positive. Mobile Service offered to fix but I kind of like the look. I can get a pic if anyone is interested.

Also see Wiki - FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting
You got lucky... I was hoping to get the black...
I bought these carbon fiber covers and plastidipped all chrome in the back.
I want to do the door trims, but dread the prep work...

Attachments

• IMG_7999 (1).jpeg
    IMG_7999 (1).jpeg
    614.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 4Untitled.png
    4Untitled.png
    726.7 KB · Views: 53
I should add my side cameras are the "blacked out" version, not the "silver trim". I think it's the same part # but I'm not positive. Mobile Service offered to fix but I kind of like the look. I can get a pic if anyone is interested.

Also see Wiki - FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting
Yeah I think I would be fine with the blacked out version too. I was thinking of doing a chrome delete on my car anyways. Pics would be good.

Reactions: Bluejuice
Had my cameras upgraded today. My side repeaters are the black ones. They look cool, but not quite right with the rest of the chrome on the car. Should they have installed chrome around the new cameras or is this the new standard? I’ve posted a couple pics, but the lighting wasn’t great.

Attachments

• 51D63B58-CFC3-4FDC-BF1E-ECBC2FFE9D04.jpeg
    51D63B58-CFC3-4FDC-BF1E-ECBC2FFE9D04.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 58
  • E943387B-5F4C-4A6D-96DE-35474F32445A.jpeg
    E943387B-5F4C-4A6D-96DE-35474F32445A.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: HELLAWATTS
Had my cameras upgraded today. My side repeaters are the black ones. They look cool, but not quite right with the rest of the chrome on the car. Should they have installed chrome around the new cameras or is this the new standard? I’ve posted a couple pics, but the lighting wasn’t great.
Be happy with the black ones, they have the light bleeding issue fixed!

Be happy with the black ones, they have the light bleeding issue fixed!
I disagree. Personally I have “murdered” all my chrome. But if you like bling, they should give you back your bling.

Do they not have a part number for chrome with the light bleeding fixed? How hard would it be to put the new internals in the old chrome externals yourself?