Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a DIY chrome delete with a kit from Nikola Pro

It wasn't really difficult. I just took my time and it came out pretty good!
I love my chrome delete now and will never go back to chrome
I think I am going to use that kit myself. I think it would look good with my silver model S with satin grey wheels. I'll have to wait and see if they give me those cameras.

I did a DIY chrome delete with a kit from Nikola Pro

It wasn't really difficult. I just took my time and it came out pretty good!
I love my chrome delete now and will never go back to chrome
I finally understand what "chrome delete" means. I guess the first person that came up with that term never passed English in high school :) or else they would have made a better descriptive term.

As an FSD subscriber, likely just gonna wait to see what happens late Q4 on the “wider rollouts” to re subscribe and see if I can get the camera retrofit invite. It’s unfortunate I can’t just pay them for the retrofit, but it feels like there’s no path right now after a year of waiting. At least I get green chime on EAP now.

Reactions: pilotSteve
As an FSD subscriber, likely just gonna wait to see what happens late Q4 on the “wider rollouts” to re subscribe and see if I can get the camera retrofit invite. It’s unfortunate I can’t just pay them for the retrofit, but it feels like there’s no path right now after a year of waiting. At least I get green chime on EAP now.
An option would be to buy the cameras (new or used) and self install.

Any word on the 10.13 rollout? We’re on a road trip to eastern Canada & have been having issues with NoAP not available & crazy phantom braking. I’m hoping 10.13 will fix some of this.
No, you should not be having crazy phantom braking on 10.12. The fact that you have heavy PBs, and errors engaging NoA means there is something else wrong. Either a camera problem, wiring issue, calibration issue, or something similar. Try recalibrating the cameras, and brake-pedal reboot of the car. Test again. If it doesn't clear up, open a service ticket for a sensor diagnostic.

No, you should not be having crazy phantom braking on 10.12. The fact that you have heavy PBs, and errors engaging NoA means there is something else wrong. Either a camera problem, wiring issue, calibration issue, or something similar. Try recalibrating the cameras, and brake-pedal reboot of the car. Test again. If it doesn't clear up, open a service ticket for a sensor diagnostic.
Camera calibration hasn't worked. :( I did it once & it quickly completed for regular Autopilot in less than 10 miles, but it never completed for Summon or FSD Beta even after more than 100 miles. FSD Beta & Summon were at 99% after the 10 miles & then they went backwards the more we drove, ending up at 96% & 97%. So I reset the calibration again, it's now been almost 100 miles & none of the calibrations have completed. We don't even have basic autopilot now. I should never have done the camera calibration... it's been miserable not having autopilot. No autopilot is worse than phantom braking & errors that NoAP is unavailable.

Camera calibration hasn't worked. :( I did it once & it quickly completed for regular Autopilot in less than 10 miles, but it never completed for Summon or FSD Beta even after more than 100 miles. FSD Beta & Summon were at 99% after the 10 miles & then they went backwards the more we drove, ending up at 96% & 97%. So I reset the calibration again, it's now been almost 100 miles & none of the calibrations have completed. We don't even have basic autopilot now. I should never have done the camera calibration... it's been miserable not having autopilot. No autopilot is worse than phantom braking & errors that NoAP is unavailable.
I would say camera calibration actually Helped as it identified one of your cameras is Not calibrating and is likely your issue so you identified the issue and can get it resolved!

Absolutely open a service ticket, you have a hardware problem.

Seeing the news today about being able to change the blind spot cam location makes me so disappointed a legacy MCU2/HW3 can’t get it as well. That’s one thing I was ever so hopeful the camera retrofit would’ve enabled by chance but nah
MCU2/HW3 doesn't have it? It shows the three cameras in backup view, so why wouldn't it show the side camera with a turn signal?

The site reporting the new option to move it says they don't know what models/regions will get it...

Edit: I see that Tesla's matrix for V11 features does say that Legacy S/X don't get it... Weird...

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I finally got my cameras upgraded on 2017 Model S without invite after 6 unsuccessful appointments in as many months. These were the parts installed, but I still see very little difference in dashcam footage from compared to old cameras from all 5 replaced cams.

Do I have the right parts? How do I confirm?

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

Reactions: gaswalla
I finally got my cameras upgraded on 2017 Model S without invite after 6 unsuccessful appointments in as many months. These were the parts installed, but I still see very little difference in dashcam footage from compared to old cameras from all 5 replaced cams.

Do I have the right parts? How do I confirm?

View attachment 833917

View attachment 833918

Those parts are correct. you're good!

I would say camera calibration actually Helped as it identified one of your cameras is Not calibrating and is likely your issue so you identified the issue and can get it resolved!
The calibration eventually completed. The issues relate to a failing ultrasonic sensor. We’ve had errors start appearing & I’ve confirmed with a Service Center that the ultrasonic sensor errors are the cause of the issues. FSD Beta still works without the ultrasonics, but Navigate on Autopilot won’t. And regular autopilot won’t do lane changes without ultrasonics. We have an appointment at our local Service Center for the week after our road trip & they claim they’re ordering the needed parts. The ultrasonics work at low speeds, but as soon as we get above about 17 MPH the error message appears.