Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently I spoke too soon / there may be more going on here... A few things to note:
1) The SC that did my camera upgrades did NOT change the autopilotcameratype gateway config setting. They left it at 1 (RCCC), which shows up in vitals as: cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCC_CAMERAS"

If the gateway config for autopilotcameratype is changed to 2 ( cfg_autopilotcameratype":"RCCB_CAMERAS" in vitals), everything seems to work fine for one drive... but subsequent drives go back to the APE "locking up" (no GPS, no autopilot, etc).

Given all this, I am VERY skeptical that we'll be getting FSD beta invites any time soon, even though we have the latest hardware (it seems like you already should have it if we would @technoz ). I hope I'm wrong.

Sitting here with a full RCCB retrofit done at the SC and a 100 safety score, no FSD beta invite yet.
Another update.. popped by (a different) SC today to fix the mounting of one of the new b piller cameras and also had them look at the config. They tried two redeploys and were unsuccessful at getting the new settings to take. They escalated to engineering, and said that they’d be able to fix it remotely..

Well, they “fixed it” (they changed the gateway config so it shows RCCB cameras), but now my autopilot/gps/etc isn’t working…

Thanks for the updates and for entering information into the spreadsheet everyone.

Do we know anyone who has gotten the full completed camera upgrade (from Tesla, not DIY) with correct triple cam and is just waiting on FSD Beta now after their appointment?

Thanks for the updates and for entering information into the spreadsheet everyone.

Do we know anyone who has gotten the full completed camera upgrade (from Tesla, not DIY) with correct triple cam and is just waiting on FSD Beta now after their appointment?
In my continuing saga of camera replacement, I finality convinced my SC that they installed the wrong Triple camera on Nov 12th. They scheduled me for another install yesterday Nov 19th. Remember, I need to drive 5+ hours round-trip to get to this SC.

I had to wait literally 7 hours before they finished with my MX. It's a good thing that I drove there the night before and stayed at a nearby motel.

The invoice from Nov 19 stated one of the B Pillar cameras was also replaced, which my tech guy confirmed was needed. However when I returned home and compared Nov 12 & Nov 19 invoices, the B Pillar Part #s were identical. Go figure!!.

Now after jumping through all these hoops since September 24 Safety Score ordeals, when will my 99 score and all these new cameras get me the FSD BETA software that has been the objective all along.?????.

MX 75D-Midnight Silver-AP2-EAP/FSD-SubZero-20" Chrome-Tow Pkg

Can someone send me a link to the tracking sheet?

Reactions: appleguru
Another update.. popped by (a different) SC today to fix the mounting of one of the new b piller cameras and also had them look at the config. They tried two redeploys and were unsuccessful at getting the new settings to take. They escalated to engineering, and said that they’d be able to fix it remotely..

Well, they “fixed it” (they changed the gateway config so it shows RCCB cameras), but now my autopilot/gps/etc isn’t working…
Please keep us updated. If I understand correctly, your cameras upgrade is a bust so far as the requirement for FSD Beta participation. I am scheduled to get the correct triple camera Monday after getting side cameras upgraded last week. But I dont intend to ask for gateway config change unless I hear from you or others that it has been done without blowing up everything.

I have a solid 100 score still no message and no camera upgrade in the service.
Anyone else with 100 that hasn’t received the message yet?
Hmmmm, are you related to my wife? She gets a text on her phone that an Amazon package was just delivered, and 30 seconds later, she asks me why I haven't gone out to get it yet :) I would expect this to take quite a bit of time for you to get the message even with a 100 percent score. Lots of variables with getting these out to everyone. Best of luck with yours.

The Tesla information page on FSD says that mobile can perform the camera upgrade.
That's good to know, but my neighbor says he will prefer to go to the service center. Up here in the winter, I guess he has a point. I can only image how hurried and how many shortcuts I would take if I were replacing cameras in 25 degree cold. At least there service center area downtown is heated.

Reactions: KrenGrl and FlyF4
Hmmmm, are you related to my wife? She gets a text on her phone that an Amazon package was just delivered, and 30 seconds later, she asks me why I haven't gone out to get it yet :) I would expect this to take quite a bit of time for you to get the message even with a 100 percent score. Lots of variables with getting these out to everyone. Best of luck with yours.
Now that it's been officially confirmed that cars with AP2 cameras don't get FSD beta, (same goes for those that self updated cameras).... where are these 2 people with April 2017 cars with FSD beta ?

I'll try to clarify to posts by saying in this particular case, I don't have a "special source". I've been in that April 2017 MX as a passenger a couple days ago when I was down in the bay area. The owner is not an employee, not a contractor, not part of EAP, and no one special associated to Tesla; just a typical retired owner that bought it new in early 2017 and had the HW3 with MCU2 upgrade. He sure drives a hell of a lot better than me with a 100% score.

I don't know the details of the other 2017 April Tesla. Maybe it has new cameras or not. It is a friend and he says no cameras were replaced. As one person said here, best to just wait and see. Hope for the best. ;)

Still on original .22 beta button software and have not got any updates since. Is there others in the same situation? Concerned as I have seen several other non beta versions since Sept 25th
Yep I am also still on .22, sitting at 99% safety score and still no camera replacement invite. I feel like we’re just being trolled with Tesla deploying the fix for a handful to keep the rest of us quiet (and hopeful).

Last edited:
Now that it's been officially confirmed that cars with AP2 cameras don't get FSD beta, (same goes for those that self updated cameras).... where are these 2 people with April 2017 cars with FSD beta ?
I don't think it is good to assume those cars don't exist. They could have been part of a trial. I know of such cars from a few months ago. Perhaps that is what he is talking about.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
I don't think it is good to assume those cars don't exist. They could have been part of a trial. I know of such cars from a few months ago. Perhaps that is what he is talking about.
So you also know of former HW2.0 cars with original cameras that got FSD Beta? Can you provide details? Each time these wild stories are posted here it makes the rest of us look stoopid.

Yep I am also still on .22, sitting at 99% safety score and still no camera replacement invite. I feel like we’re just being trolled with Tesla deploying the fix for a handful to keep the rest of us quiet (and hopeful).
I was stuck on .22, I opted out for a few days prior to the camera invites and fueled with the desire to actually DRIVE my car. It wasn't a few hours after opting out, that I received an update. I'm currently opted back in, and running 36.5.8