Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just like I suspected, my mobile service appointment has been moved from the 15th to the 22nd, because they didn’t actually have the parts and just ordered them when I put the ticket in last week.
I understand frustration of those who haven’t received cameras, but as you probably know even those of us who have had the cameras for several weeks are not getting FSD Beta invites. Musk responded to his social media buddies by saying we needed new cameras and that was the end of the discussion. Problem solved.

Just another shiny object, something this guy has been doing re FSD for five years. Remember the infamous FSD trip from California to NY promised in 2016 to occur by the end of 2017? After, all self-driving was a solved problem in 2016.

you could easily argue that people paid $160K+ on a car because of the promise of FSD.....
The promise of free unlimited Supercharging for life and future FSD functionality was the main reason I purchased my S90D for ~$103,000 in December 2016. At the time, I figured I would be able to use the car for decades and it would be able to drive me around once I was too old to drive myself. I upgraded to a 2017 S100D with free Supercharging and FSD capabilities in 2019 but we're still waiting on the camera upgrade and FSD (beta or non-beta) on that car which will soon be 5 years old.

The promise of free unlimited Supercharging for life and future FSD functionality was the main reason I purchased my S90D for ~$103,000 in December 2016. At the time, I figured I would be able to use the car for decades and it would be able to drive me around once I was too old to drive myself. I upgraded to a 2017 S100D with free Supercharging and FSD capabilities in 2019 but we're still waiting on the camera upgrade and FSD (beta or non-beta) on that car which will soon be 5 years old.
And I bought @MorrisonHiker's S90D in February 2019 because of the promise that FSD was right around the corner. It came with EAP & we bought FSD for $3k in 2020. We also expected to keep the car for a long time since it was supposed to be ready for FSD & it has free Supercharging. And for us the main reasons to buy a Tesla are Supercharging & autonomous driving/driver assistance features. Sadly we're still waiting for FSD.

When I got my invite on Thursday I schedule service for this coming Thursday the 16th. I messaged the Service Center today to ask if parts had been ordered. They say the parts have been ordered but they have no ETA from Tesla on when they'll arrive. They're already trying to cancel my appointment though, saying they don't expect the cameras to arrive for a month or longer. They say I'm one of the first appointments they have scheduled to do in MN. We'll see what ends up happening. I was hoping to have the new cameras by January 1st, but I'm thinking now that we won't... :(

I just made a couple of edits to the first post and added links to the tracker and PN sheets from this thread as well as a few camera PNs.

Thanks very much for this!

On another note, has anyone gotten word of a camera upgraded car that has gotten beta yet? I’m feeling the itch to opt out again until it’s verified that someone gets it.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills with this safety score going on 3 months.

Thanks very much for this!

On another note, has anyone gotten word of a camera upgraded car that has gotten beta yet? I’m feeling the itch to opt out again until it’s verified that someone gets it.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills with this safety score going on 3 months.
I have not seen any evidence of anyone getting FSD yet after cameras. Shawn who posts on this forum is relentless on trolling Elon seconds/minutes after he tweets about anything. Silence from Lord Elon. He has the camera upgrade with no FSD.
As far as opting out no one has determined if that will hurt your chances of getting a invite for camera upgrades. Some service centers say it does not matter but I think they have no idea and just making things up.

Reactions: scarelli
As far as opting out no one has determined if that will hurt your chances of getting a invite for camera upgrades. Some service centers say it does not matter but I think they have no idea and just making things up.
I had been opted in since 9/25 but opted out recently. A few days later got the camera upgrade invite. So being opted in or out doesn't seem to matter.

The next question is: does staying “in” reduce our chances of new mainstream SW? I’m still “in” and stuck on 32.22.

I’m also stuck in 32.22 and had someone opt the car out this morning while I’m away.

I didn’t stay opted out for too long last time but I’m hoping by staying opted out I might finally get a newer production firmware.

Reactions: BeesKnees
I got the invite on Dec 9th for my 2017 MX 75D. Scheduled Mobile Service for the 20th. Just got my estimate approval notification few minutes ago. The camera part numbers are the same as the S for inline triple cams and side repeater cams but the pillar cam part numbers are different.
RH - 1092312-98-F and LH - 1092311-98-F.

Reactions: scarelli
Indeed. I did a bit of digging and found out that this car belongs to a very dedicated owner that did their own AP 2.5 hardware retrofit. It was originally an *AP1* vehicle; they added radar, new steering rack, cameras, etc and it now has HW3 + MCU2. So it actually has newer hardware than our "HW2" vintage vehicles, even post camera upgrade (specifically, it has the steering rack with redundant CAN, and the longer range conti radar).

Indeed. I did a bit of digging and found out that this car belongs to a very dedicated owner that did their own AP 2.5 hardware retrofit. It was originally an *AP1* vehicle; they added radar, new steering rack, cameras, etc and it now has HW3 + MCU2. So it actually has newer hardware than our "HW2" vintage vehicles, even post camera upgrade (specifically, it has the steering rack with redundant CAN, and the longer range conti radar).

How the heck did they get beta then when all of officially upgraded cars still haven’t? I guess Teslas servers see the car as a complete 2.5 hardware vehicle and disregard the model year entirely?

The next question is: does staying “in” reduce our chances of new mainstream SW? I’m still “in” and stuck on 32.22.
So I had been stuck on 32.22 this whole time too, and I actually went to my car this morning to opt-out because no FSD beta, no camera invite, and no software update was bumming me out. I thought opting out would at least get me updates for now till the camera replacements ramped up, but to my surprise an update was available to me. I am now on 2021.36.5.1, which was “meh” as far as updates go. The only one I really wanted was remote Sentry streaming, and I believe our vintage is out of luck there too…

Reactions: Cheburashka