Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove 120 miles (each direction) in a snowstorm today to get my new tires at Tesla SC. Since I got my 44.25.2 update last night, I debated if I should ask Service Advisor if they could Push me 44.25.6 today. To my amazement Advisor told me I had a SW Update to download. Thinking he meant the 44.25.2 I asked him what version was it. He couldn't tell from his computer so we went to my MX and looked at the Software screen on my MCU2. When I saw that 44.25.6 was Scheduled to Download at 7:30 PM, I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming.

I took delivery of my MX on December 22, 2016. After patiently waiting for FSD until October 21, 2021, then IMPATIENTLY waiting for FSD Beta until today, it’s been a wild ride.
Thanks again to all of you my fellow TMC family for all your help and support.

Thank you Andrej Karpathy for being true to your Tweet and making things happen.

I am very excited to try out 10.8 tomorrow.
Here's to a happy a d healthy New Year for us all.

Score reset trick no longer works. In fact it keeps tracking your score even when opted out. I tried a few times and it even opted me back in automatically.
Yep just had gone for a drive, have 2021.44.25.2 and score reset trick no longer works on this update. Looks like they closed this loophole since it may be interfering with their insurance tracking data or something.. back to grandma style driving now or not driving at all until camera upgrade. :(

Can't you turn your hotspot on, on your phone, and download if from your phone? Just a thought
Must have been some confusion here, I’m 2 states away from home for work right now, so my hotspot on my phone probably won’t reach my car at the moment! Good news is i head home tomorrow and better believe the first thing I’ll do will be downloading this update. I’ll report back but fingers crossed I’m in the same FSD upgrade queue with my new cams and 99 SS. Been waiting nearly 5 years for this!

Reactions: Saxman
I don’t think there were any camera FW updates, but will try and confirm for you. What makes you think there was?

Sorry, I should have worded better, a vehicle software update* not a update for the cameras.

Pages 6 and 7 of this thread detail owners who upgraded their triple cam successfully but it required a pending software update to be installed to recognize it and operate properly. Not sure if this applies to us at all. Just interesting.

Reactions: appleguru
Whoa, just checked my App and now it’s saying it’s downloading 2021.44.25.6 (normally it doesn’t download parked in my underground garage and non-wifi), seems like it’s working hard to get it, 75% done… this is a good sign, right? I can’t wait to get home!!

Score reset trick no longer works. In fact it keeps tracking your score even when opted out. I tried a few times and it even opted me back in automatically.
So you are saying being opted out you are still being evaluated? And when you opt back in your score reflects all the dings you would get from drives like using your brakes and stopping for yellow lights and your score does not reset?
If this is true keeping the safety score will be even harder while waiting for an invite that could be months away. I am really pissed now I clicked on the 25.2 download and got the new UI that I am not particularly impressed with.

@Jackman and @JK_Data could you verify that you had the triple cam with part number 1089531-00-C installed? I was looking at the Camera Upgrade status tracker spreadsheet in the OP, and it looks like you have FSD beta despite having what we all believed to be the wrong camera part installed. My appointment to have the upgraded cameras installed is next week. I was originally supposed to have 1089531-00-C triple cam installed, but I pestered the service center enough to where they said they would also order the 1120520-00-B triple cam and let the technician figure out which one to install.

Interestingly enough, the Camera Part # tracking spreadsheet indicates I don't have the "correct" pillar cams slated for install (1092307-00-G and 1092306-S0-D). But the OP makes it seem like they could still be valid part numbers, i.e. they are RCCC cams

• Helpful
Reactions: dogldogl
What version were you running before the holiday update? TACC has saved my Safety Score (hard braking and FCW) many times while I had 2021.36.5.6 for the past 7 weeks. I'd even come to rely on it for braking when full regen wasn't available yet lol.
Same version mentioned (2021.36.5.6) but it’s been so long since I actually witnessed a warning on the IC that it may be my memory at fault. Alas, just updated the vehicle (2021.44.25.2) so any hard data is probably now lost to the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: fcastrillo86
@Jackman and @JK_Data could you verify that you had the triple cam with part number 1089531-00-C installed? I was looking at the Camera Upgrade status tracker spreadsheet in the OP, and it looks like you have FSD beta despite having what we all believed to be the wrong camera part installed. My appointment to have the upgraded cameras installed is next week. I was originally supposed to have 1089531-00-C triple cam installed, but I pestered the service center enough to where they said they would also order the 1120520-00-B triple cam and let the technician figure out which one to install.

Interestingly enough, the Camera Part # tracking spreadsheet indicates I don't have the "correct" pillar cams slated for install (1092307-00-G and 1092306-S0-D). But the OP makes it seem like they could still be valid part numbers, i.e. they are RCCC cams
I only think I got the -C triple camera bc the invoice I received stated that. To be honest, the cameras I got display the same as the b-pillar and repeater cams I got, i.e. they are muddy looking colors although they display blues and yellows and reds in a very muted way unlike the rear camera which has vibrant colors. BTW, they are all supposed to RCCB cams. I have no way to physically verify any p/ns.
Oh yeah, FSD beta seems to work fine with the caveats everyone else reports, i.e. drives like an inexperienced 15 y.o. with a learners permit.

• Informative
Reactions: appleguru
I only think I got the -C triple camera bc the invoice I received stated that. To be honest, the cameras I got display the same as the b-pillar and repeater cams I got, i.e. they are muddy looking colors although they display blues and yellows and reds in a very muted way unlike the rear camera which has vibrant colors. BTW, they are all supposed to RCCB cams. I have no way to physically verify any p/ns.
Oh yeah, FSD beta seems to work fine with the caveats everyone else reports, i.e. drives like an inexperienced 15 y.o. with a learners permit.
Any chance you could post a short dashcam clip? That would help us be sure.

But based on your description (and the fact that you got the beta), I agree, most likely they installed 1120520-00-B despite listing 1089531-00-C on your invoice.

Had they installed 1089531-00-C 1) they would have replaced your existing camera with the exact same model 2) your forward colors would still look like they used to/not match your other new cams.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Looks like they closed this loophole since it may be interfering with their insurance tracking data or something.. back to grandma style driving now or not driving at all until camera upgrade. :(
I see that "drive like grandma" phrase a lot and it still baffles me as to what that really means. I register it as sometimes being an exaggeration of a few people whom might normally drive like lunatics, and equate safe driving to being a grandma ..... maybe not. :) I guess there are several reason why drivers get dinged on the score.

My experience with the scoring is I have been driving as I normally do. Having been a former Navy pilot, I can be aggressive (but polite to other drivers), fast on the interstate (yes I know that doesn't get graded), and so far I've driven over 4,300 miles around the USA with the score in effect. I have seen it drop as low as 98, usually at 99 and currently at 100. For me, I think the difference is I am super attentive while driving (thank you US Navy training), keep the eyes far down the road, plan in advance of moves, and I never tailgate people. One can call that grandpa driving if they like, yet I am not driving any different than I have been doing in decades, and certainly not trying to keep a high score. I find it interesting that the score stays up there without me even trying to do anything different. I guess I summarize to say, no you don't have to drive like grandma.

EDIT: Oh and I guess I should add that a lot of "grandmas" are REALLY AGGRESSIVE. When my granny was alive, you wouldn't want to be in the car with her. I can only guess that her score would be about "30" in a Tesla :eek:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Charliek and Saxman
I see that "drive like grandma" phrase a lot and it still baffles me as to what that really means. I register it as sometimes being an exaggeration of a few people whom might normally drive like lunatics, and equate safe driving to being a grandma ..... maybe not. :) I guess there are several reason why drivers get dinged on the score.

My experience with the scoring is I have been driving as I normally do. Having been a former Navy pilot, I can be aggressive (but polite to other drivers), fast on the interstate (yes I know that doesn't get graded), and so far I've driven over 4,300 miles around the USA with the score in effect. I have seen it drop as low as 98, usually at 99 and currently at 100. For me, I think the difference is I am super attentive while driving (thank you US Navy training), keep the eyes far down the road, plan in advance of moves, and I never tailgate people. One can call that grandpa driving if they like, yet I am not driving any different than I have been doing in decades, and certainly not trying to keep a high score. I find it interesting that the score stays up there without me even trying to do anything different. I guess I summarize to say, no you don't have to drive like grandma.
So I assume you are not driving with EAP/NOA on? just TACC?

most of my bad scoring was using EAP.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
So I assume you are not driving with EAP/NOA on? just TACC?

most of my bad scoring was using EAP.
Good information. Good question. ALL of my driving in the city is manual. On the interstate, I drive in AP until I get into a busy city area like LA, San Diego, etc. In those cases, I switch back to manual driving until I get out of the city. Actually, I never use TACC (don't like it). Now having said that, I don't mean to imply this is the way to keep a high score. For me, it still comes down to being cautious and I'm never in a hurry at my age until I get on the interstate. Then it is "pedal to the metal" . :oops: I would guess that out of my 4,300 miles so far, about 3,000 of those miles were on the interstate in auto-pilot. I see from postings that several people have some cute tricks to keep up their score.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4 and Saxman