Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm color blind but I disagree, but that's why it would help to look at a side by side picture of the same exact thing with some color in it.

I took my side-by-side photo comparisons, where it is clearly obvious which one is the RCCB, and then I took the blue tarp, and over imposed it on his pictures, and took the street sign and over imposed that on my pictures.

When I do that, I can see how the yellow sign looks like the yellow on my left picture, and not like the yellow on my right picture.
Same with the tarp. The good blue tarp to me looks like the blue sky in the left picture. And the tarp that looks greenish from the RCCC camera looks more like the sky on the right picture.

If you can, take some screenshots of the same exact thing, turned the car around, so that you can compare the same image.
thanks for the help. I called mobile service. They said they put the wrong camera in the left repeater. Ugh! at first they said it was the correct part but I pushed them on why the part numbers didn't match between right and left repeater camera. They finally owned up to the error. Will send another person out for fixing the mistake. I would have had been waiting for the FSD beta invite with an incomplete set of camera parts. Thank you all. You guys are amazing. I don't think any of us would get FSD beta without this group pushing for us early adopters. man seriously happy that you all have my back. thanks everyone.

Camera upgrade is finally complete. I hope.

I'm a bit worried about the lefthand B Pillar camera they installed. This is for a Model X. The part number they installed is 1092311-S0-D. Anyone have any info on this??

The RH B Pillar camera looks good 1092312-98F, and the triple cam looks good too 1120520-00-B.

So it's just this mysterious LH B Pillar that's questionable. Anyone know anything about this strange variant?
My camera update is supposed to happen tomorrow, and so far the Inline Triple looks good (1120520-00-B), the LH Repeater is good (1642010-00-A), but the RH is new (1495876-22-C). The LH B Pillar is 1092311-S0-D which is the same as you, so I hope it’s the right part. The RH B Pillar is 1092312-98-F which I think is OK.

Got an notification of update available for car... turned out 2022.4.5 :rolleyes: RantBegin: [THATS NOT THE UPDATE I WANT TESLA MOTHERSHIP] :RantEnd

It’s still an important update as it includes a shiny new thing(Colorizer) for 3/Y/Ref-S Twitter influencers to whine about not getting yet so another FSD Beta branch might be coming to satisfy them.

• Funny
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
It’s still an important update as it includes a shiny new thing(Colorizer) for 3/Y/Ref-S Twitter influencers to whine about not getting yet so another FSD Beta branch might be coming to satisfy them.
Wasn’t there a rengen brake update in one of the previous 2022 releases? The release notes for 2022.4.5 doesn’t say anything about that. Again early adopters skipped?

Maybe I'm color blind but I disagree, but that's why it would help to look at a side by side picture of the same exact thing with some color in it.

I took my side-by-side photo comparisons, where it is clearly obvious which one is the RCCB, and then I took the blue tarp, and over imposed it on his pictures, and took the street sign and over imposed that on my pictures.

When I do that, I can see how the yellow sign looks like the yellow on my left picture, and not like the yellow on my right picture.
Same with the tarp. The good blue tarp to me looks like the blue sky in the left picture. And the tarp that looks greenish from the RCCC camera looks more like the sky on the right picture.

If you can, take some screenshots of the same exact thing, turned the car around, so that you can compare the same image.
Clearly, I am the one who is color blind! I had my second attempt today for my retrofit and I think it was a success.

I took your advice and did before and after shots of the camera footage and there is a clear difference in the triple cam and side repeaters post install. Obviously, I can’t verify the pillar cameras but the part numbers on the invoice are correct so I am hoping the actual parts match (I literally left a note in the car when I dropped it off and asked them to cross-reference the parts to the invoice before installing).

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Dr Doom and valem
Interesting. The Parts Catalog today does indeed show for S and X:
Code:
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH     1495866-22-C
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, RH     1495867-22-C

Where previously they had 1642010-00-A and 1642011-00-A.
Am I correct that the pillar cameras are different between the S and the X? I just got a text that they got my MS working again (and I confirmed via mileage that they took it out for a 10 mile drive) and the invoice for the pillars show 1496707-S0-B and 1496709-S0-B. I do show the same 164 numbers for the fenders and 1120520 for the triplets. It would suck if they screwed that up...

Thanks

They actually replaced your GPS antenna?? Wooooooow... talk about a failure to communicate and also to do even basic troubleshooting (Why would an antenna, that is nowhere near any of the cameras or cables that got replaced, just "fail"???).

This whole "camera upgrade" program is the perfect case study on how to take something simple and screw it up in every way conceivable...
Screenshot_20220209-215058.png

Reactions: Dr Doom
Question for those who have received the camera upgrade:

Have you seen the "Park Assist unavailable" message appear since the update? I now see this a few times every few days, usually when driving at (sometimes freeway) speed. I didn't see it frequently at all prior to the camera update. I wonder if it's related to the camera update?
(This, for a ModelX)

Last edited:
LMAO, they replaced your GPS antenna and your APE?? 🤦‍♂️

All because someone set the gateway config wrong… the best part is that even after doing all of that, the GPS still wouldn’t have worked until someone reverted the config.
Appleguru, I am getting my cameras replaced tomorrow. Should they just put in the cameras and let it rip with no modifications to the config? How does the mothership know that the new cameras are indeed installed?

Have you seen the "Park Assist unavailable" message appear since the update? I now see this a few times every few days, usually when driving at (sometimes freeway) speed. I didn't see it frequently at all prior to the camera update. I wonder if it's related to the camera update?
(This, for a ModelX)
We have not seen it on our Model S. But we did have vision based auto park show up for the first time yesterday evening. I didn’t let the car park itself because there were other cars waiting for us to clear the aisle in the parking lot, but it was cool to see the option.

(This, for a ModelX)
I've seen it but never at speed. Usually pops up on a rolling stop at a stop light for me. Happens to me quite often, actually.

Has anyone seen any Tweet asking why there have been no new FSD beta in 2022?
There used to be many tweets about when are the 99 added, when the 98 etc. but odd no one is asking now that no one is being added.

Even most existing beta members haven't gotten new versions in a while now-- more folks are on 10.8.1, over a month old, than anything else.

Initially when 10.9 stopped rolling out after only hitting maybe 1/3rd of existing testers folks though it was due to the rolling stop recall.... but then 10.10 came out removing that, but that one stopped being distributed after even less people got it.

Tesla has announced several other SW recalls recently so unclear if that's why- or if they've concluded they're close enough to having 11 ready it's not worth pushing anything on the 10.x branch out further.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve