Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how did Tesla become aware that you had the right cameras, I had a helluva time even getting my Tesla service center to even recognize which cameras I had, much less upgraded. Once you upgraded yourself, did you notify Tesla so they could update their records and report the change to your vehicle?

The car detects new hardware during software installation. So you can either wait until you have a pending update downloaded but not installed or drive to a service center geofence and redeploy current software on your own accord.

Change all cameras, reinstall software, done.

Once the installation is complete it transmits that data from the vehicles vitals live to Tesla. No need for any service center intervention. If you want to confirm you can place a ticket to ensure they see RCCB cameras when they pull live vitals from the vehicle. I did this to ensure the vitals I saw locally were truly being recognized but as long as all the sourced cameras are the correct ones your car will be functional and eligible for beta simply after a part change and software install/reinstall.

I’m a subscriber, seeing as the latest update pushes to vision only, should I push to see if I can purchase the cameras so I’ll be on the same level of vision capability? I assume vision would be “worse” if the cameras are still on the older RCCC since they train with RCCB now. That’s my only intention at the moment, that I’ll need the cameras for autopilot to perform even better when going from radar to vision.

I’m a subscriber, seeing as the latest update pushes to vision only, should I push to see if I can purchase the cameras so I’ll be on the same level of vision capability? I assume vision would be “worse” if the cameras are still on the older RCCC since they train with RCCB now. That’s my only intention at the moment, that I’ll need the cameras for autopilot to perform even better when going from radar to vision.
RCCB cameras are *required* in order to get FSD beta.

Oh - did I miss something? Are they switching to vision only in production AP software?
Yeah as of 2022.24.6 I believe. My radar is AP is “fine”, but I’m a little nervous going to vision only on the older cameras right now since the stack and everything they do is based on RCCB calibration and what not. That’s why I’d like to get a hurry on it, because it’s hitting normal AP soon globally.

Yeah as of 2022.24.6 I believe. My radar is AP is “fine”, but I’m a little nervous going to vision only on the older cameras right now since the stack and everything they do is based on RCCB calibration and what not. That’s why I’d like to get a hurry on it, because it’s hitting normal AP soon globally.
I would tend to agree with you - I suspect the RCCC camera config is receiving little testing anymore since it is such a small user base.

I would tend to agree with you - I suspect the RCCC camera config is receiving little testing anymore since it is such a small user base.
FYI, I'm still on the RCCC old cameras (no invite) and got 2022.24.6 last night where 'Tesla Vision' supposedly is. All my notes said was saving NAV per profile or something like that. I'm 2017 X w/MCU2 and FSD computer upgrades. I did the fender/repeater cameras myself but no others.

I also know (believe) I am not using 'Tesla Vision' because my TACC/AP can still go to 1 vs just 2-7.

Just a data point that RCCC equip vehicles may not have that option (Tesla Vision) until they have their cameras upgraded.

Related thread: Tesla Vision coming to radar-equipped cars on 2022.24.6

nr2zoow.jpg

FYI, I'm still on the RCCC old cameras (no invite) and got 2022.24.6 last night where 'Tesla Vision' supposedly is. All my notes said was saving NAV per profile or something like that. I'm 2017 X w/MCU2 and FSD computer upgrades. I did the fender/repeater cameras myself but no others.

I also know (believe) I am not using 'Tesla Vision' because my TACC/AP can still go to 1 vs just 2-7.

Just a data point that RCCC equip vehicles may not have that option (Tesla Vision) until they have their cameras upgraded.

Related thread: Tesla Vision coming to radar-equipped cars on 2022.24.6

nr2zoow.jpg
Great observation, saw others on Reddit saying the same thing but didn’t know why.

Reactions: scottf200
Good luck mine is at service center now (after waiting months for parts) to get cameras upgrade done as well. Crossing my fingers it goes well, especially with 10.69.2 coming out this month.
Just got my cameras installed. Took them 3 days to do it. However hoping there is a chance I can get in 11.69.2 which is supposedly rolling out this week. 🤞

Ok they won’t let me buy them, I guess this lets me go to 24.8 while keeping radar. Maybe in the future they’ll have an upgrade path for non owners to want to transition to regular vision autopilot. That or maybe wider angle cams will be a retrofit option in a few years. Kinda bummed about it but oh well.

Ok they won’t let me buy them, I guess this lets me go to 24.8 while keeping radar. Maybe in the future they’ll have an upgrade path for non owners to want to transition to regular vision autopilot. That or maybe wider angle cams will be a retrofit option in a few years. Kinda bummed about it but oh well.

You can buy them but you need to know what you’re buying cause they won’t help you with that. Create a service ticket which lays out all the part numbers you wish to order and advise if any of the part numbers that you submit cannot be found then you’d like to order the latest revision of that item. You can then either install yourself if you have basic mechanic experience or attempt to pay them to install them once they arrive at the service center to be picked up.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
What was your safety score?

Any one got FSD Beta for the first time after getting camera retrofits? I got the camera retrofits about two months ago but safety score has fallen to 90 :(
I was on 10.12.2 since June 4th so I was already in.

But my first 10.69 drive this morning was amazing! It did things my 12.2 couldn’t and the braking and turning are SO MUCH smoother. The steering wheel is way more stable. I only had one takeover this morning on my commute and I’m not even sure I had to. Just being extra cautious. Excited to try this more! But already my first drive is the best beta has ever done!!

You can buy them but you need to know what you’re buying cause they won’t help you with that. Create a service ticket which lays out all the part numbers you wish to order and advise if any of the part numbers that you submit cannot be found then you’d like to order the latest revision of that item. You can then either install yourself if you have basic mechanic experience or attempt to pay them to install them once they arrive at the service center to be picked up.
So you can buy them but they can't install them because "supply chain issues...we'd rather sell them to you instead of doing what was promised for free". SMH

1662998027278.png

Me...sitting here waiting for a free MCU2 upgrade.